Based on Click to view
Artist Frisco [gallery]
Time spent 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

VOK Winter Lion #2

Postby Frisco » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:57 am

To adopt this lion, you must either:
1. Have a founder, be at least level 1, and have enough space to accommodate this lion
2. Or you can adopt this one as your founder!

i just made Newt lose 2 dollars lol

to win this lion tell me a winter tale! it can be something that happened to them or fiction
they like to tell others during long, winter nights.

max 1000 words
Ends: Dec 16th.

Edits: Medium tail edit

Runnersback wrote:Username: Runnersback
Lion name: Pretichor
Lion gender: Male
Pride: Realms of L’Oasis Lo
Pride status: Victor
Last edited by Frisco on Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: VOK Winter Lion #2

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:08 am

mark :eyes:

───────── ❝ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 xxxxxx
you'll never know what could be until you stand up and try. xxx𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 !! ❞─── ©

xxImage
------------------------------------------------------
.....Hey there! I'm Kitten, a Christian teen trying
......to love God and love others. I'm especially
......into writing, books, and art!! Not really active
......on here anymore, just here for a few friends
......and some art stuff. Don't expect quick replies
......from me, thank you <3xxxxxxpsalm 119:105

------------------------------------------------------
┍━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆. ━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
xxxstormbuffearthaoiknick's murdercats
.xxraini-froggemeek the weakshyshie.
xxxxxxxxpanda sistaocean xinqiu
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ .━━━━━━━━━━━━┙
Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:09 am

Mark
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Runnersback » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:21 am

Username: Runnersback
Pride: Realms of L’Oasis Lo
Pride status: Victor
||The Lion,The Wood,and The Whale Rider||
It was a cold blustery day as Pretrichor strolled down the streets of the main isles,he could always return home by crossing the victors bridge to his lonely home. But by the way the Capitol sent off lions to run the mazes he was sure his village of one would be expanding. Yet he couldn’t help leaving the island that had set it all into motion for him,for one it was beautiful and the folks were charming, and on the other hand he could help the other new victors when they arrived back. So the soft fluffy lion continued strolling onwards taking in the birds chirping, the paws crunching the yesteryears snow, and the lions murmuring- no more like howling from jokes and joyfully mind boggling, soul stopping, transportation to another land stories.Pretrichor heard it all.

But this story,this fable had made Pretrichor stop and join the small crowd interested in the peculiar lion with a mask of feathers covering its face. “... so the Whale Rider had banished the foolish lion who had chopped the only tree willing to give him wood for self defense... The End!” The masked figure said with a throaty chuckle as Pretrichor frowned, he had missed it and not only that the ending was now spoiled for him. Yet the story still tugged at his heartstrings while other lions of the Capitol started walking away.

“Sir that story? I have never heard of it with the whale rider before ,only the lion and the wood. You don’t mind retelling it for me?” Pretrichor asked with inquisition.

The old lion with the mask on chuffed softly,“Alright alright, just for you sunny boy. These old bones have nothing better to do anyhow.”

Pretrichor had given a small smile before he wrapped his massive fluffy tail around his soft delicate paws. As the older lion moved closer to the small burning fire before clearing his throat once again.

“There was once a young lion,who had it all the brawn, the brains, but not wood.... Say lad, he looks awfully a lot like you.” The old soul reminisced before chuckling at Pretrichor’s unamused expression. “Take a joke dear boy, the lion looked nothing like you. He was far more handsome and had the wits of a cougar.” He teased seeing the youthful lion get mad before bursting on at the seems for him to get on with the story.“Alright, alright. Now this lion truly had it all even a small axe head fastened with two strapping vines. So one day he had picked up his axe and went on a search. A search for trees to lend him a few sticks or two.” He said softly.

“And so he asked the pines, the firs, the mighty oaks, and they all said no. He had traveled far and wide till he got to the gentle willows. Who gladly lent a helping branch. They were gentle and quite excited to see what the lion was going to do with the branch. So he softly picked up the thick branch and fastened it to the head of his axe. He was finally able to use the beautiful beast of weapon. Then he got to work,as he turned his back against the helping willows and started felling one by one. As each tree fell they all let out silent heart shattering screams. They had been lied to,they had been used like bloody fools.” He said.

Pretrichor blinked softly as he tried to find the moral of the fable but it seemed the masked lion was not finished and boy did that make Pretrichor happy.

Pretrichor blinked softly as he tried to find the moral of the fable but it seemed the masked lion was not finished and boy did that make Pretrichor happy.

“That’s when the Whale Rider had came and saw the damage the lion had left in its toxic wake. And he wept,wept for the trees who were cruelly taken advantage of before he came across the lion. And then he banished him for all eternity. Thee end.”The old soul said with a bone rattling cough.

