Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Be Proud of Yourself by InovaCat

Artist InovaCat [gallery]
Time spent 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Be Proud of Yourself

Postby InovaCat » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:18 pm

No one should be ashamed of who they are because of their sexuality, gender, or any other part of their identity. Right now, it's Pride month, baby! That means it's a time to focus on celebrating LGBTQ+ people and giving us a voice because much of our history is filled with oppression and discrimination. This does NOT mean that straight and cisgender people are suddenly not valid during June. No, everyone's identity is valid! It just means that June is a time for good straight allies to put their attention into uplifting the LGBTQ+ community, as opposed to taking the spotlight away from us. Because June is specifically a time to give us the spotlight and try to make up for the discrimination we face. The LGBTQ+ community is very thankful to the allies who help give us a voice and a platform, and who don't take away from the one month out of twelve designated for us. Straight allies and LGBTQ+ pride month are two very vital things.

I also feel like I must mention that people of color are another oppressed group that is suffering right now, and deserves a voice. I hope I can use my own platform as a white person to remind everyone that black people are murdered in America for being black, and that needs to change. Black lives matter. Black trans lives matter.

Thanks for reading this if anyone did, haha. Please don't start arguments on this post, it just won't end well. I won't reply to replies if I think it will start an argument.
And sorry the drawing's kind of bad :lol: Oekaki isn't my preferred art platform.
── Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
I'm InovaCat, and I recently came back to CS.
Feel free to send me a trade at anytime. I am
a bit of a Potterhead, I like Lunar Chronicles,
languages, theater, writing, cats, and emo
bands lol. Also Courtney Barnett <3
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
┏━━━━━━┓
Trade me!

she/her

credit
┗━━━━━━┛
xImage
InovaCat