Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Fair Run Rabbits | 032 | Himalayan by .Hailey.

Based on Click to view
Artist .Hailey. [gallery]
Time spent 34 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Fair Run Rabbits | 032 | Himalayan

Postby .Hailey. » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:59 am

ID Number: 032
Owner: x
Name: Molly
Sex: Doe
Altered: No
Color: Himalayan
Variety: Standard
Trained: No

Training points 10/4

Teaching Them Their Name - 136 words
Molly loves strawberries, she goes crazy for them. When we were teaching her her name we used them for positive reinforcement alongside a clicker. It should be noted we had to desensitise her to the clicker at first, as the sharp and sudden noise of it seemed to scare her. Once she was completely desensitised and comfortable with the clicker sound. We would sit on the floor a little away from her, and call her name 'Molly, come'. If she moved towards us, even just a couple steps, we would give her a piece of strawberry and *click*. We did this every day before she started doing this consistently. But when she did, we moved a little further away each time and repeated these steps. Eventually, she would come running from across the house when called.

Litterbox Training & Other House Rules - 105 words
I think it's easy to say that this is one stubborn little rabbit. Molly took an unusually long time to litter-train, she was quite insistent on going to the bathroom in one corner of ouroffice. For obvious reasons, this couldn't continue. Eventually we found a method that worked very well with Molly; we put a hay box next to the litterbox, so in order for her to reach herbeloved hay; she must sit in the litterbox. As rabbits typically eat and defecate at the same time, this was a great decision. Now it is rare to see rabbit droppings outside of her litterbox.

Harness/Leash Training - 113 words
We decided to train Molly with a H harness as it allows us to adjust the size and make it more comfortable for her to wear. Surprisingly, she took to it very well. We just slipped it on, adjusted it, and off she went doing her usual things. The hardest thing about this was making her stay still enough to get it on; she is a very active rabbit. We only kept it on her for around twenty minutes each day. Once we were sure she was completely happy wearing the harness, we tried a short walk just around the garden and gave her plenty of treats as she was doing so well.

Toy Training - 101 words
Molly's favourite kinds of toys are those that she can chew all day long, we have noticed that she especially enjoys wood-based toys such as wicker mats,willow twig balls and dried out pine cones. For the most part, these toys stop Molly from being very destructive; however, there has been a couple of occassions where we've found teeth marks and scratches on our wooden furniture. We also have some grass boxes, which allow the rabbits to eat fresh, dewey grass without being outdoors which are especially useful during winter. Molly also enjoys hiding and napping in cardboard boxes and tunnels
Last edited by .Hailey. on Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
.Hailey.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fair Run Rabbits | 032 | Himalayan

Postby discontinued. » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:13 am

Username: discontinued.
Show Name (Optional): a lost soul
Pet Name: molly

x
Last edited by discontinued. on Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
discontinued.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fair Run Rabbits | 032 | Himalayan

Postby .Hailey. » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:17 am

discontinued. wrote:Username: discontinued.
Show Name (Optional): -
Pet Name: molly

Congrats, take good care of molly!
.Hailey.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me