Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

comfy slug status by SilhouetteStation

Artist SilhouetteStation [gallery]
Time spent 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

comfy slug status

Postby SilhouetteStation » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:16 am

I was second guessing posting this but ?? nah fam let's talk abt our feelings n stuff

anxiety can really just. kick your butt sometimes and panic/anxiety attacks are just. real sucky. anyone who has experiences with things like this will know that they can vary each time you have one and they don't always follow the 'common' reactions. you can feel mild panic over little things, like a puppy barking at the wind. they can come and go in the space of ten minutes. they can be like an earthquake, the feeling of fear hitting you in the core, and the aftershocks can come in waves for hours. sometimes your head + body can feel all wonky and it's like you're disconnected from your physical self which isn't a nice feeling when you're trying to take back some control. you can feel hot/cold flashes. your body can tremble and your teeth can chatter like you're freezing.

and then when you're finally feeling calmer it can take a long time to actually recover from it. psa for people who don't have anxiety, once the panic attack stops, the person who had it doesn't feel better in five minutes. really bad anxiety can make you feel so physically drained and tired like you've just run a marathon. hormones and emotions and adrenaline go stupid wild during these times and even after resting/sleepning for hours you can still feel the effects so. please be gentle to people with anxiety. if you have anxiety, please be gentle with yourself.

- get comfy w/blanket if you wont overheat
- comforting beverage
- if you cry, drink a glass of water first to rehydrate yourself
- pet cuddles
- people cuddles/affection
- chocolate is good
- watch some videos (satisfying compilations, things that will make u laugh, etc)
- tell someone (if you can) just to let them know (this can help a lot)
- know that you are and will be okay
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: comfy slug status

Postby Rylf » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:22 pm

Ohmygoodness, yes. The after-effect of panic attacks are almost as bad as the panic attack itself. I get the teeth chattering, shaking, muscle pains, heart pain, numb limbs. First time it happened, I was rushed to the ER under the impression I was having a heart attack. That’s how severe it was. It’s so so very scary and painful. And you’re right, it isn’t exactly the same each time. So every single time is equally as scary because it’s different and new. It feels like dying. Aftercare is SOOOOOOO important. Cuddles. Blankets. A heater. Ice cream. Some light-hearted tv. Just a little bit of time to relax and recoup.

I don’t talk about it much because people treat mental illnesses as phony. Fake. Made up. They’re REALLY not. Yeah, it IS all in my head. ThT’s why it’s called a MENTAL illness. But it’s not a choice I make, Unfortunately. Because if I could stop, by gods, I would.

Mental illness is real. Mental illness affects the body as much as it affects the mind. Be mindful. You can’t always tell when someone is having an episode, breakdown, or dissociating. One of the best things you can do is just ask and be understanding. Love everyone.

Sorry..just. Mild rant over. Alajsjsla. It’s just really important to me..
x
━━━

━ ᴡᴀs ᴍᴏʀᴇ

ᴘᴀɪɴғᴜʟ

ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴏ

ʙʟᴏssᴏᴍ ”

x

“ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ

ᴅᴀʏ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ

ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴ ᴛɪɢʜᴛ

ɪɴ ᴀ ʙᴜᴅ ━

━━━

x

Facebook Personal

━━━━━━
Hello! I’m Rylf.
I enjoy anything
artsy but writing
is my true passion.
Feel free to trade,
message, or follow
me on other media!

━━━━━━
Twitter © Tumblr

Rylf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madel » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:24 pm

Damn I wish my parents would let me do that when I get stressed haha
They’re always like “well it’s your fault” or “you’re just turning this issue on yourself”
Parents kinda suck tbh.

Once I had a panic attack on a vacation, and my dad got REALLY mad. I accidentally hit a kid. The kid forgave me and understood the accident, but my dad still thought I was faking it to get out of trouble

╔══════════════════════╗
Mads | He/It | Adult
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Wildlife scientist working in
animal rehabilitation and
rescue. I'm often busy with
work but feel free to DM or
trade me regardless!
Always looking for
macaws, dragons, and wl pets.
Image Image
╚═════════════════════╝
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rylf » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:27 pm

KoiNotFound wrote:Damn I wish my parents would let me do that when I get stressed haha
They’re always like “well it’s your fault” or “you’re just turning this issue on yourself”
Parents kinda suck tbh.

Honestly, yeah. I love my parents but they will never understand. I don’t even try to make them understand anymore because it is just not possible. The hardest part was accepting that they won’t change. Just know that there ARE people that DO understand. And don’t be too angry with your parents. They don’t get it. They weren’t raised with the understanding we have now.
x
━━━

━ ᴡᴀs ᴍᴏʀᴇ

ᴘᴀɪɴғᴜʟ

ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴏ

ʙʟᴏssᴏᴍ ”

x

“ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ

ᴅᴀʏ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ

ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴ ᴛɪɢʜᴛ