Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Range Trotters V.2 ꧂ by HowlingHooves

Based on Click to view
Artist HowlingHooves [gallery]
Time spent 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 11
136 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Range Trotters V.2 ꧂

Postby HowlingHooves » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:33 am

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

breedings || imports || rarity guide
    archives || discord || artist search
    hm & shop || explore || auctions || trading thread

visual guide by adheline! ♥

COMPETITIONS
    Cross-Country/Endurance || Dressage/Harness Racing

New comp threads 11/26
    Cross Country/Endurance || Dressage/Harness Racing

GIFT LINES
    by Andromeda
    by adheline
    by adheline

Thank you:
    adheline for listing to me complain and think out loud so often. Your help learning genetics, and your no-nonsense setting me straight when I'm baffled or wrong, has been such an asset to me.
    EmberWolf for both the original lines, and the newly minted work you've done! You have always done amazing work, and I greatly appreciate your willingness to fix things up for the new release.
    chemical. for being there to help me through the internal struggles with how to reopen these guys, and finally just telling me to do it. Can't say no to someone who just laughs and says get it done!
    novaks for just being you and letting me vent the frustrations when it came down to choosing a over b and the pros and cons lists weren't settling my mind. Which is always, but you're there to smooth it all over.
    rebel.appy for all your patience and offering to always help even if you were already super busy. Without your kindness I wouldn't be reopening things as smoothly and nicely as it has been.
    Tynahi for supporting me with the previous version and through this one. Always there helping me focus when I forgot about something I said I'd get done.

Thanks everyone, I love you all! ♥

C U R R E N T E V E N T S
    Shady’s Bug Fair!

P A S T E V E N T S
    Safari Event
    Coffee Event
    Potter Trotters
    Mesozoic Trotters
    Color the Blanket
    Biome Event
    Gothic Event
    Summer in the Valley
    Carousel Trotters
    Roaming the Den Halloween
    Folmes' Game Week
    Secret Santa 2022
    Tax’s Alphabet Soup!
    Fawn's Beneath the Canopy
    Bruja’s Sweetheart Trotters
Last edited by HowlingHooves on Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:04 am, edited 48 times in total.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Range Trotters V.2 - Rules ꧂

Postby HowlingHooves » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:34 am

• All CS rules apply, this includes interactions on our discord server.

• Range Trotters are a non-profit closed species. You may use them elsewhere, but please link back to the species adopt to give proper credit. Users may not be added to the adopts they have won, customs ordered or breedings created.

• A storage page must be updated fully in order to request breedings. This includes proper and easy to find links to individual trotters, lineages and slot usage. Sites such as weebly, toy-house, or on-site are acceptable, but deviantart storage is not. There is currently no limit to how many Trotters you may own.

• V1 trotters may be used in breedings in V2, but cannot be used to compete. They must be named and updated with all necessary information mentioned above.

• Items, small edits (ie. horns, cloven hooves, etc.) mane/tail edits are acceptable, but all other edit types, including feathering, lion tails and roman noses, are no longer acceptable in the adopt. Any edits made are subject to pass in breedings via the breeding artist requested, they are not a guarantee. Any larger line edits released will be discussed among the team and done so via an event to ensure an equal opportunity for the community to obtain without charge.

• Transfers from V1 to V2 are not permitted at this time. This may or may not change.

• Custom Range Trotters may be sold for the price they were paid for. The price cannot exceed 500c$, unless in the event artwork has been made for the Trotter. If discussing USD sales, they must be taken offsite per CS rules. All artists have their own prices for customs, and it is expected to abide by their individual rules. Updated!

• Pet and Item worth is taken into account for C$ value! If you’re unsure, please check with the appropriate forum for pet or item worth.

• Free Adopts cannot be sold for currency! You did not pay for them, they cannot be purchased for C$, pets or items, or real currency. They can be traded for other trotters, breeding slots, or outside adopts (if rules permit.)

