Based on Click to view
Artist DecafBunny [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
41 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

staff litter 2020 - Princess and the Pea - Winner

Postby DecafBunny » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:40 pm

Another lovely year of being apart of Kalons ~!! I'm so blessed to be apart of such a wonderful community as well as be apart of a patient and an amazing group of staff. They've had my back when i was going through a lot this year and I really appreciate every single one of them!

Anyway!! About this Kalon. They're based on the story of The Princess and the Pea. I chose this story because I honestly can relate. I'm such a heavy sleeper! Their Traits are listed below.

Hair, shine, fur, ears, tail, and weight (skinny.)

Now, onto the contest details. To win this kalon, design a quilt based on their preferences. What are their preferences? That's up to you! C:

Code: Select all
      [b]Username:[/b]
      [b]Name:[/b]
      [b]Gender:[/b]
      [b]Quilt:[/b]

Ends on the 12th of Dec
Last edited by DecafBunny on Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
        • Going on Haitus again... •

Art by sugartabby72600 wrote:
Owed Work wrote:
• Dealing with personal issues. Probably won't be active again.

DecafBunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: staff litter 2020 - Princess and the Pea

Postby SilhouetteStation » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:24 am

Username: SilhouetteStation
    Name: Beiaryn (Bea)

Quilt:

The first request was that it must have color. Bea has always preferred bright, colorful things, and was more than happy to receive a hodgepodge mishmash of material and thread. Her second request was for the quilt-maker to have free reign. She'd known them since she was a child; they knew her well enough to make images based on what she liked, and preferred, and who she was. This was the resulting quilt, which Bea was absolutely delighted with.

The four corners were for her love of nature; soaking up the morning sun, sleeping with curtains thrown open under a full moon, cloudwatching on the hills, and stargazing from the castle observatory.

The outside tiles were for what Bea loved about her home city of Ashvyen. A crown, to signify her being a princess. A horseshoe, for her love for the majestic beasts. A pond; many of these are scattered throughout the hills and valleys. Trees, for the orchards and forests. A lilypad and frog, both abundant on and around the ponds. A flower, many of which bloom throughout the city in a kind of natural harmony. And a heart; a love for her role, a love for her people, and a love for her home.

The middle four were for the more personal side of Bea. An image of her highnesses own pillow, because everyone knows how much she loves to sleep, and that she steals naps whenever (and wherever) she can. A comb, for her lovely long hair, which she can spend hours brushing at a time until it's as shiny and soft and silk. A teacup like the one she has, painted with a B for her name, which coincides with the cake slice above. She loves sweet treats, and is always eager to enjoy morning and afternoon tea with friends and family.

Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pychlie » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:29 am

Username: EQUIVALANCE
Name: Genevieve
Quilt:
Really wanted to make something that contrasted with the design of the kalon. So I went with a fall-themed quilt!
Last edited by pychlie on Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToyHouse
Pychlie / Lee

previously EQUIVALENCE
pychlie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:01 am

Username: Coraly
Name: ‘Princess’ Penelope
Quilt:
Wip!
A knock. A creak. The door opened.

“What is it this time?” A tone saying that this had happened a dozen times, as if on a repeating loop.

“Ah- uh- her majesty wants another quilt- uh- sir,” The voice was shaky, and so was the kal that it had come from.

“Preferences?”

“Her majesty wants it to feel as if she is sleeping on clouds, and wants vines included in the quilting — as usual. The same vines, her grandmother’s vines and flowers. The usual as well, softest fabric in the kingdom, as silky as her hair. She wants the stuffings to be made of clouds.”

Clouds!” The messenger winced. “She must know by now that is out of my power!” The kalon flicked his tail, and then said, skeptically, “tell her that it’ll be done by Friday. And that the clouds will be there.”

The messenger left in a hurry, and the craftskalon sighed. How was he supposed to get clouds?

Last edited by beebun on Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cyrano » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:31 am

mark, im obsessed :3
used to be: smith(ers) & s-simplicity| toyhou.se | my kalons
Cyrano

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby casiopea » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:42 am

Username: casiopea
      Name: eloise
      Quilt:

eloise has had this quilt ever since she was a kid and she refuses to let go of it, even if it's all tattered and torn. it holds a lot of meaning to her simply because it was the first quilt she had ever received. as a child she would drag it everywhere she went, ignoring the exasperated sighs of her mother telling her to leave it home and give it a rest for a day. to eloise, the quilt represents comfort as well as bittersweet nostalgia for the past. just seeing the peaceful nighttime scene that the quilt so gently depicts is enough to make her forget all her worries.
Last edited by casiopea on Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
casiopea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby •boo• » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:13 pm

Username: NightMareRose
Name: Leah
Quilt: (I wanted to tie in the patch designs on ths kal, I hope that's alright)
Hi I'm Alois!
He/it | Scorpio | AroAce?
Depressed | Anxiety | Sleepy

Kalons | Shamkhyis | Nagalines
Lambicorns | Smoothie Chickens

Check out the CS Discord Server! Avatar ♡
•boo•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerlily » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:28 pm

𝕌𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕟𝕒𝕞𝕖: 𝐹𝓁𝑜𝓌𝑒𝓇𝓁𝒾𝓁𝓎
𝕂𝕒𝕝𝕠𝕟 ℕ𝕒𝕞𝕖: 𝒜𝓂𝑒𝓁𝒾𝑒
𝕂𝕒𝕝𝕠𝕟 𝔾𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣: 𝐹𝑒𝓂𝒶𝓁𝑒
ℚ𝕦𝕚𝕝𝕥:

Image Image
Image Image

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐹𝓁𝑜𝓇𝒶𝓁𝓈

Represent Amelie's preference of time and place: Springtime and her garden.

---

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝒾𝒹

Represents how Amelie prefers to eat her meals out in her garden on her favorite picnic blanket.

---

Image Image
𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝑒𝓌𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒯𝑜𝑜𝓁𝓈

Represent Amelie's preference for things that are handmade and would rather make all her possessions herself, if possible.

---

Image Image
𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒢𝑒𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝓇𝒾𝒸

Fabrics and design of the quilt represent Amelie's pull to perfectionism. Everything must be a particular way if she has a say about it.

---
Other details of note:

- The quilt is stuffed with the remaining fabric scraps and the back is pieced from the larger fabric scraps to represent Amelie's hate of waste/attempt at waste-reduction.
- The quilt binding (edge) is made of fleece, Amelie's favorite fabric because of its warmth. It is stitched on with a vine stitch to be representative of her garden once again.
- The quilt is stuffed due to Amelie loving warm things and a very comfortable lifestyle.
Last edited by Flowerlily on Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
MAY EVERY SUNRISE HOLD MORE PROMISE,
AND EVERY SUNSET HOLD MORE PEACE.
icon by: @riuus ● left by: @dillykai ● right by: @prospitfox
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Flowerlily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:17 pm

mark

spooky theme, they love all things horror/spooky so the quilt has spooky things on it (ghosts/bats/general halloweenish like blanket?)
icon base by jako-ry on DA and sig art by booplet on TH

N30N - it/he/they
previous username was sylvender

nerd - kalons - UMAs
mods, victorbirdeh and i may sometimes trade
unfairly with each other :0! please don't ban us!

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Discontinued » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:58 pm

Username: Discontinued
Name: Ella
Quilt:

A quilt sewn together by the love of a grandfather; a master seamster with who's work the royal house adores.
Regardless of the hours spent on their fine golden gowns and silver suits, his love prevailed in making a simple gift for his beautiful granddaughter. Each square, though many are duplicated, play into her love of the castle gardens.

Last edited by Discontinued on Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discontinued

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me