Based on Click to view
Artist ∘Raven∘ [gallery]
Time spent 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Solar Giveaway

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:12 am

Second day, second giveaway!
I've had this fellow for some time, he needed a small redesign just to soften the vibrancy of the old colors, but you can view the original here!

To win him, fill in this form!
Username:
Biography:
Your favorite Fall Recipe Link:
Pumpkin Image:

Ends Sep 6th
For the pumpkin image, I'm looking for interesting/unique pumpkin species, rather than the normal one! But if you find a neat photo of a normal one that's great too!
Kindness costs you nothing.
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Solar Giveaway

Postby Glowingsaltshaker » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:13 am

Res for my entry
]
[center][she/they]
[struggling with mental health, be patient with me please. Im not very active but slowly returning ]
Glowingsaltshaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gardog » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:15 am

Username:
gardog

Biography:
Very few know about the existence of solar wisps because the beings that watch over them are all spirits themselves. However, if you are lucky enough to catch a glimpse of a solar eclipse, you may be able to spot them. One such watcher is from a protected and secret area that you may or may not have heard of before, Dragon Canyon.

Even in life, this dragon, often called Azira or "The Dragon of the Rising Sun", watched over the children who awakened at the rise of the morning sun and, at night, would light their way home with his "Night-light", which would appear as a sphere of light in his mouth.

When he would complete his task of lighting their way, he would return to the canyon, met with gazes of confusion and misunderstanding, and sleep away in his cave until the first light of dawn, where he would start his day watching children all over again.

Other dragons did not trust him, for he didn't watch over dragon children; he watched over human children. They believed that he was one day going to cause their hidden land to be found by humans... their land was never found; however, he was.

There was always at least one village that the children would come from. Most of the children were without families and roamed the streets of the villages, making their homes among the brush and near markets.

Azira met his end when the chieftain of a village noticed his own children's disappearance and sent a search party out to find them. They found Azira, the chieftain's children, and several street children deep in the forest, playing in a creek; some of the children enjoying a ride both on Azira and in Azira's mouth... it was all too easy to misunderstand what was happening, especially with the screams of delight, that also happened to sound like screams of terror.

When Azira did not return to the canyon that night, a couple of Dragon Masters, humans that had gained the trust of the dragons and cared for them and trained them, went out to search for him.

His body was buried on a hill overlooking the canyon and the villages, where the first light of the sun touched the Earth.

When those children that had accompanied him lived their lives and died, they became solar wisps and found Azira just where he had left them, "alive" and ever so willing to once again watch over them.

To this day, the children, in the form of solar wisps, still accompany him, and light the way of other humans, when they are lost.

Note: Dragon Canyon is a location that I've been developing for several years; I didn't make it up for this backstory.

Your favorite Fall Recipe Link:
Not sure if they count as a Fall recipe, but they are delicious:
Healthy Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips (Note: you'll need to scroll down a bit to get to the actual recipe)

Pumpkin Image:
Dill's Atlantic Giant Pumpkin (you can click the picture for more info, though it's mostly planting info ^^)
Last edited by gardog on Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

She/They | Adult | Christian
Aries | March 27

Bisexual | INTJ | Ravenclaw
Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist
Oekaki Art Shop | Offsite Art Shop

Loves Pandas | Legally Blind
Has Social Anxiety | Has Anxiety In General

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:55 am

up
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CherriisaurOWO » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:05 pm

Mark
Cherrii
She/her
CherriisaurOWO

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:50 am

^
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:22 am

up
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breezeyheart » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:08 pm

Username: Breezeyheart
Biography: Name: Thalthrax means "golden shine" in dragon tongue.
Personality: Kind, empathetic, outgoing, playful and honest. Thalthrax loves to have a good time with his friends. He is actually quite boisterous and forward for a dragon, often befriending the outcasted and the bullied. He believes that everyone should be able to feel happy and often does whatever takes to cheer someone up, even if they are a stranger to him. In fact; he's willing to share items from his hoard, if that helps him cheer up a new friend. Thalthrax has a great sense of humor, he enjoys telling jokes and recalling tales of his adventures. He hates lying or acting deceitful in anyway, however he can be intrusted with a secret, as that to him; is completely different from lying.
Protective, loyal, helpful, stubborn and reckless. Thalthrax isn't afraid to get his claws dirty, especially if someone threatens his friends and his mother. He can often be too protective as he can tend to act without thinking it through, and can be seen as reckless or perhaps even foolish; however he is no one's fool. He despises bullies and often won't hesitate to defend another if they are being bullied in any form.

History: On the day that was to be Thalthrax's birth; poachers came to the forest and killed many of the young. As they ravaged through the forest, heading towards his mother who was in the thralls of labor. His father knew that he must do something to stop them.

He gathered some of the other males and they pooled their magic together to transform him into a gaint stag. His antlers wide like a tree. He rampaged toward the hunters. They had friends he had not seen. They surrounded him. From all around him, he was taken down by arrows and swords. The magic did not fail.

The hunters believed they only took down a magical stag and took their bounty home leaving Thalthrax's impending birth undisclosed. The sky darkened as the moon blocked the sun, making it seem as if even the sun mourned his father's death. At the exact moment, Thalthrax was born, solar wisps appearing to light his way. Then his mother named him, golden shine in the tongue of their kind or Thalthrax.

