Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Storm beyond the stars by Raptocidic

Artist Raptocidic [gallery]
Time spent 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Storm beyond the stars

Postby Raptocidic » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:15 am

I wasn't entirely sure where to put this piece, but it think here may be the best place.

This piece is partly an excuse to dump some lore from my scifi worldbuilding for the planet Etaska. >:D

An old Etaskian legend describes a realm beyond the stars. Its clear that the modern versions came from one original tale, although the stories vary greatly and nobody seems to be able to agree on anything. There are only two facts that everyone completely agrees on, those being that the realm experiences frequent storms and that this realm does in fact exist.

Almost all versions say there no life there except for one strange creature. (There is some dispute on if this means there is only one individual or if there is multiple of this one animal.) What the creature looks like is widely argued about, but all depictions have at least one pair of large wings which it used to fly. In many depictions it perches upon a nest on a long spillar, spike (or something similar) when it isn't flying. Some depictions show the pillar with a nest balance on top of it.

What this strange location may be is not truly known. Some cults believe this realm is actually the afterlife, although with the scientific evidence for the existence of Galactíca most modern Etaskians agree this isn't the case. Some Etaskians famously dedicated their lives to being the first ones to venture into this realm, but nobody was successful.

Some conspiracy theorists believe a study was published to the public a few thousand years ago that described how to travel to this unnamed realm. They say this resulted in a significant number of Etaskians taking a trip to the beyond, but there is no known proof for this or the papers even existing. Dedicated conspiracy theorists often use it as part of their theories.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me