kalon readoption - winner pg. 3 by lovage

Based on Click to view
Artist lovage [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 1 second
Drawing sessions 1
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

kalon readoption - winner pg. 3

Postby lovage » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:21 pm

hello there, and welcome to this readoption!
i’ve had this kit for a while and haven’t been able to have any idea stick to them. so, it’s about time for this guy to go to a much better home.

for the competition, it’ll be simple. i just want you to write and/or draw this kit’s favorite memory. this can be anything from a fun time at a lake to something more complex. the limit is 1000 words and two art pieces, no animations or comics though. and, this is open to everyone.

rules;
follow all cs and kalon rules.
for writing, 1000 words is limit, and if you go over, it is fine as long as it is under ten word over (1010). for art, only two pieces are allowed, and no comics or animations.
prettying up is allowed as long as it is readable.

end date;
june 30th at 8 pm est, aka rollover
(extensions may be asked for as long as it is a day or more before the 30th).

Last edited by lovage on Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:32 am, edited 7 times in total.
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: kalon readoption

Postby Breado » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:37 pm

Username
Name

oh man, i hope I'll be inspired enough to finish my form, they're so pretty!!
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deerbroken » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:58 pm

mark!
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madel » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:00 pm

Oooo mark!

╔══════════════════════╗
Mads | He/It | Adult
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Wildlife scientist working in
animal rehabilitation and
rescue. I'm often busy with
work but feel free to DM or
trade me regardless!
Always looking for
macaws, dragons, and wl pets.
Image Image
╚═════════════════════╝
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lemm » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:30 pm

username. lemontqrt
    name. Cade
    gender. male
    prompt. "Dad, are we almost done?"
    Cade shivered as white flecks of snow fell upon the shoulders of his new winter jacket, tags forgotten in the midst of holiday joy still hanging off the neck. The quiet December darkness had turned to a purple sunrise overlooking the grey storm clouds, and he began to envision the warm steam of a sauna while watching his hot breath in the morning light. The pair had been solemnly sitting on the ice for the past 2 hours, silently drilling holes and dropping a thin line baited with worms into the dark waters. With not a single bite in the freezing temperatures, the chilled kit was ready to call it quits. "Ya know, Cade, this is gonna mean a lot to you one day. You'll wish you were back out here, freezing your butt off-" The larger kalon put the pole to rest on his lap and reached to tickle the now-shaking cold kalon, instead pulling his scarf over his face and zipping the coat higher. "A-are you sure th-there are fish under here?" The boy asked, teeth chattering. His father chuckled, and dropped the hook back into the water. "Patience is key. That's our first life lesson of the trip, eh?" Cade half smiled through the scarf, drawing figures in the frosty covering of the ice with his snow boots. The silence returned as the two traded glances, each waiting for the pulling of the line or air bubbles arising from the black pond under the ice. Wishing he was playing with his newest gadget, a gaming system given as a Christmas present from his grandparents, he began to daydream staring at the white, now opaque frozen water they sat upon. The hot rays of a sauna again flooded his vision, zoning himself out of the cold climate and now into a tropical destination he'd been promised as a compromise for the annual ice fishing trip of New Year's Day. The commotion of splashing awoke him from his trance, a cold droplet landing atop his fur and a green fin popping out of the small hole created by the rusted drill. His father struggled to pull the large fish out, finally flopping in and disrupting the drawings Cade had made in the lifeless frost. Shooting up with excitement, Cade's mouth dropped in surprise of the large catch. Meeting eyes with his dad and smiling so wide even through the scarf, He'd began to understand how the time spent in waiting was worth the catch. Some things in life are worth the wait. [428]
Last edited by lemm on Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lemm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatDragonAdara » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:08 pm

Username ThatDragonAdara
Name
Just marking quickly :)

♢ She/Her, They/Them ♢
✦ ENTP ✦
My KalonsKithclan
Warren of Place Fell
ThatDragonAdara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:37 am

mark n v n
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby christine, » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:31 am