Growing up, Thalthrax was always accompanied by his little glowing wisp friends. He explored the vast forest, swam in the lakes and searched the caves for all sorts of treasure. While he learned to fly, his wisp friends whispered to him in encouragement. Soon he was able to touch the clouds and the wisps soared with him. The wisps are the closest thing that he has to a father. Although the wisps are not techically apart of him, he is rarely seen without them.

Your favorite Fall Recipe Link: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds! My family always roasts pumpkin seeds in the fall and enjoys them all autumn long.
Pumpkin Image:
source for image and information about what kind of pumpkin it is
Jarrahdale: This is an Australian heirloom pumpkin that was developed as a cross between the Cinderella and Blue Hubbard. Shape: Flattened but rounded like Cinderella. Skin: Light blue-grey. Ribbed: Deeply. Flesh: Golden yellow. Edible: Some pumpkin experts believe Jarrahdales are the finest pumpkins for making pumpkin pies. Its flavor is mildly sweet, with a texture that is creamy and dense. Display: Teamed with their red-orange sisters, the Cinderellas, they could potentially be the best-looking porch pumpkin display in town.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
Bri or Breezey for short if preferred.
♋ - Year of The Tiger - She/Her Pronouns.
- Fursona: Starbug the angel snowshoe siamese cat. (He was made in memory of my cat seen to right) I love many different aesthetics; video games, TV series, movies, books & collecting/art!
━━━━━━━━Links━━━━━━━━
Image Image♥My Tsuii~ ♥My Character Thread~ ~My DragonCave♥
Breezeyheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:47 pm

Breezeyheart wrote:
Username: Breezeyheart
Biography: Name: Thalthrax means "golden shine" in dragon tongue.
Personality: Kind, empathetic, outgoing, playful and honest. Thalthrax loves to have a good time with his friends. He is actually quite boisterous and forward for a dragon, often befriending the outcasted and the bullied. He believes that everyone should be able to feel happy and often does whatever takes to cheer someone up, even if they are a stranger to him. In fact; he's willing to share items from his hoard, if that helps him cheer up a new friend. Thalthrax has a great sense of humor, he enjoys telling jokes and recalling tales of his adventures. He hates lying or acting deceitful in anyway, however he can be intrusted with a secret, as that to him; is completely different from lying.
Protective, loyal, helpful, stubborn and reckless. Thalthrax isn't afraid to get his claws dirty, especially if someone threatens his friends and his mother. He can often be too protective as he can tend to act without thinking it through, and can be seen as reckless or perhaps even foolish; however he is no one's fool. He despises bullies and often won't hesitate to defend another if they are being bullied in any form.

History: On the day that was to be Thalthrax's birth; poachers came to the forest and killed many of the young. As they ravaged through the forest, heading towards his mother who was in the thralls of labor. His father knew that he must do something to stop them.

He gathered some of the other males and they pooled their magic together to transform him into a gaint stag. His antlers wide like a tree. He rampaged toward the hunters. They had friends he had not seen. They surrounded him. From all around him, he was taken down by arrows and swords. The magic did not fail.

The hunters believed they only took down a magical stag and took their bounty home leaving Thalthrax's impending birth undisclosed. The sky darkened as the moon blocked the sun, making it seem as if even the sun mourned his father's death. At the exact moment, Thalthrax was born, solar wisps appearing to light his way. Then his mother named him, golden shine in the tongue of their kind or Thalthrax.

Growing up, Thalthrax was always accompanied by his little glowing wisp friends. He explored the vast forest, swam in the lakes and searched the caves for all sorts of treasure. While he learned to fly, his wisp friends whispered to him in encouragement. Soon he was able to touch the clouds and the wisps soared with him. The wisps are the closest thing that he has to a father. Although the wisps are not techically apart of him, he is rarely seen without them.

Your favorite Fall Recipe Link: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds! My family always roasts pumpkin seeds in the fall and enjoys them all autumn long.
Pumpkin Image:
source for image and information about what kind of pumpkin it is
Jarrahdale: This is an Australian heirloom pumpkin that was developed as a cross between the Cinderella and Blue Hubbard. Shape: Flattened but rounded like Cinderella. Skin: Light blue-grey. Ribbed: Deeply. Flesh: Golden yellow. Edible: Some pumpkin experts believe Jarrahdales are the finest pumpkins for making pumpkin pies. Its flavor is mildly sweet, with a texture that is creamy and dense. Display: Teamed with their red-orange sisters, the Cinderellas, they could potentially be the best-looking porch pumpkin display in town.

I apologize for the delay, been really busy, but I really liked this one!!! You really fleshed out the character, and I absolutely love the pumpkin. If you have a TH, please let me know!
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breezeyheart » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:50 am

Thank you! My TH is Breezeyheart.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
Bri or Breezey for short if preferred.
♋ - Year of The Tiger - She/Her Pronouns.
- Fursona: Starbug the angel snowshoe siamese cat. (He was made in memory of my cat seen to right) I love many different aesthetics; video games, TV series, movies, books & collecting/art!
━━━━━━━━Links━━━━━━━━
Image Image♥My Tsuii~ ♥My Character Thread~ ~My DragonCave♥
Breezeyheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me