Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

i am at my limit by kaatlove

Artist kaatlove [gallery]
Time spent 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
85 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

i am at my limit

Postby kaatlove » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:16 pm

bro
    nothing intrestes me so applying to colleges has me like

-snip existential crisis-

now that thats over
    wanna see my renegade
Last edited by kaatlove on Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
✶ kaat ⋆ chars
kaatlove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: i am at my limit

Postby apricott » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:51 pm

for what it's worth, chilling in forests and / or visiting everywhere is pretty much a field biologist thing. hydrobiologists can get to visit more areas of the world if you manage to get into a project about fish from another region or reefs or something, and otherwise biologists can make ecosystem maps and look for / check out animals in other places, like zoologists or botanists.

i'd offer Latvian universities, but i don't think that any of them offer English speaking courses, so that majorly sucks if you're trying to keep up with studies ;; otherwise i think Tartu university in Estonia has a biology faculty that you could check out, it's supposed to be a pretty good university if you're willing to go anywhere.
x
it will get better!!
very busy usually
all pics have links!
x

x
fruity, he/him, eest
working on gardening
and art as a job

x
apricott

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redhorizon » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:02 am

God I feel you so much- I’m also working on figuring out my next step in my education and I’ve decided I’m going to apprentice, but it would be so nice to just chill in a forest or something. I don’t want to do anything ever lmao, so I really get u.

If you’re looking for advice, I’d suggest looking into skill jobs or trade school! Maybe something you can apprentice for instead of college is a nice even middle ground that still gets you a valid education in life, but isn’t more school. That’s what I’m doing so I just thought I’d suggest it haha. A lot of places don’t really tell you that’s an option bc they wanna push for college, but it totally is!!

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aeth » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:11 am

god kaat.... me.....
    doing my ielts on saturday and then have to throw myself into applications...
    but what am i even appling for hgfhj
aeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby parlaymars » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:49 am

when u realize the natural state of human existence IS to chill in a forest and walk around looking at things, life gets a whole lot sadder
for most people civilization has created an environment that is vvv detrimental to both physical and mental health

we’re just animals we need to be outside chilling by a river eating strawberries,,, THAT is the human condition,,,, not in a steel office building for the rest of our lives

i went to uni as “undecided” for my first year and just said “heck it” and went with a cyber security major
there’s this lie that we’re all peddled that we have to be super passionate about our jobs,,, that’s true for some people, and that’s awesome for them, but for most of us a job is. sucky

this way at least i can work really hard for a few years and then use that money to buy real estate and switch to total passive income (i.e no 9-5 at all. stock exchange is also passive but more risky tbh, tho lots of people i know made hella bank during covid)
we only have a short 90 years on this floating rock and i’m not going to spend all of my life slaving away for the almighty dollar,,
parlaymars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloasiii » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:37 am

I'm graduating in about a week and I only just recently learned that scientific illustration is a career path you can take -- you can chill in nature or wherever and spend your time drawing whatever a museum/textbook/paleontologist/biologist needs you to draw. It also doesn't usually require any particular major, so you could go into whatever interests you without stressing about how it limits your job options.

By the way, you can 100% change majors during your schooling and it's super common to do so! No one know wth they're doing, I said I was pre law when I was applying LOL

Regardless I'm sending you good luck, there are exciting times ahead despite the stress :]
Cloasiii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaatlove » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:30 pm

i meANT to respond like a day ago omg

apricott wrote:for what it's worth, chilling in forests and / or visiting everywhere is pretty much a field biologist thing. hydrobiologists can get to visit more areas of the world if you manage to get into a project about fish from another region or reefs or something, and otherwise biologists can make ecosystem maps and look for / check out animals in other places, like zoologists or botanists.

i'd offer Latvian universities, but i don't think that any of them offer English speaking courses, so that majorly sucks if you're trying to keep up with studies ;; otherwise i think Tartu university in Estonia has a biology faculty that you could check out, it's supposed to be a pretty good university if you're willing to go anywhere.

omg that is worth everything 🥺 i never even heard of a hydrobiologist before youre givin me sm to reaserch, and im def gonna look into those unis !! that area of europe is so stunning, going to school there would be epic. tysm dude omg

booshweasel wrote:God I feel you so much- I’m also working on figuring out my next step in my education and I’ve decided I’m going to apprentice, but it would be so nice to just chill in a forest or something. I don’t want to do anything ever lmao, so I really get u.

If you’re looking for advice, I’d suggest looking into skill jobs or trade school! Maybe something you can apprentice for instead of college is a nice even middle ground that still gets you a valid education in life, but isn’t more school. That’s what I’m doing so I just thought I’d suggest it haha. A lot of places don’t really tell you that’s an option bc they wanna push for college, but it totally is!!

why does no one taLK ABT THISS ,,, they really do make college seem like the only option. a while back i looked into apprenticing at places around me but ig this is a sign to look further than my state bc i wanna yeET anyway !! i never rly though about it as instead of college so hearing that thats what youre doing is so encouraging 🥺 i think im a lil young for most of them, but if i keep rly not vibing with college ill prob be old enough to get one soon 😳

aeth wrote:
    god kaat.... me.....
    doing my ielts on saturday and then have to throw myself into applications...
    but what am i even appling for hgfhj

gOD THE STRESS ,,, ur gonna do so good aeth kill em 💅

parlayx wrote:
when u realize the natural state of human existence IS to chill in a forest and walk around looking at things, life gets a whole lot sadder
for most people civilization has created an environment that is vvv detrimental to both physical and mental health

we’re just animals we need to be outside chilling by a river eating strawberries,,, THAT is the human condition,,,, not in a steel office building for the rest of our lives

i went to uni as “undecided” for my first year and just said “heck it” and went with a cyber security major
there’s this lie that we’re all peddled that we have to be super passionate about our jobs,,, that’s true for some people, and that’s awesome for them, but for most of us a job is. sucky

this way at least i can work really hard for a few years and then use that money to buy real estate and switch to total passive income (i.e no 9-5 at all. stock exchange is also passive but more risky tbh, tho lots of people i know made hella bank during covid)
we only have a short 90 years on this floating rock and i’m not going to spend all of my life slaving away for the almighty dollar,,

rIGHT ,, PLEASE strawbs by a river sounds ideal where did humans go wrong 😔 its like that upgrade... upgrade... go baCK meme
honestly ive been thinkin abt that a lot, get that bread and leAVE ! it seems like such a solid path, comp sci and other similar things rly calling my name for that reason ahaha
and gosh same, i dont want the big bucks so i can be rich i want the big bucks so i can ditch society and live somewhere, never to come back

Cloasiii wrote:I'm graduating in about a week and I only just recently learned that scientific illustration is a career path you can take -- you can chill in nature or wherever and spend your time drawing whatever a museum/textbook/paleontologist/biologist needs you to draw. It also doesn't usually require any particular major, so you could go into whatever interests you without stressing about how it limits your job options.

By the way, you can 100% change majors during your schooling and it's super common to do so! No one know wth they're doing, I said I was pre law when I was applying LOL

Regardless I'm sending you good luck, there are exciting times ahead despite the stress :]

omg congratulations !! ive heard abt scientific illustration recently too, on tiktok lmaO,, it seems like sM work but youre right abt not having to stress abt a job, a very nice backup <3
hAH im glad no one knows whats goin on 😌 all in the same chaotic boat
tysm 🥺 i hope whatever does end up happening is exciting, it will come whether i want it to or not so we'll just have to see :weary:
ImageImage
✶ kaat ⋆ chars
kaatlove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me