x
sevrin
───────────────
name: severin aolese
user: christine,

───────────────

xxxxxxx“The bugbear takes a swing at you, claws reaching… does a 15 hit?”
    xxxxxxx“...yes.”
    xxxxxxx“It hits, taking… 23 points of bludgeoning damage!”
    xxxxxxx“No! Dad, I’m down again!” The kal cried, chucking a handful of jewel-colored dice across the table where they clattered to a halt. His usually-tidy hair was unkempt from the stress of a heated battle, eyes wide and mirroring the color of the dice that had just been thrown-- an achy, heated red, exhausted and heavy-lidded. With a sigh he collapsed onto the table-- a feeble attempt to hide the shaking of his shoulders.
    xxxxxxx“Sevrin, it’s just a game, okay?” A larger, similarly-colored kalon rounded the table from where he had been sitting, wrapping his son gently in his arms. Still Sevrin refused to look at him. “Dungeons and Dragons is a hard game, especially as a solo explorer. Look how far you made it!”
    xxxxxxxSevrin struggled out of his father’s grasp, looking at him with shocked disdain. “This is the second time that I’ve died in the first encounter! You’re the dungeon master, you shouldn’t have let this happen. I don’t want to play anymore. This isn’t fun. I just did it because you asked me to.”
    xxxxxxxA heavy silence fell in the air with the sudden revelation. Sevrin immediately looked guilty, but his father wasn’t as easily swayed. There was a bit of truth to the subject, after all. Yes, maybe Sevrin’s father had been a bit overeager-- but wasn’t every father when it came to spending time with your only child? Sevrin had immediately been on board with the concept at first, but it did make sense that things would be a bit more difficult when encountered in the heat of the game.
    xxxxxxxHis father shook his head, rubbing his eyes. “Look, Sevrin, you don’t have to play.”
    xxxxxxx“I’m so sick of dying. When do I get to fight dragons? Or meet more people. All I’ve done is fight this bugbear.” Tracing circles on his chair, Sevrin shook his head. “I don’t get the point of this. I loved making my character, but playing it… it’s a lot more difficult.”
    xxxxxxxSevrin’s dad cocked his head, the words replaying in his mind. There was a deep sense of honesty in them, but also sadness- how could this be turned around and made a bit easier for the both of them?
    xxxxxxx“You know, bud, my dad introduced me to this game as well. I mean, it was 3.5 so it was a lot different, but it was the same game. The two of us would play together every Thursday night. And-- can I tell you a secret?”
    xxxxxxxStill hiding his face, Sevrin managed a nod.
    xxxxxxx“I hated every single second of it. None of it was fun! My dad liked it, though, so I did it without complaining. Until we started a new journey and I just… kept dying. Just like you. I was so mad! I thought that since my dad was the one making the campaign, he should keep me from dying, right? Makes sense.
    xxxxxxx“But I died four times. And then I let loose on my father-- we both cried, really. I admitted I didn’t like being on this side of the table. Just like you. So we decided on something-- we would switch places. I could make a journey as difficult as I wanted for him, and he would have to play it. I did it out of spite and gave him a terribly hard quest that he died several times on. But besides that, I found that having the creative freedom was a lot better than being told a story. How would you feel about creating your own story and I play it?”
    xxxxxxxSevrin thought for a moment. “You know, it seems very lucky that you and your dad had a story that exactly mimics our situation.” He grumbled in disbelief, scratching his head. “But I guess it might be fun. If anything, I get to make you fight the same bugbear until you give up!”
    xxxxxxxImmediately his father was shooed out of the room, leaving his son to his own devices.
    In all honesty, Sevrin shocked himself with how much this fit. He shaped a world like a glove, creating friends and foes and all sorts of pathways that led to disaster, love, and war. It was the world of a young child, one with pirates and princesses, but one that still managed to contain the same sense of wonder that he had as a player. Being a dungeon master, he knew, was a much, much better fit than being on the other side of the table. It took a few weeks, but soon he was ready-- ready to show his dad the world that he had created.
    xxxxxxx“And your first encounter… a level 32 fire dragon! Roll for initiative!” He would cry in glee, laughing mischievously as his father was taken down several times in a row by the same foe. After the fifth try, however, Sevrin lowered the level and allowed him to pass. And thus his favorite memories were born-- spending every Sunday night in the living room with dad, trying to find new ways to trick him and test him.
    xxxxxxxOn one nightly session, Sevrin paused in the middle of an encounter. “Dad, didn’t 3.5 come out after I was born?”
    xxxxxxxHis dad, deep in his session notes, didn’t think too hard about the question. “Yeah, you were three I believe. Why?”
    xxxxxxx“You made that story up about you and Grandpa! Just to get me behind the table!”
    xxxxxxxCaught red-handed, his dad stifled a smile and shrugged. “It worked, didn’t it? I love you, my boy. You’re doing great.”
    xxxxxxxThe two collapsed laughing, but the next dragon was level 35, much to his dad’s chagrin.
    [969/1000]
Last edited by christine, on Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
christine,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:02 am

oh?? possible mark?
Hi there!
You can call me Knick! I'm a runner and casual artist
who loves thinking about stories and never writing them.
I’m around for various arpgs and species stuff ^^

art fight!
threads for arpgs/species I'm currently active in:
kalons--salted stone--knollclan--sound asheep--haven
other cs characters™

she/her -- student -- est
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby metanoia. » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:28 pm

Username metanoia.
        Name maddison mad or maddie
        Gender male (prefers she/her terms)
        Favorite Memory

"Girls, lets welcome Maddison to our troop!" A robust lady in a tan vest and green turtleneck said cheerfully. She clapped her hands,
        nodding to the girls who were sitting around her to participate. Maddison wiggled nervously, her claws tapping against the coffee table
        that was placed beside her loudly. A girl in a pink Barbie sweatshirt eyed Maddison and raised her hand. "Troop Leader Marie?" The girl
        asked sweetly. "Why yes, Carly?" Marie, the Troop Leader, asked. Maddison gulped as Carly gave her a dead-pan stare. Even though the
        small kalon hadn't spoken yet, Maddison knew what she was going to say. "That's a boy." Carly pointed her finger at Maddison and proce
        eded to pinch her nose. "Boys smell! I don't want a boy here." The other girls giggled as Carly waved her hand in front of her face. "He
        probably has diseases."
        Another girl snickered. Marie looked at the girls in distaste and shook her head. Maddison froze as the large lady
        placed her hands on her shoulders and patted her. "Girls, do not behave this way. Maddison may be of the male species, but she..." M
        addison held back a laugh as the lady shot a glance towards the girl who had spoken after Carly. "Is one of us now. So I expect ya'll to tr
        eat her like you would treat another one of your troopmates."
        Maddison held her breathe as he girls solemnly nodded, all of them, exc
        ept for Carly, giving Maddison an apologetic look. "Maddison, would you like to stay in our troop?" Marie asked. Maddison nodded her h
        ead. "Yes ma'am. I do."xxxxxxx272

"Alright girls, today we will be catching fish." Marie clamped her hands together."So, I want each of you to partner up with someone
        and go down to Mr. Braverman at the dock. He'll get you all set up for fishing!"
        Maddison rubbed her foot in the dirt as the girls start
        ed pairing up, leaving her by herself. She was going to walk over to Marie and tell her, when one of the girls, Kloe, went over to Maddis
        on smiling.
Last edited by metanoia. on Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
metanoia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me