Variegated #050 Milestone by chamomile.

Based on Click to view
Artist chamomile. [gallery]
Time spent 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
26 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Variegated #050 Milestone

Postby chamomile. » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:31 am

To adopt you must be at least level 1 or not have a founder in progress or a founder at all. You must have an open space to be able to adopt.

Milestone Adopt!

First of all, thank you all so much for joining Variegated! The community that has formed brings me so much joy, and I'm glad to be able to give our first rare milestone adopt!

To enter, tell me: Where are they from? What does home mean to them now? Maximum of either 600 words or 200 words + 1 art piece.

End Date: June 24th 11:59 PST.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

Username:
Cat Name:
Clan:
Description: SH rare japanese bobtail chocolate calico with yellow eyes
Siblings: n/a
Parents: n/a
🔥 rowan/cham/tripp 🔪 he/him 🔪 not coming back 🔥

You can transfer/resell any designs i have made up to 2/22/22
x
x

chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaminari.denki » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:38 am

Username: .entity.
    Cat Name: Artem
    Clan: The Foundation
    Prompt: Artem, once known as Farru in their original home, has a very difficult relationship with the word. Home was once an off shoot of a forest with land a plenty for hunting, training and most importantly: roughhousing with their siblings. Home meant having the love of their parents, safety and never worrying about how they were going to eat in the coming days or where they were going to sleep that night.

And then came the Fire and with it, the End: the end of their parents love, the end of safety, the end of never having to truly worry about.. anything. After everything was over, Farru was lost. Fear took hold of the young tortoiseshell cat and finding solace in others became exceeding difficult as Farru was constantly afraid of finding someone to make a home with just to lose them again.

Even now, leading a group of cats that have the same sense of camradarie and safety that their old home once held. Even with no longer having to worry about food or a safe place to sleep: Home is .. complicated and the newly named Artem - doubts that they'll ever find a true Home ever again. (199/200)

Art here

[If I don't win, please do not use my art! Thank you!]
Last edited by kaminari.denki on Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

aiden || he/they || slytherin
ArtFightDappervolk
toyhou.se: TranScribe
discord: FireLordLee #9462

Halloween is ✨5 9 days✨ away
kaminari.denki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Variegated #050 Milestone

Postby snailshoes » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:42 am

Username: snailshoes
Cat Name: moth with speckled wings - speckled moth
Clan: the smokey mountain tribe
Prompt:
Moth does not remember what her past home was to her. To her, she's been from the tribe, but the judging and little snide remarks from the others tells her otherwise. She had been found as an outsider, an injured cat without many memories of what happened.

The lack of memory bothered her for many moons, as she found it hard to fit in and become a true member of the tribe. She was taken under the wing by the Healer, one of the few tribe members that tried to make her feel welcomed. To Moth, as hard as she tried, the tribe wasn't truly her real home.

Moth began getting strange dreams. She didn't understand it but she felt comforted there. Before the loss of her mentor, he had shared with her what she was experiencing, that she was dreaming of past ancestors, and how important it was for her to experience something so special.

The dreams continued, and the special connected grew and Moth learned many new things, and even saved the tribe. She now had a place within the tribe as a Healer, but walking along in her dreams with the ancestors? That was Moth's real home. (200 words)

Last edited by snailshoes on Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
call me snail!
he/him or he/they
snailshoes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pumpkinheart » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:44 am

Username: Pumpkinheart
Cat Name: Ashen breeze
Clan: Tribe of Sharp-thorned Roses
Prompt:
Since the moment Ashen Breeze was born in PEI, the sea called to her. She would stay up late just listening to the waves crash on the shore. One day she decided that she would go to the sea, her mother, Tatiana, told her "Be careful Ash!" as that was her name at the time. Ash walked to the shore, trotting along as the waves crashed against her paws. As she looked out across the sea, she saw an island, she saw it was small, and barely showed through the fog. She carefully waded out into the sea and started swimming towards it. When she was halfway there, a terrible storm hit and crashed her against the sharp rocks on the edge of the island, she was knocked unconcious.When she awoke, she was laying in a broken down twoleg hut, surrounded by roses and with a roof canopy of vines and leaves. Ash winced as she sat up, looking around before a cat came through the door, "Hello! I'm Blazing sky!" said the white molly with spots of orange tabby who had just came through the door, "And welcome to the Roseplace, We are the tribe of sharp-thorned roses!" she said as more cats came in.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Ever since, Ashen Breeze has been living with the tribe as the Keeper of the Waves, she swims across the sea to visit other tribes and trade with them for prey and trinkets. Ashen Breeze felt at home in the sea, however lonely it was. And whenever she got too lonely, she always knew her tribe would welcome her home with open hearts.
Ello! You can call me Pumpkin or Embee :D