Pretrichor smiled and nodded,“So the moral of the story is not to not give your enemies the means of destroying yourself-,sir? Sir?” He asked curiously as he jumped up seeing that the masked creature was gone. It was odd. It was a apparition and if only Pretrichor knew that he was the trees....

[710/1000]
Last edited by Runnersback on Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

runners/sharkkbait/swiftie
Image🎶 RTF 🎶 cal-vain ©

𝙸 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝,
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑."

𝐼𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝒶
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:34 am

Username: KestrelTheFirecat
Lion name: efoura
Lion gender: female
Pride: shadow pride
Pride status: Sky watcher
Prompt: Wip
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mercuré » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:16 am

Username: irockwaffleking
Lion name: Khei
Lion gender: male
Pride: The Pantheon
Pride status: Traveler from the land of snow
Prompt: (exactly 1000 words not including title)
Khei's Journey

Khei had heard the whispers of Yuki-Onna since he had been a cub. A lioness paler and colder than the snow that fell over his home. Black eyes that pierced and a small black mane that held that same intensity. Red cheeks that reminded him of flowers he had once seen brought from a far off land. Flowers though were delicate, fragile petals crumpled by soft paws, Yuki-Onna was cold and cruel and merciless. She had no paws but hovered instead, allowing her to move swiftly and silently across the snow. No warning when she…

Well admittedly Khei didn’t know. It was uncertain what exactly she did. Some said that she would appear and breathe her icy breath across you and in the morning they’d find you frozen. Others said she would lead you off your route so you got lost in the endless swirling snow. Others said they wouldn’t find you, just a place in the snow where your paw prints had stopped. As if somehow the landscape had swallowed you whole.

And so young Khei had grown wary of longer travels in the snow. He would look over his shoulder to make sure she wasn’t following him, moving without paws. As he aged however his fears slowly melted like a snowbank in a warm sun. No other lions lived where he did, the closest pride being the far away foreigners. Her story always nagged Khei. An itch in the back of his mind that appeared when he went on walks alone or when moonlight fell across silent snow banks.

Khei had always loved how the snow could look. At sunset a glow reflected in a million tiny crystals or at night, a soft moonlit shine. But he found himself remembering that traveler who came from so far away. The one bearing flowers he called, “tulips” and stories of wonders such as “grass fields,” “frogs,” and, “fruit.” He remembered how the traveler had told him that Khei’s eyes had reminded him of long stretches of grass fields in autumn and it had both shocked and excited him that a landscape could be something other than snow and slender trees that bent in the wind. “You should come see my land some time” he had said.

As Khei had looked at his reflection in a sheet of ice and saw his yellow eyes. Khei wondered what a land filled with golden hues could be like. To travel he would have to go farther through the snow banks then he had ever been. He went to the king telling him of his plan of adventure and was given the king's blessing. The whistling of the wind that night as he slept for one last time before his journey reminded him of her. It felt like a taunt. I am a Lion not cub He thought to himself. I won’t be stopped by a legend

Khei wasn't sure exactly how long the journey would be. The traveler said roughly a week before ice and snow would give way to grass and dirt. And so Khei pressed on. Four nights he slept comfortably under stars that were the only familiar thing in uncharted land.

However The fifth night as he began to settle under an old and tall pine he saw something down the hill from him. A flit of movement so quick it must’ve been a snow bank shifting or a shadow from a tree. It had to be.

The sixth night he saw her. As he settled by the side of a large jagged stone he saw something strikingly black amidst the snow banks. A black mane, the individual’s head turned away from him. Khei felt his heart turn heavy as it dropped down inside him. His erratic breathing audible over the wind. Even though she couldn’t possibly hear him from that far away he felt at any second she would notice him. Her own breath would be icy and controlled as it turned him into…. Khei couldn’t think of it. Eventually he feel asleep there, watching to make sure she didn’t move even an inch closer.

Khei was dreading the seventh night. He hastened his pace in hopes of reaching the foreign land before night fall but to no avail. Dusk settled calmly but with finality, as if declaring a death sentence. And as he looked for a place to rest he saw her. Without paws she floated softly above the snow. Graceful for a spirit that could kill. Khei might as well have been turned to ice already as he stood frozen in fear so powerful his only movement was a slight trembling in his limbs. She slowly approached him then paused and gestured over to the side.

And there Khei saw a lioness quite obviously dead but so peaceful she could’ve been sleeping. If it wasn’t for the ice that covered her or the way her body did not rise and fall he would’ve run over to wake her up. But more shocking was the lion’s appearance. A pale white with a black mane and foreign tulip cheeks. Yuki-Onna had been alive. He looked over to her spirit now, somehow even paler than her living form. The only difference was the lack of paws and the fact that she moved. Yuki-Onna spoke now, a voice so quiet yet somehow almost deafening over the roar of the wind. “Take me home.” As she spoke it she looked to the dawn rising on the horizon. The light slowly pushed away the curtain of darkness to reveal a field of grass. She hadn’t been trying to lead travelers astray, she had been trying to bring them to her. So she could be buried in a land of flowers and fields, away from the cold that killed her.

