Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Variegated | Warriors ARPG | by chamomile.

Based on Click to view
Artist chamomile. [gallery]
Time spent 18 hours, 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 30
66 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Mythz

by Mythz

by Mythz

by Mythz

by Mythz

by Mythz

Variegated | Warriors ARPG |

Postby chamomile. » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:54 am

backstreet boys reunion tour
🌿 home 🌿 nursery 🌿 myos 🌿 artist search 🌿 HMs 🌿
🌱 discord 🌱 fanclub 🌱 archives 🌱 archive updates 🌱
my name is sprite pepsi
Click to go to the Great Pine Climb, our summer event!

Many generations ago, a clan isolated themselves from other colonies of cats to avoid war. Years passed without word from them, until suddenly descendants from this clan began popping up in cat colonies across the land. These variegated cats generally look identical to their fellow cats, however unusual coat patterns appeared on their otherwise normal colored pelts. While considered odd at first, generations have yet again passed, and these Variegateds, also known as Varis, have spread out to nearly every known clan.

Variegated is a warrior cat ARPG (Adoptable Role Playing Game) with a heavy focus on developing your cats with the community! Your cats can be in any clan, including clans you share with other members of Variegated. Through developing your cats and clans, you can gain experience and level up to be able to adopt more cats and unlock rare items!

dont do a hit

🌿 Common - No line edits other than minor scars/minor tooth edits
      🌱 Uncommon - basic fur edits, minor tail edits, larger scars
      🌿 Rare - specific breeds, custom lined, genetic mutations such as two faces or additional limbs
Last edited by chamomile. on Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:56 am, edited 13 times in total.
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Variegated | Warriors ARPG | DNP yet!

Postby chamomile. » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:54 am

🌿Be kind to everyone, both community and staff. Please to not repeatedly bother staff
    🌱 Begging, guilt tripping, or whining will not be tolerated
    🌿 Do not make changes to any Varis designs, including adding scars. Adding items is fine
    🌱 Varis should be fairly realistic. Here is a guide. Their markings don't need to be markings necessarily found on cats, but they do have to look like something that exists on animals. clear symbols like stars, hearts, etc aren't allowed. Varis pelts must also be natural colors. However, eyes can be any colors
    🌿 Only post founder forms when an artist is open to take them. Once you receive your founder, you must place them in a clan within 1 month and level up to level 1 or else your founder will be readopted
    🌱 You may only adopt up to the number of cats listed with the level you are on in the "leveling up" section
    🌿 You may own any number of clans, however a clan needs a minimum of 1 Variegated to be official. NPC non-Varis are allowed to be briefly mentioned in clans stories, however they cannot be the focus for leveling up
    🌱 Varis cannot be sold for any reason. Varis may only be traded for other Varis, Vari MYOs, or other Vari items
    🌿 If your Varis, clans, MYOs, or items are being traded or gifted, you must post the correct form associated with this in the archive update thread to make it official
    🌱 There is a 3 week cooldown between trades. There is no cooldown for gifting, however if you are caught gifting to get around the trade cooldown you may receive a strike or ban.
    🌿 If you are banned from CS or Variegated, you may keep your Varis if you transfer the designs to different lines, however they are no longer considered Varis and you are not allowed to have them in any Variegated clans or interact with the community.
    🌱 If you get banned for getting around rules to limit the amount of cats you have, your cats will be rehomed as you did not have a right to own them in the first place (e.g. multi accounting)
    🌿 Rules are subject to change as staff see fit
    🌱 Due to previous issues, your account needs to be at least 3 months old with a minimum of 100 posts to your account. If you do not fit both these requirements, you cannot participate in variegated until you do

"Cats are nature’s cats." -Travis

🌿 Full-time artists jobs include making adopts regularly that follow design guidelines for Varis, making nursery batches, make founders, and assist with general community management
    🌱 Artists should make uncommon designs sparingly, and only make rare designs for specific events with permission given by an admin. Asking for payment for breedings is not allowed. Artists may however take commissions to design myos for people set at the prices they would like
    🌿 If an artist is inactive for a while and is not responding to messages from admins, they may be removed from the team
    🌱 Artists receive one uncommon or below MYO upon being hired. They also receive 1 uncommon or below myo every 2 months as long as they remain active with completing their tasks. Additionally, they receive 1 rare MYO for their birthday

🌿 Guest artists may make adopts, founders, and breedings. There is not a set limit, but they should focus on making nice thought out designs instead of trying to create as many designs as possible per day
    🌱 Guest artists should check over designs they are unsure about being allowed with full-time staff before posting
    🌿 Guest artists may make themselves one uncommon or under myo upon hiring

🌱 Archivists jobs include going through the archive update thread and making updates to the archive to reflect them, double check people are following the rules about limited amounts of Varis, and assisting with other tasks as needed such as helping to manage event tracking
    🌿 If an archivist is inactive for a while and is not responding to messages from admins, they may be removed from the team
    🌱 Archivists receive 1 uncommon or under MYO upon hiring, and 1 uncommon or under MYO per 2 months of activity. They additionally receive a rare or under MYO for their birthday
Last edited by chamomile. on Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:29 am, edited 10 times in total.
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chamomile. » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:55 am

