Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

[WIP] Trigenes by Meoauniaea

Based on Click to view
Artist Meoauniaea [gallery]
Time spent 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 1

[WIP] Trigenes

Postby Meoauniaea » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:46 am

DO NOT POST YET

I'm working on the info sort of behind the scenes right now, and the genetics are only 1/4th done.

I have ultimately decided this will be CLOSED and enterable only to specific people. If you've already contacted me prior to today about this project, I am considering you allowed in without question (so don't worry!). My biggest concern for this project is TIME, and with an estimated start time of April (due to NaNo and a puppy), I worry that I might be even more stretched for time when it does officially open.

A huge aspect of this for me is the complexity of the genetics: currently there are over 40 confirmed gene pairs and I'm planning to double or triple that, so adding artists would involve extensive training I do not expect to be able to do. I've got at least 60 alleles so far and there's a second person potentially helping develop this.

Thus, being one person, with three or so allowed people currently... I don't plan to have this be public. I simply don't think it'll be feasible and I expect a lot to change in my life in that time frame.

If you are serious about genetics, or familiar with horse/cat genetics, and are interested in looking at my notes, I can link you. Until then, I'm going to finish working them out. I'm a geneticist off the computer but I specifically work with dogs so integrating several different genomes into one compatible megaset is... challenging... to say the least, especially when I don't know most of them well!

Update 9/19/21
Ultimately, this will be closed. I am much farther behind on genetics than I thought and since I'm creating a lot of the data by hand, it's taking much longer than expected. The current allele total is around 1600.

You can call me Hadley, that's fine too.
How to say my username (and the meaning)
Toyhou.se || Flight Rising || Pixpet || Final Outpost || PFQ
Discord: redfailhawk

Lilypad won her AKC CGC title on 10/18/23!
Lilypad won her CGCA title on 11/8/23!

NaNoWriMo Winner:
2018-2019-2020-2021-2022-2023
Meoauniaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me