kalon readoption. - open by lovage

Based on Click to view
Artist lovage [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 3 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

kalon readoption. - open

Postby lovage » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:34 am

welcome to this readoption! i am needing to downsize my kalons, so some just have to go. audelia and audrey are up first.
here’s some information about these guys: these guys are ready to be grown and have no connection to their parents. so, they are pretty much a clean slate. and, no need to keep their previous names and/or gender. with that out of the way, let’s move onto the competition.

prompt
magic exists in their world, literally or just in books. what is their opinion about magic? and, if it exist, how do they feel about living with it? or, if it doesn’t exist, do they wish it exists or not?

this can be answered in art and/or writing. there is no limit to how much you do with the prompt, but remember quality vs quantity for this prompt. prettying up is fine, and it wouldn’t impact judging as long as it is readable.

rules
- follow all cs and kalon rules
- anyone can enter this competition
- don’t edit your form or post one after the closing post
- you may go for both kits, or partner up with someone for this competition. but, please note if you go for both kits keep their forms on the different posts
- no extras are allowed

skeleton form
Code: Select all
username:
which kit are you trying out for:
name:

end date
september twenty seventh at cs rollover, extensions may be asked for

pm me if you need any questions to be answered
Last edited by lovage on Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: kalon readoption. - open

Postby Breado » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:46 am

hopeful res :3c
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyStreets » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:00 am

username: ravenwhisper's wish
    which kit are you trying out for: left
    name: Keahi
    prompt:
    "Magic? Hah!" Keahi's harsh laughter filled the room at the mention of it. "I couldn't care less about magic. Magic is cruel, unforgiving and controlling. I hate magic." As the adults tried to catch his eye, he scowled and turned away. "I don't want to talk about magic. Tell me what's wrong with my sister."

The healers glanced amongst themselves, and with a great shuffling and hustling, one was pushed to the front. Keahi glared at them. "Well? You have found out, haven't you?"

"The thing is..." the healer was uncertain, jumpy, glancing back towards the others. "You see, Akamu isn't sick," he said finally, a tremor easily noticeable in his voice. Keahi snorted. His long tail lashed angrily and he leaned forward and snarled,

"So why did she collapse, then?"

"You probably don't want to know," mumbled the healer, whiskers twitching anxiously. Keahi narrowed his eyes, feeling irritated. He stood up, baring his teeth. The healer backed away, obviously terrified. Slowly, Keahi surveyed each of the older Kalons surrounding him.

"Tell. Me. What's. Wrong with her!" he roared, his tail slapping the ground with every word.

"She has magic," blurted the healer. "It's not - she's not -" He broke off weakly. "Please don't be mad at us."

Keohi's eyes sparked, his temper flared and he advanced on the poor healer. "You, my friend, are banished! As the young lord of the Clover Valley County, I hereby banish you from our land, for all time!" Breathing heavily, he stepped back, eyes wide. "Be gone by tomorrow, on pain of death."

The shaking healer nodded silently, turned and fled. Keohi turned on his colleagues. "Well? How is Akamu?"

"She can't control it," The bravest healer said. "She has a lot of... power, Keohi-"

"Don't call me that. You should address me as 'my lord'." The kit sighed, rolled his eyes, and shoved past the healers into the small room beyond. "Akamu?"

In the bed, another kit turned to face Keohi, smiling weakly. "I'm.. fine. Tired, that's all."

"Tired? Is it this so-called magic they've put inside of you?" Keohi began to pace around his sister's bed, tail tip flicking to and fro. "Is it hurting you? Is it very painful?"

The smile disappeared from Akamu's face. "They didn't put it inside of me. It's always been there, waiting. Our parents knew, Keohi, they hid it from us, but they knew-"

"Don't you dare speak about my parents!" Keohi shouted, whirling around to stare at her. "You don't deserve them, Akamu. That thing you have, festering inside you, it's what killed them. You cannot accept that and be their daughter." Tears springing to his eyes, he turned and fled, forcing his way through the huddle of shocked healers.

I hate magic, I hate her, he thought desperately, forcing his way through the fields to the sea. A little way off, a couple of villager's children sat, humming. His eyes widened as he saw a ring of glittering lights floating in the air around them, lighting up that small patch of the night. Those were no lanterns. "Stop!" he barked, advancing on them. The kit's started, one stopped humming, and the lights fell, crumbling on the sand. He stood glowering at them for a moment before turning and stalking away.

