Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Hebridean Warmbloods - A Horse SIM - WIP, posting open by Dizzy socks

Based on Click to view
Artist Dizzy socks [gallery]
Time spent 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Hebridean Warmbloods - A Horse SIM - WIP, posting open

Postby Dizzy socks » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:48 am

Hebridean Warmbloods
    A Horse SIM

History

Native ponies lived on the Scottish Hebrides for hundreds of years, both living feral and acting as work ponies for the crofters of the islands. Over time however, only the Eriskay pony managed to retain its pure bloodline, as mobility on and off the islands improved and other breeds were introduced. For more information on the Eriskay pony, click here. In recent years, it has been discovered that a cross between a Hebridean pony and a modern Thoroughbred would result in an excellent modern warmblood. With the toughness and intelligence of the island ponies, and the agility and speed of the Thoroughbred a compact and competitive sports horse was born. A breeding programme now aims to raise the profile of the endangered Eriskay pony, whilst also breeding these warmbloods suitable for modern competition.

Breed Description
Each horse can trace its lineage back to one of the following islands:
    Arran (Eilean Arainn)
    Coll (Cola)
    Eriskay (Eirisgeigh)
    Gigha (Giogha)
    Iona (I Chaluim Chille)
    Islay (Ile)
    Jura (Diura)
    Shuna (Siuna)
Hebridean Warmbloods usually stand between 14.2hh and 16.1hh. Horses with Eriskay lineage tend to be slightly smaller, and primarily grey, but with excellent Trainability stats. All horse colours are possible. They are compact and powerful horses, with friendly dispositions and dense coats, which have excelled in a range of disciplines.

Statistics
Each horse when adopted will come with stats. These stats are:
    Trainability
    Speed
    Agility
    Power
    Stamina
The majority of horses will be adopted with a total of 50 points, spread across all 5 skills. Stats can be improved and modified by training the horse. In order to train the horse, the owner must post on its page which skill they would like to improve - the artist will not be updating the original stats, as these will be used as the base, so its advised to make a post on the horse's page with their updates stats. Each training will add one point to the chosen category, up to a maximum of 20 in total across all skills. Each horse can only be trained once every 7 hours. Hopefully in the near future speed train items will be added to reduce training time.

Competitions
Horses can compete across 5 disciplines. Each discipline requires one primary skill, and two secondary skills. In order to determine the winner of the competition, the primary skill stat is doubled, and then added to the two secondary stats. A (virtual) dice roll then adds between 1 and 6 to each horse's total score.
Dressage: Trainability, Power, Agility
Showjumping: Power, Agility, Speed
Eventing:Agility, Stamina, Speed
Racing: Speed, Stamina, Agility
Driving: Stamina Power, Trainability
Competitions can be entered from the dedicated [/url=...]Competitions thread.[/url] All competitions give generous prizes, from pets to custom horses to training items.

Breeding
Mares and Stallions can breed with each other. When horses are bred, the foal will receive an average of the parents for each individual skill, plus an overall random factor of +-3 to be added to any skills. Foals will receive the island lineage of their dam. Please complete the breeding form below and post it when breedings are open - do not modify the form. Foals can be trained in the same way as adopted horses, however must wait a week after creation before being first trained. Horses can only be bred a maximum of 3 times, and must wait a week between the creation of the foal and a new breeding form.
Code: Select all
[b]I want a foal![/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Link to mare:[/b]
[b]Link to stallion:[/b]
[b]Proof of permission if sire or dam do not belong to you:[/b]

Breedings are currently closed.

Artists
There is currently an artist search running. To enter, please click here. I am not currently accepting applications outside of the contest.
Last edited by Dizzy socks on Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lights aways on. I work 9 to 5 (BST/GMT) so may take a while to get to PMs - but I will get to them.
Dizzy socks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hebridean Wambloods - A Horse SIM - WIP, posting open

mark
Lights aways on. I work 9 to 5 (BST/GMT) so may take a while to get to PMs - but I will get to them.
Dizzy socks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

posting is open!
Dizzy socks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥ mizu » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:51 am

Mark, this looks like a lot of fun!

(feel free to PM me if I have to remove this!)
♥ mizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Intrigue. » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:50 am

marking!

Last bumped by Dizzy socks on Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:50 am.
.Intrigue.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me