Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Dovesong by mystical-maniac

Based on Click to view
Artist mystical-maniac [gallery]
Time spent 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Dovesong

Postby mystical-maniac » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:15 pm

sorry in advance for the long backstory, i am sure no one cares about this random cat, but i just have so much info in my head about her.

Dovesong is a moonclan warrior. she joined moonclan to be with her mate, stormwatcher. she is calm and very respectful.

dove had a tough life for as long as she could remember. she was born in a clan called thornclan and life started great. she had a big family and a nice clan leader named sunstar. the leader had two kits who were only a few weeks younger than dove, and she had a soft spot for kits. everything was going fine until sunstar was found dead, and one of her kits nowhere to be found. after her death sunstar's mate, twigheart, took over. the cats expected to see him grieve but he went on as if nothing was wrong.

soon dove became a apprentice but was forced to be a med cat app without explanation. only about a week went by before her mentor disappeared mysteriously, and instead of getting a new mentor twigstar forced her to become the new med cat despite having only one week of training. she tried to gather information about all the herbs as quickly as possible, but she did not even have the basic herbs learned before twigstar forced her to take on his son as a apprentice. twigstar's son was a cat named mossypaw who was very patient and respectful to dove. of course things were awkward for both of them, do to them only beings weeks apart when it comes to age.

after a while the two got to be good friends and they ended up helping each other learn. one thing they had in common was not wanting to be med cats. as time passed they saw many cats go missing from the clan and they started to worry. dove would have dreams about her mentor that always included the same words, GET OUT. she wanted to leave but she did not want to leave mossy paw on his own, so she stayed in the clan. as days passed more and more cats went missing until only a few were left. she knew she had to get out, and fast. that night she woke up mossypaw and told him she was leaving. without hesitation mossypaw asked if he could join her, and the two cats decided sneak out of the clan and they wondered along the riverside.

the two cats were free, they were no longer med cats, they were just cats. the two went along the river for a long time, stopping occasionally to eat or sleep. they were almost inseparable, eventually the two decided to become mates. for a while everything was perfect until dove started to feel sick. she knew that mossypaw had something telling him to keep going farther down the river, so when they reached a clan she told him she was feeling sick and that she would catch up to him and he should go ahead. she joined the clan, rainclan, and later found out she was expecting kits.

while she lived in rainclan, mossypaw had gone to live at a clan called moonclan right across the river. a long time went by before they saw each other again. they were shocked to see each other, as they both thought the other would be far down the river by this point. mossypaw had been so close to her all this time and she never knew. mossypaw had his named changed to stormwatcher when he joined moonclan. the two talked for the whole day about how things had been. they met up every day to chat and hang out. after a while dovesong decided to leave rainclan to be with stormwatcher.

"boring artist™"

links
-instagram
-toyhouse
-artfight
-sig art base
Feel free to PM me for any reason!
mystical-maniac

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery