Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

I am all but lost. by ∘Raven∘

Artist ∘Raven∘ [gallery]
Time spent 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
39 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

I am all but lost.

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:58 pm

I had vent somewhere. I have to get this off my chest because my heart is breaking.

Please don't worry about reading it but I just...had to vent because I'm at a loss.

If you know me personally, I work incredibly hard to help others. That's why I made the artist support discord. That's why I'm constantly shouting out small artists on Instagram. That's why I constantly send gifts and try to answer questions and be kind. I want to be a decent person, especially since there's so many unkind people in the world.
A question arose a few weeks ago about 'guest' appearing in the Oekaki boards. I knew what the situation was because the artist had made it clear in their post, so I answered the users question, moved on, and thought nothing more of it. That was almost 2 weeks ago.

This morning I woke up the most most hateful, spite filled message in my inbox. I was accused of being a horrendous, disgusting person, and I was shocked. I've been suffering from horrible stuff happening in real life so getting this message literally broke my heart. I replied to them explaining the situation, but I was blocked with no resolution and it's so confusing and disheartening.
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I am all but lost.

Postby Alkene » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:01 pm

I'm a mere stranger, but if you ever need anyone to further vent to, my inbox/discord is always open to you c: I can only imagine what you're going through, and I'm sorry you feel this way.

edit: I realized that I really meant to say that I'm sorry this situation happened to you, and that wording came off with a different vibe
|| She/her or They/Them||
discord — Arganine#8571

Only active for Oekaki and Adopts at this point

QPPs
pine & Lonnie
My dearest friends
| Sixbane | MrBoodle | Sebeon | batman | Wesley | Lucikan | Toxic Wolf | Emris | nirvaniem | Bornfromashes
Alkene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:21 pm

Arganineo wrote:
I'm a mere stranger, but if you ever need anyone to further vent to, my inbox/discord is always open to you c: I can only imagine what you're going through, and I'm sorry you feel this way.

edit: I realized that I really meant to say that I'm sorry this situation happened to you, and that wording came off with a different vibe

Thank you so much q_q
I’ve just been a confused, muddled mess because of this and it’s interfering with me being able to do homework and concentrate.
Kindness costs you nothing.
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alkene » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:29 pm

∘Raven∘ wrote:
Arganineo wrote:

Thank you so much q_q
I’ve just been a confused, muddled mess because of this and it’s interfering with me being able to do homework and concentrate.

First and foremost, take a deep breath, and while you might not relax right away, take a step back from the server for an hour or two and do some personal drawing, play some video games, or watch an episode of your favorite show before you head back into homework. Life moves on, the world keeps spinning. I'm not a professional therapist, but that's what kinda gets me kicking myself back into gear and that might help you out.

I'm gonna stop replying to this post so I don't spam it too much, but I'll be up a little late tonight if you wanna just chat about random stuff through pm/discord <3

You'll be alright, trust me.
|| She/her or They/Them||
discord — Arganine#8571

Only active for Oekaki and Adopts at this point

QPPs
pine & Lonnie
My dearest friends
| Sixbane | MrBoodle | Sebeon | batman | Wesley | Lucikan | Toxic Wolf | Emris | nirvaniem | Bornfromashes
Alkene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me