Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Two characters interacting by TheSongOfTheStars

Artist TheSongOfTheStars [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Two characters interacting

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:15 pm

Ramble ahead alert
I just started thinking and didn't stop
sorry

So I feel like even though Shyshie has a special connection to each of the Storm birds, after she frees them from the Ocean Princess's control she becomes actual friends with Scirocco. He's always been the one who was most interested in mortal life, in learning about even the more mundane things.

He was always fascinated by songs, stories, poetry, and the way changing the infections in a voice can change the entire meaning of a sentence, how the same words can mean love or hate simply by the tone. Being the keeper of wind he's always restless, and being trapped in a stone for years at a time only exacerbated his wanderlust. He relates to Shyshie different than his siblings do. She feels pulled between land and sea, selkie and mortal, and he constantly feels torn between his duties and the desire to travel, to abandon all semblance of responsibility, and just go.

He was interested in Shyshie from the beginning since she was different than all the Stormkeepers before her, being of mixed blood, far younger than any other, and a defiant attitude towards the Princess.

Since Shyshie was so young and reckless, Scirocco decided to self appoint himself as her confidant and counselor, trying to guide Shyshie in her newfound power and they quickly bonded more than the other two Storm Birds.

Tal and Astrapi both care about Shyshie's wellbeing, as its their duty, and they do like her, but but the friendship isn't as strong between them.

Partly because after being released from the Ocean Princess Tal and Astrapi were both able to choose for themselves how and where to spend their time and energy.

Tal hasn't really befriended any mortals, of all the siblings retaining the more aloof and distant. He prefers to spend his time alone, and is happiest that way.

Astrapi seems to delight in strong, stoic, and steadfast mortals, the apparent opposites of her personality. She has befriended the likes of Bella, Fern Rose, and Jasmine.

People who would be described as stiff or even humorless. Astrapi feels like they balance her out
and while they are often capable characters they are often overlooked, unfairly in Astrapi's opinion, so she enjoys the shocked attention it brings when she chooses to be at their sides.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Two characters interacting

Postby Derpy Memester » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:38 pm

Why u make people cry with this wholesome art >:0

ᕼEY TᕼEᖇE, I'ᗰ ᗪEᖇᑭY.

𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚘𝚌𝚌𝚞𝚙𝚒𝚎𝚜
𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚜, 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚌,
𝙽𝚅𝙿𝙳, 𝚜𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚜, 𝚌𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚌 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚃𝙵𝙿
𝙺𝚗𝚘𝚌𝚔 𝙾𝚞𝚝. 𝙸 𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚖𝚢 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎-
𝚜𝚘 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚎,
𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚗 𝙾𝙲, 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜/𝚋𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚜/
𝚎𝚝𝚌, 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚊 𝙿𝙼!

I ᕼOᑭE YOᑌ ᕼᗩᐯE ᗩ GOOᗪ ᗪᗩY.

🚗 𝙿𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 🚗 𝙱𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚘𝚒🚗 𝙵𝚛𝚎𝚎

ImageImage
Derpy Memester

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Two characters interacting

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:36 pm

Derpy Memester wrote:Why u make people cry with this wholesome art >:0

kjsfkjf its not on purpose its literally
just Shyshie and burd

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me