Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Doodle Adopt 1: Socks by Error

Based on Click to view
Artist Error [gallery]
Time spent 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
42 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Doodle Adopt 1: Socks

Postby Error » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:16 pm

Since I figured I'm not gonna keep all the characters that resulted from the mouse doodles, I decided to just adopt them out.
    I don't really feel like selling them or dealing with trade offers, so instead we're just gonna do a simple competition.

By entering for this fellow you agree to the following rules:
      - No hateful content can be made using these character designs (for example: drawing them supporting racism is a no-no)
      - You are allowed to change the species/design/whatever as you develop them as long as you credit me for the original concept design. (this includes entering for this design with the intention of revamping it, if I inspired you somehow then it's considered a win in my book. I just wanna see what you come up with)
      - Please don't enter if you plan on flipping the design or selling it. I will block those who enter for my designs with the purpose of making a profit off of them.
      - That being said, you can sell this design later down the road when you no longer connect with it and you've commissioned art pieces for it. So like, to get your money's worth from what you put in is a-okay.

You can credit me via my Toyhouse: errorsin

Fill out this form:

Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]How did they get those socks?[/b] (minimum word requirement: 50 | Max words: unlimited.)
    [b]What do they do for a living?[/b] (minimum word requirement: 50 |Max words: unlimited.)

ended, now owned by tixtrix
Last edited by Error on Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Error

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Doodle Adopt 1: Socks

Postby MuddyPawprints » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:24 pm

Username: . branded .
Name: erin
How did they get those socks? It's family tradition for Erin's family to pass down a pair of specially knitted socks on the day the child becomes an adult. These are passed down mother to child. The tradition goes all the way back to nearly ancient times, there's records going back much further than you'd think! Erin waited for this day her entire life, waiting and waiting, and when it finally did come she got so excited she nearly fainted upon recieving her very own pair.
What do they do for a living? Erin works in the pediatrics ward at the local hospital. It's a small place, but they desperately needed the help, and she had the neccessary skills so she quit her old job- which she wasn't all that passionate about- to work there instead. Now she goes to work every day with a smile on her face! Bringing joy and health back to those kids brightens her life.
MuddyPawprints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby radiio » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:32 am

Username: Tixtrix
Name: Aloe
How did they get those socks? They got them at a special kind of carnival, known as the 'Festival of Trash'. Less desirable things were sold and it wasn't as fancy or shiny or, looking back on it, safe as other traveling carnivals. But it felt more homey than the other events. Everyone was more up-front about how what you're getting is probably trashy. Although the target group for this experience was lowlife animals like raccoons, rats, mice, and pigeons, the carnival was all-inclusive, and anyone could get in in exchange for a shiny thing or two. Aloe's parent let him play one game and he chose the disk drop game. It fell and he was so excited to win a "big prize!". But it ended up only falling into the small prize hole, which had a variety of small cloth items and a few old tennis balls and such. After a minute or two of excited digging through the rack of small prizes, Aloe picked up some fresh, new socks. And even over the years as he's bought more, newer socks with less patches and holes, he kept coming back to these ones.

What do they do for a living? (minimum word requirement: 50 |Max words: unlimited.) Aloe is a freelance artist and shop owner. They take commissions when they can get them and spend the rest of their time exploring old human dumps for stuff to sell in his little shop. Shiny bits, glass, small trinkets, toys, you name it. His shop is a small, cluttered stall in a full-time convention-like spot with lots of stands selling things from paper to cloth to food. He loves to chat with customers and will head to other stalls to chat and buy a book if he can get his paws on one to read while he waits on slower days. He gets by, even if its somewhat shakily sometimes.
radiio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Error » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:30 pm

tixtrix wrote:Username: Tixtrix
Name: Aloe
How did they get those socks? They got them at a special kind of carnival, known as the 'Festival of Trash'. Less desirable things were sold and it wasn't as fancy or shiny or, looking back on it, safe as other traveling carnivals. But it felt more homey than the other events. Everyone was more up-front about how what you're getting is probably trashy. Although the target group for this experience was lowlife animals like raccoons, rats, mice, and pigeons, the carnival was all-inclusive, and anyone could get in in exchange for a shiny thing or two. Aloe's parent let him play one game and he chose the disk drop game. It fell and he was so excited to win a "big prize!". But it ended up only falling into the small prize hole, which had a variety of small cloth items and a few old tennis balls and such. After a minute or two of excited digging through the rack of small prizes, Aloe picked up some fresh, new socks. And even over the years as he's bought more, newer socks with less patches and holes, he kept coming back to these ones.

What do they do for a living? (minimum word requirement: 50 |Max words: unlimited.) Aloe is a freelance artist and shop owner. They take commissions when they can get them and spend the rest of their time exploring old human dumps for stuff to sell in his little shop. Shiny bits, glass, small trinkets, toys, you name it. His shop is a small, cluttered stall in a full-time convention-like spot with lots of stands selling things from paper to cloth to food. He loves to chat with customers and will head to other stalls to chat and buy a book if he can get his paws on one to read while he waits on slower days. He gets by, even if its somewhat shakily sometimes.

You're the winner because the concept of a trash festival is super neat and I love the concept you came up with for Aloe.
Error

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me