• Please do not bump adopts for the purpose of updating images, or completing unjudged adopts. I, HowlingHooves, tries to go through periodically to have things updated but if it has been more run 30 days since the end date or judge date, please contact me for a status update.

• All official documentation regarding Range Trotters must be made on-site via PMs with admin and/or archivists. If it is not done so, information is subject to be lost and/or not received by all parties. To avoid confusion, please be sure you are sending PMs to the proper parties! Permissions, questions or comments are the exception and can be made elsewhere.

• When transferring ownership of Range Trotters, the former owner and the new owner must post on the page stating the transfer has been made. The former owner must also post on the trade archive thread with the form stating who is receiving and how the trade was completed. (ie. slot trades, full trotter trade, pet trade, etc.)

• In the event of a site ban, all owned trotters are subject to revocation and redistribution among the community. Creating artists are given the option to adopt first, and any others will be readopted out via raffles. All site-banned users are permitted a grace period of two months before this will be done.

• In the event of a species ban, any owned trotters that were not received from V1, Auctions, or Paid Imports will be revoked from the banned user. They will then be redistributed via raffle throughout the community in our discord server.

• Rules are subject to addition, alteration or removal at any given time.

• All trotters have five breeding slots. V1 trotters may still breed if they have available slots.

• All horses must be named, have a halter and have a fully up to date storage in order to breed. A warning will be given to users who abuse this on multiple occasions. This includes V1 trotters, if they are being used for breeding purposes.

• Foals grow in 14 days from their post date. If a growth has not been posted for 30 days after the growth date, please contact HowlingHooves directly via PM on-site.

• Breedings are limited to 6 per community member! However, Wild Dog Overo breedings can only be ordered twice a month per user, with both breedings being created by different artists. Artists do not have a monthly limit.

• Artists are encouraged to order breedings from others, but may create personal breedings. Rolling is preferred to be done by another staff member.

• Any edits on parents are not guaranteed to pass to offspring. This decision is up to the breeding artist, and edits should not be requested to pass in forms. Edits must follow the above guidelines, regardless of whether the trotters are from V1 or V2.

• Dyed manes and/or tails cannot pass to offspring. Colored hair is created via customs, and as such foals should not have colored hair.

• Rules are subject to addition, alteration or removal at any given time.

• Artists are encouraged to try to make one adopt per month. This does not include customs or breedings.

• In order to open customs, one free adopt and one other freely obtained trotter should be made per batch opening. This can be a breeding or adopt, or an event related trotter. This is non-negotiable as of implementation May 1st, 2022. Updated!

• New staff may only create a custom hub after three months of active service. This activity will be counted as adopts, not breedings. new!

• New staff may only be added to the Auction Block after three months of active service. This activity will be counted as adopts, not breedings. new!

• Artists may make a personal custom once per month. These do not roll over into future months,
    but a previous months custom can be created up until the 4th of each month.

• Please try to keep genetics correct. If you have questions, don't ever be afraid to ask. Chances are someone else may be
    struggling with the same thing, and it will benefit everyone in the long run. ♥

• Please try to keep rare markings less common. There is no official ratio to follow, but as a rule of thumb most adopts made should more often be common-uncommon with some rare traits seen as well. Limited markings should be restricted to imports, events or special release numbers.

Warnings:
    None! c:

Bans:

Form:
    Code: Select all
    [size=85][center][quote]Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.[/quote][/center]

info + comp
    [b]End Date:[/b]

[b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Show Name:[/b]
    [b]Barn Name:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Height:[/b]
    [b]Eye Color:[/b]
    [b]Phenotype:[/b]
    [b]Genotype:[/b]

[code][b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Show Name:[/b]
    [b]Barn Name:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Height:[/b]
    [b]Halter Color:[/b]
    [b]Prompt:[/b][/code]
    [/size]
Last edited by HowlingHooves on Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:57 am, edited 33 times in total.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Range Trotters - Staff & Affiliates ꧂

Postby HowlingHooves » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:34 am

Unlike other adopt species, ghost staff listed here are a group of members who are not restricted by the adopts per month quota.
    These positions were reserved for individuals who had helped with the creation of the current version of Range Trotters,
    or were offered the position for their assistance current or previous.
    These members are considered full-time benefit artists.
    These positions are not open to other artists or staff on the team.

