Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

I asked you nicely. But you rudely ignored. by ThousandSounds

Based on Click to view
Artist ThousandSounds [gallery]
Time spent 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

I asked you nicely. But you rudely ignored.

Postby ThousandSounds » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:11 am

(Please make sure You've read the bottom paragraph before you jump to conclusion)

It's just gotten to such a point where I feel like I have to make a public complaint about this really... and I'm probably gonna get warned or pmed by a staff member telling me how "up tight" I am, how "Rood" I am, How I "don't own the right to dictate where my art goes or what I do with it even tho I own it", How I "Don't get to demand or ask or state it to be in a specific board where I posted it, because oh IT BELONGS THERE???" or simply just to "buzz off and start using a different place or program for drawing if I'm so displeased with the service here"
But I'm not scared of them, I'm not scared of their ranks or their privileges, because they're still just people who are jsut tyring to get through life and work daily jobs like the rest of us, or some may have some education/study going on like another part of us. So if a staff member wants to have a civil conversation with me about something or anything or unrelated to this or related to this, I'll gladly speak to them as long as they're not giving me attitude or try to initiate some drama or a fight or somethign'a'rather in the pms. Because I'm not interested in aggression, but rather equal respect and compassion - a chill and relaxed conversation where neither party has to feel up tight or misunderstand anyone.

*deep breath* mkay.. So here we go I guess

I was really tolerant with my stuff being moved to the wrong boards because sketches will no longer exist, but the way Somebody's itchy hands RUDELY ignored my request to not touch the bust I drew and decided to move it regardless is just my last straw, so I'd like to talk about the new boarding system.

___(wheres a subdivide text option, I want a subdivide text option >:c)____

While it might be an idea to get used to and some boards such as: Ref sheets,Single adopts and closed species adopts, as well as landscapes and scenery are very useful and a great idea to bring in, other boards - or sorry, more so Objects/Abstract which also includes the category titled "OTHER" are apperantly not welcoming. And it's Just gotten to the point where I feel like I'm just not allowed to use the oekaki even when at this point I'm just forced to Label all my new-to-post/to-draw stuff with where it belongs, a loud red warning not to touch it, and like a broken stupid record repeat the same reason why it's in that specific category.

I feel like as a player I have the right to say this outloud.
Whenever I post something I drew in a specific board, Then it's CLEARLY meant to stay there. if I draw a doodle of a character in "Other" then it freaking stays in other. UNLESS I have submitted a ticket kindly and willingy asking for something of mine to be specifically moved to a different board "after" I have posted, or after a while since the post was made - then AND ONLY THEN am I giving you the rightful permission to move an oekaki piece of mine. However if I ASK to not touch or move something in it's description I expect my request to be respected as I am indeed entitled to it as a creator and rightful owner of said drawing piece.
Now someone may go like "Uhh but u liek.. drw aa hooman or hoomanoid~" or maybe "But ur drawing was, liek, totally linned and stufff" Yes, and yes I did draw my character a human form, yes I lined him so I could lay out the colors easier, but I NEVER stated that this piece was finished in any way. I had the very sketch laying visably, therefore this piece counts as a doodle or a SKETCH-piece.

And I never stated I wanted it to be moved merely for what I described it containing. I was planning to use it for practice and add more things of all sorts - species doodles, objects, practice art( ex. eyes, arms, mouths, etc). But, I'm sorry, random person arguing against my statement, Did I get even the chance to come back the next day and continue? No! Absolutely not! I wasn't given the chance or time because by the time I woke up I find out SOMEONE had moved it to a board it doesn't belong in!
And really - don't get me wrong, seriously, all due respect to the mods who work Oekaki boards, I understand their job to make sure everything is working and nothing's out of place, but come on man - I really don't hate you, you guys are really great, but I'm just really disappointed is all.

If the "OTHER" in the board title doesn't specify WHAT EXACTLY counts as Other (ex sketches, practice refs, simple doodles, etc), I will freely post works that: are sketches | have sketches of any kind showing | plan to add more to little by little | Incomplete art pieces etc
the board only specified this, and I would line to boldy underline something:
Objects/Abstract/Other wrote:Drawings featuring objects as the main subject, or abstract concepts/creations which don't fit into any other category.

as well as to bring up a little meaning of what generally we reffer to as "other" rather than "Miscellaneous"

WE ALL have different interpretations what counts as "other" for that specific board, so if having skeches posted there from someone counts as "other" to them, I think it's only fair we respect their point of view until they state otherwise. Because it's just disrespectful to entitle yourself to someone else's things when they clearly and kindly ask you not to.

And While I don't have anything against the new boards, I'll give the oekaki just one more shot, and if this situation repeats again I'll just got to he point of never posting one the oekaki ever again and rather post all my stuff offline somewhere - because I know where my things belong and I wouldn't be posting them in a board I wasn't planning to make multi use of.

I would also like to bring to the attention the fact that the situation the involved my art contradicts 2 of Tess' statements.
one of being: Sketches are welcome on the Oekaki, and should be sorted into whichever board best describes the content. There's no pressure for you to fully finish and polish every drawing that you want to share.
"
and the other being prior the changes she stated something along the lines of it feeling really terrible when someone has to say where you belong because of your skill level in the oekaki.

And for those who read this, I'd just like for you to keep in mind that - This is not meant to be a jab to anyone at all in any way. And I'm not showing any signs of or any aggression at all, I'm merely using strongly put together sentences to make sure it's understandable and clear. I know how easy it is to misunderstand something especially when it's heard through text rather than a person's voice or tone.
Kudos to anyone who read this stupid complaint and are really chill about it.
I know there's already enough going on in the world as it is, and I just wish the best to everyone and my empathy to anyone who lost someone during this hardship, I could only try to imagine what you guys had to go through, but I really hope you hang in there and make it through with the rest of us. One day we'll all be okay <3
ThousandSounds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me