And so gently, as the sun dawned over a night he never thought he’d survive, Khei picked up Yuki-Onna. A lost lioness rather than a vengeful spirit, and brought her to land of sun.
Last edited by Mercuré on Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Mercuré

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galeslash7 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:01 pm

Username: MacawWildGirl
Lion name: FluffSpark
Lion gender: Female
Pride: Ndege Pride
Pride status: Owl
Prompt:

FluffSpark gathered the cubs together on a cold Ndege morning in the largest cave. The bitter and cold wind lashed the plants and animals outside and each cub shivered as the came in. FluffSpark beckoned them closer and into her fluffy fur. The cubs huddled close and began to settle next to her.
“Welcome cubs. I have another story for you today. This one is about a land far away that has never seen the cold like we have. Would you like to hear it?”
“Okay.” The cubs nodded their agreement, but they could not imagine a place without cold.
“Okay, this is a story from one of my many travels. Now remember, before I came to Ndege, I used to travel the world. Now, this story is from one of the Dry areas in an area called… the Pride Lands.

“Once there were two lion brothers, one strong brother and one weaker. But the weaker one was smart while his brother was a bully. Both brothers wanted to be king, but when the time came, their father chose the stronger brother to be king. The father believed that the other brother would be too weak to be king, even though he was much smarter than his brother. Their rules are very different from ours and no lion got to vote who would be king. The stronger brother was named Mufasa and the weaker one was named Taka. Mufasa proudly assumed the throne just as their father died. He treated Taka very badly and forced him to live under the Pride’s symbol of strength, a large rock that stood over the whole land named, Pride Rock. A not too creative name, I know. This rock was so huge, and all the lions lived in it, except for poor Taka. Sometimes, Mufasa would boast his power by walking out onto the rock and standing at the tip of it. Then he would roar over all the land. Taka, who was forced to live under this rock, got very angry. He decided to challenge Mufasa to win the throne back from his bullying brother. But Taka was weaker than Mufasa and failed. Mufasa slashed him across the face, mercilessly, to try to scare Taka into never challenging him again. Then, to add to Taka’s humiliation, Mufasa renamed him Scar. Taka, now Scar was forced to live under Pride Rock again for many more years.

“Years later, Mufasa had a son named Simba, who was just as arrogant as his father. While he was still very young, he would often proclaim and sing about how he ‘Just couldn’t wait to be king.’ One day, Simba came to see Scar and arrogantly proclaimed again and again how he would be king. Now Scar was very angry, because he did not wish the throne to fall into the evil little cub’s paws. He came up with a plan to get Simba and Mufasa away from the Pride Lands, so the Pride Lands would not have to suffer under Mufasa’s tyrannical rule. He told Simba about an elephant graveyard, hoping to convince him to go there. The elephant graveyard was where the hyenas lived, where the had been banished from the land by Mufasa. Scar wanted a treaty with the hyenas and wanted peace with them, unlike Mufasa. He hoped the hyenas would chase out evil Simba, out of the Pride Lands and out of the graveyard.

“Simba did go to the graveyard but was able to come back to the Pride Lands because of his father, who bullied the poor hyenas. Scar traveled to the hyenas to make sure they were alright and to come up with a plan to drive Mufasa and Simba out. The poor hyenas were scared of Mufasa, but Scar told them to ‘be prepared’ for his plan. Several days later, Scar and the hyenas were ready to make sure Mufasa and Simba left the Pride Lands forever. Scar led Simba down to a gorge and told him to wait there and practice his roars. The vain young prince agreed and started to practice. Meanwhile the hyenas drove a herd of wildebeest into the gorge. Scar ran to tell Mufasa and the two of them ran to the gorge. The wildebeest herd ran down the gorge and toward Simba. Simba tried to outrun them but failed. Mufasa jumped to save his son, and he too started to try to outrun the herd. So far, Scar’s plan was working! He hoped to use the herd to chase Mufasa and Simba out of the land. But then, Mufasa did something unexpected. He tossed Simba towards the side of the gorge and started to climb up somewhere else. Scar did not know what to do. Soon Mufasa was climbing towards Scar. Scar did not want to hurt his brother, but there was nothing else he could do. He had to save the Pride Lands from his evil brother at any cost. Scar was sad at what he was about to do, but knew he had no other choice. He grabbed Mufasa and threw off the cliff and into the herd. Mufasa was dead.

