Canam Dog #168 by alpal

Based on Click to view
Artist alpal [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
23 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Canam Dog #168

Postby alpal » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:38 am

The Canam Dog was developed in the last 20 years by flyball enthusiasts in an effort to create the perfect flyball dog. They were named after the largest annual tournament, the CanAm Flyball Classic.
It is highly encouraged that players adopting Canam Dogs participate in the flyball RNG game.

This dog cannot be bred or entered in conformation!

Adopted
Username: Griffin Torrens
Dog's Name: Lemongrass
Dog's Registered Name: Polaroid Picture
Sex: Female
Height: 18 in
Weight: 25 lbs
Phenotype: Masked Shaded Sable Merle with Countershading
Genotype: Ayas kyky Bb Dd Eme gg icic Mm SS tt ll Ww
Last edited by alpal on Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
alpal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Canam Dog #167

Postby jaques » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:09 pm

Username: soft crying
Dog's Name: Wendal
Dog's Registered (Show) Name: Sovereign's Silky Showman
Sex: Male
Story: Wendal's first flyball run was a trip to say the least. He had, before entering, been an amazing sprinter and could catch a ball with seemingly effortless ease. His training was always rather extensive and he enjoyed it, always eager to do as was requested of him as it was both a game he loved and a game his owner and trainer loved. However, on the day of his showing, he got off leash behind the scenes and run amok in the waiting area with the other dogs, getting them to break free and generally turning the backstage into a complete mess and made every owner and handler stumble and hustle to stop the outbreak and calm the dogs. He and his owner nearly got ejected from the competition entirely for the havoc he created, but a after some pleading, his owner managed to smooth over things (and pay for damages) and would compete. His actually end standings wasn't the best in the ring, but he did pretty good. [169 words]
adult - artist - system (d.i.d.) - they/them

ivy \ jinx \ kai \ irene \ jackdaw \ jelly

jaques

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Canam Dog #168

Postby Griffin Torrens » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:47 pm

Username: Griffin Torrens
Dog's Registered (Show) Name: Polaroid Picture
Story: 200 words exactly

She wanted to sink back into the shadows. Why did I agree to do this again? Her eyes met orange and green. Oh, that's right.

Luna had been so excited, eyes wide and sparkling as she spoke of the event. She adores flyball, and Lemongrass adored Luna, so here she was, in a place she'd never imagined herself.

She stood in line, watching as Luna tore down the track, caught the ball and flew back. The pure joy in her face was enough to set Lemongrass' heart racing. Luna smiled.

Confidence flooding her body, Lemongrass focused on the track, letting everything else fade around her. None of that was important.

Before she could even gather her thoughts, her paws came to a stop. She'd done it, the ball held firmly in her mouth. Luna bounded up to her. "What time did I get?"

The dog shook her head. "Who cares? How fun was that!"

It was then Lemongrass realized why Luna loved flyball so much. It didn't have to be a contest where you stress about results. You could play for the thrill of it. Lemongrass was definitely coming back here. And not just to spend time with Luna anymore.
Griffin Torrens

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby L U C I F E R » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:23 am

Username: L U C I F E R
Dog's Name: Nymeria (fondly called Nym)
Dog's Registered (Show) Name: Rook Flight's Warrior Queen
Story:
Nymeria walked politely at her handler’s side, seemingly unfazed by the atmosphere of the competition, looking like a seasoned professional despite it being her first flyball competition. However, Nymeria’s handler could tell that the young dog was unmistakably nervous.
Usually Nymeria would be bouncing around, eagerly trying to play with her beloved rope toy, but today Nymeria was reserved and quiet.
Soon enough their time came and Nym was led out towards their track.
Each dog was taken to the start of the track and shown where the ball would be at the far end of the track, psyching the dogs up. Nym was the third dog and when her time came, the sight of the track brought her lively personality surging back. She began to struggle in the grip of her handler, eager to get on with her part in the high speed venture. Nym’s handler smiled as the previously nervous dog began bouncing and wriggling in her grasp.
From that point on, the day became a blur as race after race went by, Nym becoming continually more confident. They didn’t win, but for a first experience, it was a great start for Nymeria.
[195/200]
L U C I F E R

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alpal » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:48 am

Griffin Torrens wrote:Username: Griffin Torrens
Dog's Registered (Show) Name: Polaroid Picture
Story: 200 words exactly

She wanted to sink back into the shadows. Why did I agree to do this again? Her eyes met orange and green. Oh, that's right.

Luna had been so excited, eyes wide and sparkling as she spoke of the event. She adores flyball, and Lemongrass adored Luna, so here she was, in a place she'd never imagined herself.

She stood in line, watching as Luna tore down the track, caught the ball and flew back. The pure joy in her face was enough to set Lemongrass' heart racing. Luna smiled.

Confidence flooding her body, Lemongrass focused on the track, letting everything else fade around her. None of that was important.

Before she could even gather her thoughts, her paws came to a stop. She'd done it, the ball held firmly in her mouth. Luna bounded up to her. "What time did I get?"

The dog shook her head. "Who cares? How fun was that!"

It was then Lemongrass realized why Luna loved flyball so much. It didn't have to be a contest where you stress about results. You could play for the thrill of it. Lemongrass was definitely coming back here. And not just to spend time with Luna anymore.

Congratulations!
alpal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me