One day, I will outlaw all magic...
Last edited by SunnyStreets on Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxxx
xxxxImage
━━━━━━━
« they/them »
« iavatar ©i »
« rain frog © »
━━━━━━━

ember/sunny
SunnyStreets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyStreets » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:01 am

username: ravenwhisper's wish
    which kit are you trying out for: right
    name: Akamu
    prompt:
    res w/ overwhelmed by having too much magic to control
Last edited by SunnyStreets on Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xxxx
xxxxImage
━━━━━━━
« they/them »
« iavatar ©i »
« rain frog © »
━━━━━━━

ember/sunny
SunnyStreets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:05 am

Khada Jhin || Top Kit|| Taliesin || Male

"Oh Ceridwen!" Taliesin cooed as he trotted up to his sister's room, violin in hand. He was excited to show her his newest piece, but upon coming to her door, he stopped. It was closed tight, and he could feel the magic seeping from the cracks where the door didn't quite meet its frame. She was working, as she normally was these days. He sighed and hung his head as he sulked over to the staircase, where he would sit until she was done working.

Taliesin was born with magic like his sister, but his was a volatile and dangerous variety of fire and brimstone. He willingly allowed his magic to be removed, as he didn't want to accidentally hurt anyone, especially his sister. He hoped that one day she would develop a potion to give him a less violent form of magic, but so far Ceridwen was stuck making healing tonics and fulfilling the wishes of less than savory individuals.

After some time, the door opened, and Taliesin ran up to greet Ceridwen.

"Oh Ceridwen, I-"

"Not right now, Taliesin." Ceridwen said as she walked past her brother, carrying a basket full of glowing bottles.

"But I wrote a new song! You love my music, don't you?" He said as he followed her, down the stairs and to the front door.

"I do, but I have work to do. Perhaps tonight, as I fall asleep. You're music has always calmed the nerves of all who listen."

"Oh okay. I'll wait here, then." Taliesin said as his sister walked out into the twilight, the heavy door slamming behind her.

While Taliesin sat, waiting, an idea crept into his head.

Take a sip of one of her potions. She shouldn't notice, right?

WIP
Last edited by Sullivan Maurus on Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pim » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:05 am

res
pim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:08 am

username: Khada Jhin
which kit are you trying out for: Both, this is for the bottom kit.
name: Ceridwen
prompt: Wishes she wasn't a sorceress due to people taking advantage of her kindness and powerful potions. WIP
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fleurs » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:33 am

username: lillibeth,,
which kit are you trying out for: Top Left
name: Idunn
prompt:
Idunn Cyrus, you will be living in Section CB4. The teller cooed. Mascarpone Cyrus, you will be living in Section SB2.

CB4, the world of magic and spells. SB2, the world of scary sights and haunted folk. I was unfortunate enough to be stuck with the first world. My sibling, Mascarpone, was the lucky one. I hated magic, while she on the other hand loved it. Ever since magic stole our parents, I have vowed to never let it enter my lives again.

"Mars, come on." I tugged on her dress. "Switch worlds with me."

Mars batted her eyes, unbeknowingly, and pushed her long golden locks off her face. "I would Dunn, I really would, but we can't."

Alas, she was right. If we dare switched worlds, we would be hunted down by the bounty-worldhunters. But, I knew how I could get out of the magic crazed universe. I just needed to make myself seem like another magic obsessed hillbilly. Fortunately, all I needed to do was spend time with my sister and I'd be all set. I looked at Mascarpone thoughtfully, a plan starting to form in my head.

"All I need is a paper bag, scissors, thread, bandages, and a whole lotta sticks." I froze.

"What?" Mars asked sweetly, her joyous smile fading into concern.

"Oh, heh, nothing." I grinned. "I'm going to my world now, maybe I'll find joy in the simple things there!"

"Oh, I hope you do." Mascarpone glided towards her world's door. "See you later tonight for dusk-dinner."

Dear sister, we will see each other before than. I nodded, dark thoughts drifting through my head. Well, I'll see you.
Last edited by fleurs on Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
fleurs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fleurs » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:34 am

username: lillibeth,,
which kit are you trying out for: Bottom Right