“Simba, who was still on the cliff, cried out and ran to his father. Scar walked towards Mufasa’s body and Simba, feeling very sad that his only brother was dead. But the plan was not done yet. He still had one more thing to do: Get Simba out. He told Simba it was all his fault and convinced him to ’run. Run away and never return.’ Scared, Simba obeyed and ran out of the Pride Lands. Finally, their land was freed from a tyrant’s rule. Scar invited the hyenas to share the big land with them and soon all lived in peace. The Pride Lands were saved.”

“Now, cubs what can we learn from this story?”

“Brawn is not always better than brains!”

“Bullies are bad!”

“Scar did what was right and was loyal to his Pride, not his evil brother.”

{Exactly 1,000 words}
Last edited by Galeslash7 on Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Loki here will take you to the MACAW JUNGLE!!!
A storage of all my adopts!
ImageImage
Galeslash7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:22 pm

Username: Tiger♥Bear
Lion name: Laini
Lion gender: Female
Pride: Pekee Pamoja
Pride status: Hunter
Prompt: First Encounter with Snow 695/1,000

Exhausted. Slow. Laini had been traveling for a while. This valley was... different. Warm. The ground was dry and made her paws itch. Everything was new to her. She wasn't born into this world. The wild. It was all so overwhelming and yet enticing. The fresh air she could feel through her pelt. The warm sun warming her down to the skin. The thing she enjoyed most was the open space. It was terrifying. Exciting. She could see on forever. Before, she could only catch glimpses of the outside world through a whole in the wall. A small window in her cramped box of a room. She had been born in some type of captivity nearly two years ago but now it was time to be released. Whatever test they had for her, she passed.
    Now, she was out and making her way toward...something. Anything. She could feel something calling her out there but couldn't say what it was. Call of adventure? Pull of a new home? Whatever the case, she was determined to find out. So she pressed on. Ahead she could see mountains stretching up into the sky. Whatever it was that had her tethered was just beyond these mountains. She could feel it. A small burst of energy surged through her aching limbs. Almost. There. She pressed forward a little more quickly and with a slight bounce. The climb was relatively easy once she'd located a path. A natural incline up the side of the mountain. The weather here was changing. It was cooler the higher she climbed. A refreshing change.
    She knew it was late in the year. Or perhaps it had been long enough to be the beginnings of a new year. Those that had raised her making mention of "Christmas" and "New Year" gatherings before sending her out. From her room, she didn't get to experience much of the outside world. On occasion, she was released into a different container. A gated boundary that allowed her access to a small portion of what the world had to offer. She recalled wishing for more of that time outside even if it were in a cage. Deep down, she knew she was meant for the wild. Whatever was wrong with her, she hoped they fixed it quickly. She wanted out.
    Laini had made great time up the mountain. She was nearing the peak by now. If she had thought the base of the mountain cool, up here was definitely cold. She was grateful for her thick coat. It helped in blocking out some of the chilling wind that was blowing through her fur. What await her at the top, she didn't know but again felt the tugging of something. Cresting of the final stretch, what she saw below made her halt. Atop this mountain, she could see everything. Or at least what felt like everything. More mountains stretched on. Trees filling the valley between. But most of all, the field of white that lie in a basin just a few yards down from the peak. She rushed down, her paws occasionally slipping with her haste, trying to reach the white blanket below.
    It was untouched. Hesitantly reaching a paw out, she could tell it was going to be cold. Even before she touched it, she could feel the cool air about it. It was also soft, giving way easily under her paw. A light crunching noise emitted when she pushed down further. It must of been better packed beneath this top layer. Her eyes lit up as she looked over the rest of the snow. This. This is what had called her here. She just knew it. Something about this stuff at her feet felt like home. It felt right. With a mischievous smile, she crouched down low before launching herself out further into the field. The cold seeped into her paws but she didn't care. Jumping around, leaving prints behind. She flopped to the side, rolling in the snow. Some of the flakes made it past the fur and to the skin making her shiver but that didn't stop her. She laughed aloud, not a care in the world.
Last edited by Tiger♥Bear on Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pekee Pamoja . VOK
Fallitur . VOK

Toyhou.se
Bear/vs/Bull is my husband.
fairytail*~, itsRBandPJ, munch1111,
and
Noebelle22 are my sisters.
We sometimes share a computer.
Please do not ban us!
I am looking for art of my VOK characters. Please send me a message if interested in doing some art, we can discuss payment.
Currently looking to swap some pets for true dates (pets adopted on the first of the month). Check out my trades for more info. Open to normal trades as well but would prefer date swaps at the moment. Also up for roleplay. I'm open to ideas, just send me a message with your thoughts and I'll let you know if I'm interested. If not, we can work something else out.
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clementine Cloud » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:50 am

Username: Clementine Cloud
Lion name: Summit
Pride: The Forgotten Vale
Pride status: Storyteller and Native of the Vale
Prompt: Calla and the Frozen Bone (A Fable)
Clementine Cloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frisco » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:43 am

Runnersback wrote:Username: Runnersback