★Any pronouns★

★Bi★

★Minor★

(This is a WIP hdchscdhs)
Pumpkinheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angel furby » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:48 am

Username: angel furby
Cat Name: squeak --> small doe
Clan: tribe of dancing petals
Prompt: 547 words

Eyes fluttered open to the dim interior of the hollow log in which she slept. Golden rays from the sun shone in through the gaps, breaking up the shadows inside the trunk. Her tiny paws outstretched in front of her, she realized that she could see the sun through the top of the log; was it that late already? With a sudden burst of energy, Squeak lept to her feet and bolted out of the nursery. The sandy camp was empty. Most cats were out on patrol this time of day, she supposed. A flash of white fur caught her attention- Momma! Kicking sand from beneath her paws, she ran towards her mother, Silent Dream, a pretty white she-cat in The High Council.
"Good morning," the older cat greeted, her voice smooth like honey. "You're up a bit late, aren't you?" she purred, pulling her kitten close. Squeak struggled to get away, pushing with her paws to escape her mother's rough bath.
Squeak comes from a decently long line of High Council cats. Tribe-born, especially with such high lineage, was an honor for a cat. Though, being a kitten, Squeak didn't care too much. She cared much more about where her friend was, and which game he was going to show her!
"Where is Whiskers? He said he had a new game to try!" The light-colored kitten was nearly an apprentice, which seemed to have given him a bit of an attitude. Arrogant as ever, he had rejected her requests to play yesterday because 'he was too mature for games,' but it looks like that mindset changed pretty quickly now that he's bored without her!
"I believe he's helping Jagged Branch sort out some patrols; that's what he said, at least. I'm not sure Jagged Branch sees it that way," Silent Dream replied with a purr of amusement, giving Squeak one last lick on the forehead before she bounced away in search of Whiskers.

-

The warm surface of the rook she was sleeping on told Small Doe the sun was up. She opened her eyes to the bright reflection of the sunlight on the sand- she had always been a late riser. Stretching, she rose to her paws and let herself feel the warm sand against her paw pads. The camp was quiet. It seemed as if she missed the organizing of patrols; she wondered why the others hadn't woken her up. After gathering her thoughts, Small Doe spotted Tiny Flower sitting near the edge of the lake. Life with the new leader was difficult. She had no idea what she was doing, though, Small Doe sympathized with her; she was much too young to be a leader. It was a wrong decision on her mother's part. After taking Silent Dream's place in the High Council, Small Doe has experienced firsthand how difficult it is to work with the unqualified leader.
Despite the difficulties Tiny Flower, Small Doe, and any other tribe member have gone through, they have all worked together for the best of the Tribe. They had more than they could ask for; security, food, and a place to feel welcomed. Even if you didn't have blood in the Tribe, everyone here was family- Small Doe couldn't ask for a better place to call home.

Last edited by angel furby on Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
angel furby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby astraf » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:05 am

