Variegated #135 Event Adopt by liightning

Based on Click to view
Artist liightning [gallery]
Time spent 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Variegated #135 Event Adopt

Postby liightning » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:33 am

To adopt you must be at least level 1 or not have a founder in progress or a founder at all. You must have an open space to be able to adopt.

How does this cat react when they discover a bird nest?
    You have 200 words (loose limit) and 1 art piece max!

This is open to interpretation; perhaps the nest is empty, or it's full of eggs/fledglings.
    This does not have to be canon (but it can be); think of it as a hypothetical scenario.

All finished entries get 1 tail-length climbed for the event!

End Date: August 23, 11:59 pm EST

Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Cat Name:[/b]
    [b]Clan:[/b]
    [b]Rank:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b]
    [b]Prompt:[/b] (200 words + 1 art max)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Username:
    Cat Name:
    Clan:
    Description: lilac point with minimal white and baby blue eyes
    Siblings: n/a
    Parents: n/a
liightning

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Variegated #135 Event Adopt

Postby denja » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:36 am

res!
denja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .sins. » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:45 am

res
-
-
-
.sins. | they/them | sagittarius
enfp-t | true nuetral | slytherin

-----

just a vet student trying to enjoy the
minimal amount of free time they have

-----

trade | sig art credit | pfp art credit
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby astraf » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:20 am

Username: astrafrack
Cat Name: sun of the evening
Clan: [url]lotoawcac[/url]
Prompt:

"Are there eggs in it?"
This is Sun's immediate reaction. For if there are eggs, she'll make sure that no cats hunt birds in the region until after the eggs have hatched. Once they hatch, they're free game. But Sun wants to make sure that there will be new offspring so the prey will never run short. Plus, isn't it cruel to kill a mother?
Last edited by astraf on Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
astra
SOUKOKU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
astraf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby echo into void » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:59 pm

Username: echo into void
Cat Name: bella
Clan: echoclan
Prompt:
bella is one of those cats that has a massive motherly instinct. if she finds a bird nest full of little fledglings, she will immediately jump into momma mode and make sure they are all doing okay. she might go look for the mother or stay with the fledglings until the mother returns.

no matter how long it takes for the mother of the fledglings to return, bella will wait. she will sleep next to the nest if she has to. although, she doesnt have any kits of her own, her motherly instinct always shines through.

word count: 96

art
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
echo (they/them)
snowclan wermz
the sanctuary
currently: happy holidays!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
echo into void

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snailshoes » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:32 am

res!
call me snail!
he/him or he/they
snailshoes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Syn_cat » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:57 am

Username: Aktori
Cat Name: Mistydawn
Clan:  Oakclan
Prompt:
It was a stormy day when she had discovered her first nest of eggs. Unfortunately, the nest was blown out of the nest by strong gutsy winds. The parents seemed to be long gone, given up hope on their eggs. The eggs were cracked, yellow yolk seeped out of the shells. A thought occurred to Mistydawn, "What if I were to eat the eggs? It would be a shame for them to go to waste."

There were three eggs, one by one she ate them. Crunch! They were hard but the yolk was nice to eat. She quickly devoured the rest, savouring their diffrent texture from the usual fresh kill.

Ever since she found and ate her first eggs, she would sneak an egg out of a nest and eat it, only one though and if the parents aren't nearby, to keep balance in nature. It's her favourite delicasy, she keeps it a secret from her clan, mainly so she doesn't have to share with her clannmates.
Syn_cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kazin » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:55 am

Username: Kazin
    Cat Name: Basilfrost
    Clan: TwilightClan
    Prompt:

Watching. Waiting. Perhaps the mother will be back soon. Basilfrost could always go with a decent meal...

Normally, he would ignore the small, featherless birds that were screaming in their nest. He found them appalling, weird... They didn't even have enough meat on their bones to be a meal. He'd rather use his energy trying to actually catch something, rather than waste his time on this tree branch observing brainless birds...

But something in him said he should stay, that he should watch them, that he should... protect them?

They were vulnerable. They had no idea what was going on. He tried to convince himself that he would only watch them because the mother would come back, but even then... could he really leave these creatures defenseless and without a mother? He didn't like the thought of having that on his conscience. So he would wait, he would protect them...

Basilfrost's mind drifted to his past. If only he had someone who protected him, he would still have a family... he would still have his friends... The tom squeezed his eyes shut. No. He wouldn't harm these birds. He wouldn't harm their mother. And even as he lied to his clanmates, telling them he was only climbing this tree to get a better view of the forest, Basilfrost couldn't lie to himself - he would climb this tree often to make sure the birds were safe. He would protect them. He had to. It was like he was protecting a small piece of himself.
Last edited by Kazin on Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfstormSC » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:37 am

Username: WolfstormSC
Cat Name: Willowhusk
Clan: Rippleclan
Prompt:
Willowhusk gave a hefty sigh.

She couldn't wait to be done with this patrol and relax in her soft nest. She couldn't deal with elkwind hounding her for one more second. As soon as she got to camp, she dashed to get away from him and headed straight to her blissful happy place.

She didn't expect it, but she noticed something different about her nest. Was there... Twigs on-top of it? This was new to her.

"Kits..." She sighed once again, thinking that it was the younger cat's idea to prank her when she got back.

That's when she heard a low chirp. Upon further inspection, she realised that a small bird had made a nest on-top of her own nest while she was out hunting. Eggs were visible and the mother bird seemed to be in an exhausted state.

"Perhaps... I can make an exception." Willowhusk smiled down at the nest, before going outside to bask in the sun. She would let the bird get the rest that it needed for now, even if it meant having to deal with elkwind. She dreaded the thought, but knew she had to help the new mother to be in such times. (200 words)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'm WolfstormSC, but you can call me Wolf!
He/him or They/Them
World Builder/Writer - Artist - Gamer
Avatar of Thatcher by Crisadence - #160992 on Lioden
Art of Atticus and Vincent by LonewolfKumniver on TH
Beaumont Collies - Return - Stars - VOK - HW
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /nyx. » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:07 am

Username: bmkmb
Cat Name: Mistyfern
Clan: CascadeClan
Prompt:

"He's overprotective, I tell you," a lilac point muttered to herself as she padded through the rainforest. "So what I'm having kits. It'll be moons before... you can't even tell!"

Mistyfern kicked a rock in frustration. "Can't leave camp because it's dangerous. What a joke." Being pregnant did not make her incompetent, that's what she believed.

Suddenly, a rustling caw came from the branches above her and Mistyfern gasped. Looking up, she saw a large nest. The frantic chirping of chicks filled the air and a sharp clack silenced them.

Staring straight at her was a wary harpy eagle. Doing as she was taught in the presence of the dangerous raptor, the molly stood perfectly still.

"You're a mother, too," she meowed to the eagle. It turned away from her to continue tending to its young.

"You could catch me to feed your chicks, but you don't. Do you know that I'm expecting..?"

Silence. Excluding the sounds of talons against a nest, of the rustling of feathers, the clicking of beaks and cry of hungry chicks.

The eagle might have ignored her, but Mistyfern smiled softly. Her mate was wrong. Nothing in this jungle would harm her today, not until their kits were born.

It was rude to kill a mother. Even the most dangerous of predators knew that.
/nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me