Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Canon Warrior Designs #4: Redtail by Swirlshine

Artist Swirlshine [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Canon Warrior Designs #4: Redtail

Postby Swirlshine » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:47 pm

Didn't post for a while because I went on a one-week trip, but I'm back now, so here's #4: the good ol' boyo himself, Redtail!

This guy was SO hard to perfect - out of all the cats I've done so far, I had to play around with his design the most, since I didn't really have a super clear image of him in my head in the first place. But I think I like this result! ^^
I know he's described as just a simple tortoiseshell, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't seem to get the design to suit him without using at least a bit of white. So I just went with it - in my version, he's tortoiseshell-and-white!
Also, pretty crazy that he's a male tortoiseshell, considering those are super rare, huh? I still believe it, though - after all, he's the only tom described as one in the whole entire series, as far as I remember, and that's a LOT of cats.

Anywho, as far as the next cat on the list, I think I may play around with either Morningflower (who I've recently taken a liking to) or Foxheart (who I've always hated with my entire being, but hey, designing her still sounds fun). We'll see! ^^

Redtail is a character of Warriors, belonging to Erin Hunter. Please don't use this original design of mine unless you get permission or give full credit! <3

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Canon Warrior Designs #4: Redtail

Postby Swirlshine » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:49 pm

Bump! ^^

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me