Username: astrafrack
Cat Name: qvnqljogsptu (pumpkinfrost)
Clan: wildclan
Prompt: it's one piece of art, but it's too big to fit in one picture, sooo
not specifically in any order:
Qvnqljogsptu's old home was in a continent named Bohfm, or Angel. She, just like all the cats in the world, come from this place. It's rumored to exist since the dawn of time, but Qvnqljogsptu knows better. Bohfm was the largest continent, with many different biomes on it's giant lands. Qvnqljogsptu comes from the Tundra of Patience, where she learned to relax and stay calm in even the toughest situations.
But there are many, many more places in Bohfm; there's the Rexes Bridge, Lynlyth, Nexyohnynyth, Lexyohynth, the Forest of Ponder, Naekth, and more. Sure, the names might seem strange, but it's normal to the residents of Bohfm.
But Bohfm has gone mysteriously missing. She had fallen unconscious when working with her friends, and when she woke up she was in a strange forest. She spoke a different language, and, like all cats, Hillstar immediately recognized it. Now she has a new home, where she's treated like a goddess. This is her new home.
At least, it is until she finds a way back. (173)
astraf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby denja » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:49 am

mark!
denja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AwkwardAnxiety » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:46 am

Username: AwkwardAnxiety
Cat Name: Muddy Earth in Rainy Weather (re-using since the other one with this name was not picked)
Clan: Midgard's Fjord
Prompt:

Muddy Earth was born on the island of Midgard's Fjord during a rainstorm. She was in the same litter as Shifting Earth, who is now titled Frigg. She grew up alongside Shifting Earth, watching as all the toms chased after her beauty and shy intelligence. She stood by Shifting Earth's side throughout all of their younger years but was left unnoticed by anyone else, out shined by her sister. Shifting Earth always told her that it wasn't like that, everyone admired Muddy Earth just as much as Shifting Earth. But Muddy Earth could tell that it wasn't true, even if her sister couldn't. Shifting Earth simply wanted to see her own goodness and perfection in everyone else. When Shifting Earth discovered interest in toms, started hanging around them more, Muddy Earth felt lonely. When Shifting Earth began confiding her woes, irritations, and longings in Night Falling instead of in her, she felt betrayed. When Shifting Earth became mated to Dawning Vale, and later when they became Frigg and Odin, Muddy Earth felt like her heart had been ripped out. She had once loved Dawning Vale's brother, Rising Sun. He brought a light into her life that no other cat had, even her sister. He had restored her happiness that Shifting Earth had left behind. But even before he disappeared, declared drowned at sea by the previous Odin and Frigg, he had vowed his love for Shifting Earth instead. Muddy Earth couldn't even fault him for it. Muddy Earth knew of Night Falling's crush on her sister and sympathized with him in his impossible love. She sought comfort with him in their shared pain but even with him, she didn't feel at home. They each used the other's presence to replace someone else's gap in their hearts, not really wanting to be with the other. Home, to Muddy Earth, was where you felt wanted, needed, and most especially, loved. Shifting Earth was the only one who had ever made Muddy Earth feel that way, who had wanted to make her feel that way, but in taking on a mate and moving on with her life, Frigg stole away Muddy Earth's home. Muddy Earth had a place to eat, a place to sleep, a place to live, but no place to feel loved. And without love, can one really ever have a home?
This user no longer participates on Chicken Smoothie and wishes not to be contacted
AwkwardAnxiety

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coppercanary » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:58 pm

res

// canary // they/them // ecology student //

hey! the name’s canary, i like to draw
things i enjoy are cats (esp genetics),
reading, dragons, and birds
// artfight // toyhouse // click the babas //

coppercanary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apricott » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:04 am

Username: apricott
    Cat Name: Finchwhisker
    Clan: Per Aspera Ad Astra
    Prompt:
Finchwhisker used to be a house cat, called Tuna. She was adopted by a woman who wanted an adventure companion - someone to go nature walks, hikes and the like with. The woman didn't have a particular love for dogs and she had seen cats being good companions, and so she adopted Tuna. Tuna was always fed and petted, seldom leashed despite the collar to let her roam, and even learned to come back when her name was called. But she wasn't entirely happy with her life, something had been missing.

One time on a camping trip, Tuna encountered a team of cats - clan cats from the area. She made friends with them, and told them that she was staying in the area with her human for about a week. As the days went by, she grew more excited to see her new friends. When the week was over, Tuna was sad to announce that she had to go, but the clan cats invited her to live with them instead. And she agreed. Together the cats took off Tuna's leash, and she started a new life with her new family and new home, happier and more excited than ever.

(ps ;; if i don't win, the winner is welcome to keep my art!)
apricott

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me