Imagebaby You need to get a founder. Founders can either be the first cat you adopt from a regular competition above, or you can request a free semi-custom made by artists using a founder form. Founder forms can only be posted when an artist opens founder slots. Founder forms posted when none are open will be ignored.
      You may request any common traits. You may not request any uncommon or rare traits. Artists are not required to 100% stick to what designs you request, and you may not request it be redone if you don't like it.If you don't claim your founder within a month of it's posted date and level up to level 1, your founder will be readopted . After that you cannot request another free founder.
    Code: Select all
    [list][b]Founders Form[/b][/list]
    Username:
    Requested Design:

Imagebaby You next need to find a clan for your founder. This can be either a clan you make or a clan owned by someone else if you get permission to join. Your founder does not need to be the leader of a clan. If you are going to make your own clan, you need to either make a thread for it on CS, make a folder/world for it on Toyhouse, or make a website for it.
    If you are wanting to join someone else's clan, you can meet and talk to people about their clans either on the discord server or in the fanclub. You can discuss with the owner about your character fitting in to the clan, and if they agree, your cat can join their clan. There is no limit to how many people can join a clan, but a clan can only have one official owner. If someone is not offering to let you join their clan, please do not harass them to try and get in. Your cat can change clans if what you choose doesn't end up fitting, so don't worry about it being permanent.

Imagebaby Once you have your founder and have located a clan for them, you can go to the archive update thread and level up! Below is listed the specific links needed for each level up. When you fill out a form, please copy these sections into the form and include the link beside them.

Imagebaby Below are the specific requirements needed for each level up. To complete them, do the tasks and post them somewhere publicly so you can create a link to them. Then go to the archive update thread and link all these specifications in the level up form. Upon posting this form you immediately level up, and you will only receive a message if there was something incorrect.
    rat🌿 Each level unlocks the ability to own more Varis. If you try and adopt more cats than you have spaces for at your level, you will not be able to. In the case of winning multiple adopts on the same day which pushes you over the limit, you may have 1 week to complete a level up to create space for the Varis. If you do not do this, the extra Vari will be rehomed.
    rat🌱Artwork should be minimum of a colored headshot. If your cat has complex markings it is okay to simplify them, however it should still be recognizable as them. This can be made by you or commissioned. Written prompts will have specified minimum word counts. Both art and writing prompts can only be used once for level ups.
    rat🌿If, due to the clan dynamics in your clan or the cats you have you are unable to complete a prompt, please message chamomile. this and you will be allowed to replace one of the prompts with either writing a personality/history of one of your cats (200+ words) or a write/draw any scene wildcard (200+ words).
    rat🌱 All prompts for each level u must be completed to the full word count, separately. Combining prompts is not allowed, as we cannot tell if you have done enough writing for each individual prompt.

beetle boy

🌿Level 0: Maximum of 1 Vari
    -Obtain a founder
    -Either create a join a clan. If you create a clan, specify you made it. If you are a joining a clan, link to both the clan's page and proof of approval from the clan's owner

🌱Level 1: Maximum of 3 Varis
    -Describe your cat's role in the clan (100+ words)
    -Draw or write about how one of your cats and another cat met (200+ words)
    -Give your founder a personality/history (200+ words)

🌿Level 2: Maximum of 6 Varis
    -If you are the owner of a clan, describe the relationship between your clan and another. If you are not an owner of a clan, describe what one of your cats thinks about a neighboring clan (150+ words)
    -If you are the owner of a clan, describe or draw the territory of the clan (For art, minimum of a drawn out map with labels. The map must be made by you, not using a program). If you are not the owner of a clan, describe or draw one of your cat's favorite areas of the territory and why (150+ words)
    -Draw one of your cats or give them a personality/history (200+ words)

🌱Level 3: Maximum of 10 Varis
    -Write or draw a scene of a Gathering between your clan or a clan you are in and at least one other clan. (200+ words)
    -Describe or draw a relationship between one of your cats and the leader of their clan (100+ words)
    -Wildcard! draw or write about any scene or aspect of your clan you would like (200+ words)

🌿Level 4: Maximum of 14 Varis
    -Write or draw a scene of your medicine cat/s meeting with the medicine cats of neighboring clans. If you do not own a medicine cat, choose a cat who is best either talented at helping heal others or is specially connected to their ancestors (200+ words)
    -Give two of your cats personalities/histories (200+ words each)
    -What is one of your cat’s worst fears? How has another cat helped them manage this fear? (100+ words)

🌱Level 5: Maximum of 20 Varis
    -Write about the afterlife system of your clan. How does it relate to the system of another clan? Do your clans share an afterlife, or are they separate? (200+ words)
    -Wildcard! Draw or write about any scene or aspect of your clan you'd like! (200+ words)
    -What cat of yours cannot stand to be in the same den as another cat in the clan? Why is this? (100+ words)

