Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Sucker for Sunsets (Happy Bday Albert!) by Swirlshine

Artist Swirlshine [gallery]
Time spent 7 hours, 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Sucker for Sunsets (Happy Bday Albert!)

Postby Swirlshine » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:36 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF MY FAVORITE YOUTUBERS, THE AMAZING ALBERT ARETZ, AKA FLAMINGO!! <333

As of the 8th, it had been exactly a year since I watched my first video of Albert's, and it was his first-ever face reveal, in fact! After a bit longer, I finally subscribed and started fully following his channel, and ngl, that was one of the best decisions I've ever made! This dude makes me so happy - I always look forward to watching his daily videos, and during the school year especially, they were a huge stress relief and made me always have something to look forward to at the end of the day.
But I also just adore who he is as a person - his sense of humor, his stories, his creativity, his ability to always have fun, his generosity and appreciation for his fans, it all makes me smile. Not to mention he and his girlfriend are absolutely adorable together ;-;
Even though he may feel awkward or unfit to express himself or touch on certain topics, you can tell that what he's saying really does come from his heart. He's much more complex than he may first appear, and I love that! He deserves all the love he gets and more.
Anyways, this is just a quick birthday message to highlight all the ways this amazing dude has impacted me. Happy 23rd bday Albert - I hope it's a wonderful one! <3

As for info on the art... this may be my most detailed piece I've done so far?! It's one of them anyway! And MAN, do I love this result. I love it SO MUCH. ;-; I wanted to make sure this was some of my best work, so BOOM, WE'VE GOT FULL SHADING AND HIGHLIGHTS, FULL CLOTHES DETAIL (the clothes are are reall stuff he owns, btw!), FULL SUNSET DETAIL, all of the good stuff!! Albert himself has said that he loves a good sunset, so what better thing to do than draw him enjoying one? ^^
I did use a base for the pose, but that's okay! Can't get good at darwing people without practice, right? However, I draw Albert a lot on paper, since he's so fun to practice making unique facial features with, so that helped for sure!

Anywho... I think that's all! I don't have any info on the timer... this was worked on over the span of quite a few days, so I don't remember, sorry ;-; Have a wonderful June 11th, everyone, and happy bday to Albert once again! <3

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sucker for Sunsets (Happy Bday Albert!)

Postby Eddie Ravenwood » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:30 pm

This is great!! The background looks incredible, and the shading is really nice too! <3
heya, name's Eddie. all pronouns, certified prettyboy. maybe just a bit too into Batman villains, but like, in an aro-ace way. here to chill since 2019. my m.o. is pretty much to pop in every couple months and post on some forum games, so if you see me around? hi 👋

💚my art💚💚cool playlist💚💚youtube💚💚artfight💚

Eddie Ravenwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swirlshine » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:59 pm

FrostedFirefly wrote:This is great!! The background looks incredible, and the shading is really nice too! <3

Aw, thank you so much - it’s super appreciated!! 🥰 I tried a lot of new things with this piece so I’m glad it worked out, haha!

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eddie Ravenwood » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:40 pm

Swirlshine wrote:
FrostedFirefly wrote:This is great!! The background looks incredible, and the shading is really nice too! <3

Aw, thank you so much - it’s super appreciated!! 🥰 I tried a lot of new things with this piece so I’m glad it worked out, haha!

No problem! I especially like the little detail of the pattern on the socks, I didn't even notice it the first time :0
heya, name's Eddie. all pronouns, certified prettyboy. maybe just a bit too into Batman villains, but like, in an aro-ace way. here to chill since 2019. my m.o. is pretty much to pop in every couple months and post on some forum games, so if you see me around? hi 👋

💚my art💚💚cool playlist💚💚youtube💚💚artfight💚

Eddie Ravenwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Kira Nightblade. » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:11 pm

SORRY FOR BEING LATE
BUT DANG SWIRL THIS LOOKS SO GOOD!?! I'm so jealous of your skills ahh <3
vibin
Sae the Fae#6926 on discord
.Kira Nightblade.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swirlshine » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:26 pm

.Kira Nightblade. wrote:SORRY FOR BEING LATE
BUT DANG SWIRL THIS LOOKS SO GOOD!?! I'm so jealous of your skills ahh <3

Alsjduhuehdxkaksklakls, THANK YOU SARAHHHHH, AHH ;-; <33333

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swirlshine » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:58 pm

FrostedFirefly wrote:
Swirlshine wrote:

No problem! I especially like the little detail of the pattern on the socks, I didn't even notice it the first time :0

Aw, haha, thank you! <33 I'm glad you noticed some of the added details - I tried to make everything look as close to the real clothes as possible! ^^

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kageyenova » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:42 am

YOOOO THE BACKGROUND ON THIS IS AMAZING
    That grass looks so comfy om
hi im kage.
kageyenova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swirlshine » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:22 pm

kageyenova wrote:
    YOOOO THE BACKGROUND ON THIS IS AMAZING
    That grass looks so comfy om

AAAAAHHH THANK YOU, THAT MEANS A LOT COMING FROM SOMEONE AS TALENTED AS YOU WOW ;-;

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me