Artist ∘Raven∘ [gallery]
Time spent 59 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
27 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by gardog

Deep Sea Leviathan

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:41 pm

To win this design, fill in the form! This is about creativity, so have fun! Prettying up the form is 100% okay. If you have questions, please ask them on the main page : D

Username:
Character Name:
Story Behind The Fish Companions:
Extra: (up to 500 words or 3 art pieces, optional)
Image:

For the image portion, link me an image of an interesting deep sea fish/creature, real or not : D
End Date Sep 5th
Kindness costs you nothing.
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Deep Sea Leviathan

Postby Glowingsaltshaker » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:42 pm

Username: Kamithewolf15
Character Name: Kor
Backstory:

On a dark, cold night, on the sandy shores of a beach, lay an egg. It's blue iridecsent shell glistened in the moonlight. Back and forth, it swayed. A loud crack killed the silence. The cracking was so loud, the ocean waves could barely be heard! Small blue little talons broke through the eggshell, then two little eyes, and when the baby serpentine creature emerged, glowing blue tendrils wound themselves around his arms, neck, and body. They didn't seem to bother him. they seemed to be a part of him. Slick goo slimed off of the little creature, and he gleefully rolled around in the sand. The little leviathan slithered into the ocean, which he had just then discovered, and splashed around. He soon gathered the courage to swim deeper into the water. Little fish swarmed around him as he giggled once more, scooping a handful of them up into his talons. the flipped around helplessly in pain. He wailed in gulit, and gently put them back in the water. He wiped the salt out of his eyes, and approached the fish again. They didn't swim away, they bolted away. He cried again, in loneliness and sadness. An albatross spotted a fish in the water, and swooped down, ready for a snack. The little leviathan, after naming himself Kor, dove after the albatross, pinning it down in the water. When the fish realized he had saved them, they swam over to him, trusting him for eternity.
Story Behind The Fish Companions: Kor saved some fish from a hungry albatross, which resolved in friendship.
Extra: Image
Image: Image
Last edited by Glowingsaltshaker on Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
]
[center][she/they]
[struggling with mental health, be patient with me please. Im not very active but slowly returning ]
Glowingsaltshaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gardog » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:12 pm

Username: gardog

Character Name: Zuul

Backstory:
Zuul started out as an egg in a clutch of three, submerged underwater, half-floating near some rocks on a beach. One egg became lizard food, while the other just didn't hatch. Zuul, himself, almost became food for a rascally scavenger. If that scavenger hadn't accidentally dropped his egg into a hole in the rocks while trying to carry him away, his story would've ended that night. However, Zuul was lucky enough to be dropped directly into a cave that contained a waterhole sourced directly from the sea.

That's where Zuul hatched as a tiny youngster and lived the first few years of his life, feeding on cave plankton and shrimp. He stayed there until he was too big to stay. At this point in his life, he was around ten feet in length and quickly growing in size, so it was time for him to make his way out into the sea.

At first, he tried to live closer to the surface, but he soon discovered that his eyes just weren't capable of adjusting to the light. So, he traveled downwards towards the depths.

Along the way, he met a lot of other sea life, mostly whales and squid, and he discovered other species of plankton and shrimp that were much better taste-wise than the cave-dwelling ones that he had come to know.

The further down he got, the more strange the creatures seemed to get... yet, to him, it felt like he had just returned home. So, there he stayed and it is where he has stayed to this day.

Story Behind The Fish Companions:
It wasn't until he was visited by a rather unbecoming squid that he realized that he glowed when he was energized/overly stimulated. A lot of the fish, upon seeing his bioluminescence, became drawn-in by his light and he soon also realized that the squid, and fish, seemed mesmerized by the glow and unintentionally frozen in place. It was as if the glow hypnotized them.

When he stopped glowing, the fish would take a while to come back down from whatever spell they seemed to be under and swim around him. From that moment onward, the fish stayed close to him, sometimes picking barnacles off of him, or 'grooming' him, if you will. They would defend him from other creatures that came too close and the whales would hang around him to fight off squids or leave him some meal scraps to eat.

Zuul was never sure caused them to start acting like this, but, wherever he went, they were always somewhere close behind. The whales were the only ones who left on occasion; probably to grab some air or go to breed or hunt. But, without fail, the whales would always return to him, ready with scraps from the supposed meals they enjoyed on the surface.

Without his fish companions, Zuul was certain he wouldn't be as big as he has gotten, but what made them want to stick by him never made sense to him; what was so special about his glow??

Extra:

Image:
This is a Crabsquid from the game Subnautica
Last edited by gardog on Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

She/They | Adult | Christian
Aries | March 27

Bisexual | INTJ | Ravenclaw
Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist
Oekaki Art Shop | Offsite Art Shop

Loves Pandas | Legally Blind
Has Social Anxiety | Has Anxiety In General

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:01 am

Up
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:55 am

Up
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:50 am

^
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Orphaner » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:43 pm

Username: TheOrphaner
Character Name: (i am very picky on names I need time-)
Backstory: A large beastly creature down in the deep depths of the ocean, a peaceful being that chooses to ignore most that could be a threat. it was far too large to be bothered, it was only there to glide through the darkness and gather the souls in it's wake.
Story Behind The Fish Companions: The souls of the mers they come across gather up under it's protection, taking shape of average sea-life. However, if given a closer look, they take the shape of how they looked in life.
Extra: Personally, this would make a perfect creature to add to mine and my partner's world she's been building for 13 years! It would be such an amazing depth to add to the lore <3
Image: Image
I love sea angels <3
I am retiring, check out my thread if you have c$, adopts/ocs, or art to offer in exchange in trade for pets and items!

Sticker Collection = My dreamies (some)
The Orphaner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:23 am

up
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:12 am

gardog wrote:Username: gardog
SNIPPED

I absolutely loved the backstory you gave this character and the artwork that you drew for him!!! I loved reading it, and I know that you will take good care of this character. If you have a ToyHouse, let me know and I will transfer him to you. Congratulations!!!
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Glowingsaltshaker » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:17 am

Congratz, Gardog! <33

You may also use the piece of art I made for him, if you credit my toy house Kamithewolf15! <3
]
[center][she/they]
[struggling with mental health, be patient with me please. Im not very active but slowly returning ]
Glowingsaltshaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me