HowlingHooves ;; Owner
    strangetales ;; Inventory Archivist
    Taxidea ;; Trotter Archivist

Active Artists
    pending update, please be patient. ❤️

want to be affiliates?
    Thanks to ArkinHallow for the stamp! ♥
    Thanks to Chellerd for the stamp! ♥
    ImageImage
    Thanks for Taxidea for these stamps! ♥
Last edited by HowlingHooves on Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:57 am, edited 43 times in total.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Range Trotters V.2 HMs & Shop ꧂

Postby HowlingHooves » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:35 am

The NRTrA has a special shop just for members!
    They offer a few items that will give their horse the chance to participate in their hosted shows, as well as some boosters in regards to breeding.

They accept a form of currency called Honorable Mentions, or HMs.
    Artists can give out HMs to users in any adopt they host, with the exception of FCFS or Raffle types, to users they feel are deserving. These are usually based on a personal liking for any form(s) that did not win the adopt, and so tastes will vary among the artist team when they do give out HMs.
    There is no limit to how many HMs any user can win, but artists should only award a max of three users per regular adopt.
    Special adopts may have two HMs awarded per user, but only a max of three users may be given HMs. Special adopts are only posted every 500 numbers.

The shop has a full inventory, standard items will never cycle in or out of stock.
    Some items, however, may only be won or purchased from special events! These items will not be available after the event has ended. Some items will always be available even after an event has ended, however.

To purchase any items, please be sure to double check your current HM stock.
    If you have enough for the item in question, just send a PM or a DM to HowlingHooves asking to purchase the item.

Inventories & Shop

Please be aware that the HM inventory is not updated immediately!
    It is done on a monthly basis, usually mid-month, and so you may not see all HMs tagged under your name.
    An update date is posted on both the HM and Item inventory sheets, but if you have won other HMs after that date and would like to use them please provide a link back to the post awarding the HM.
    Items won from events will be added to inventories after the event has ended. If these items are used during the event, no need to worry! I've got it marked down as used if this is done.
    Please do not send messages about updating item inventories if items are awarded from the competition threads!
    I have a system to adding competition items, and these will not be added until full updates are made time for.
    Thank you!
Last edited by HowlingHooves on Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:34 am, edited 15 times in total.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Range Trotters V.2 - Change Log ꧂

Postby HowlingHooves » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:35 am

• Reline by Emberwolf, including a helpful fix to the fetlock feathering by adding an entirely separate base!
    • Breeding rules and guidelines were edited for both clarity and updates.
    • Rules were edited for clarity, consolidated and had adjustments made.
    • Line edits have been barred from the adopt due to stress and previous errors with breedings if involved.
    • The genetic tiers were rehauled and posted in an easy to follow table.
    • A discord server was made for Version 2.
    • Competitions have been added with four options, all including up to seven tiers and rewards for placements. An added bonus for champions is available!
    • The orginal item shop has been discontinued! Item types have been downsized and a new shop will be opened later on.
    • An association has been listed NRTrA. More information will come regarding this registry!
Last edited by HowlingHooves on Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotters V.2 ꧂

Postby HowlingHooves » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:36 am

marking is now open! ♥
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotters V.2 ꧂

Postby Glowingsaltshaker » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:50 am

mark!!!
]
[center][she/they]
[struggling with mental health, be patient with me please. Im not very active but slowly returning ]
Glowingsaltshaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strangetales » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:53 am

mark!
strangetales

My pets