🌿Level 6: Maximum of 25 Varis
    -Write or draw a scene of a meeting between your leader and the leader of at least one other clan. If you do not own the leader of a clan, write/draw about one of your cats meeting with a neighboring clan's leader in secret (200+ words)
    -Describe or draw an object that holds importance to one of your cats and explain why (100+ words)
    -Describe or draw a scene where the clan one of your cats is in was in danger (200+ words)

🌱Level 7-12: +5 cats per level
    Pick 3 of the prompts below per level to write about. Each is 200+ words
    -Write about the history of your clan
    -Write/draw about a mystery your cat/s had to solve
    -Write a personality/history for one of your cats
    -Write/draw about a tradition in your clan or what one of you cat's opinions on a tradition are
    -Write/draw the relationship between your clan and another clan
    -Write/draw the relationship between your cat and another cat
    -Write/draw a battle scene
    -Write/draw about a time your clan/cat succeeded
    -Write/draw about a time your clan/cat failed
    -Write/draw about a time your cat went against orders
    -Write/draw about a scene of your choice
Last edited by chamomile. on Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🌲 Admins
    chamomile.
    lin manual miranda has said warrior cat

🌿 Artists
    liightning
    Shadowflight13
    Mythz
    Arkinhallow
    Canary22
    clip ♡

🍃 Guest Archivists
    .sins.
    honeybunchesofoats

🌱 Guest Artists
    denja
Last edited by chamomile. on Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:41 am, edited 5 times in total.
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🌿 Do my cats have to have warrior names?
    Nope! They can have any names you want. The only limit is keeping it CS appropriate.

🌱 Does my clan have to work the same as clans in the books?
    Nope! You can have your clan function however you would like. It could be like the tribe of rushing water, or a group of medicine cats, or even a crew of kitty-pets! As long as it is a group of cats located somewhere on planet Earth it is welcome!

🌿 Can I have NPCs in my clan?
    Yes, you can have imaginary cats fill the roles in your clan to help flesh it out. However they should not be the focus for any of your leveling up prompts.

🌱 Can my founder be a specific cat breed?
    No, specific cat breeds are considered rare and not allowed for founders as they are only for milestones. You can link to a specific cat for reference of the markings you would like, but we will not make a cat that is considered a specific breed unless it's a milestone.

🌿 Does my calico need to be female / does my orange cat need to be male?
    Nope! Any Vari can be any gender you want.

🌱 Can gay Varis have kits together?
    Yes! Through the magic of this being a fun adopt that fully supports LGBT+ and letting you have fun with your characters, you can have a nursery batch from two cats assigned the same gender at birth.

🌿 How do I know when I've leveled up?
    Once you have completed the prompts associated with the level you are on and post a form to the archive update thread, you automatically level up. You will only be contacted if there was an issue with your form.

🌱 Do founders/breedings/MYOs cost anything?
    Founders and breedings are always free. MYO tickets can be purchased (coming soon!), and you will need to either design the cat yourself or commission someone to make them for you. Sometimes MYO tickets will be given as rewards for events for free, however you still have to design them yourself or pay someone to do so for you.

🌿 Can I give my cat accessories?
    Yes, you can. You can have your cat wear whatever accessories they would like to. However, please do not ask artists to add these for you, you will have to do that.

🌱 Can I give my cat scars?
    No, you need a scar ticket to do so.

🌿 Can by cat be deaf/blind?
    Yes, however you are not allowed to edit a cat's reference to give them "blind eyes".

🌱 How many clans can I own?
    There is no limit to the amount of clans you can create, however each clan needs a minimum of one Vari to be considered active. If a clan has no Varis, it will not be considered a Variegated clan.

🌿 What if there is a disagreement with a shared clan?
    The people will be asked to try and settle it themselves. However if that is not possible, the final decision on what happens to the clan goes to the owner of the clan. The owner of the clan can make people leave their clan if necessary.

🌱 I own a clan, but I don't want to own it anymore. What can I do?
    You can choose to either transfer the clan to another member of Variegated, or you can abolish the clan and have the cats that were in it marked as rogues until they are placed in a new clan. Both of which can be done on the archive update thread.

🌿 I don't know anyone else with a clan for level up prompts. Can I do them alone?
    While we encourage doing level up prompts concerning two clans with a clan not owned by you, this is not required. You can use a second clan you own or a NPC clan if needed to complete the prompts. If you would like to meet and chat with folks to find clans for your clans to know though, I would recommend joining the discord!

🌱 Can I use a NPC or a donor NPC for a level up prompt or a breeding prompt?
    Yes you can. However roughly 75% of the story should focus around the real Varis, so focus around on how they feel about the situation and just have the NPC there to help continue the narrative.
Last edited by chamomile. on Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chamomile. » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:56 am

res
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Variegated | Warriors ARPG | Now Open!

Postby chamomile. » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:56 am

res! feel free to post!
🔥 rowan/cham/tripp 🔪 he/him 🔪 not coming back 🔥

You can transfer/resell any designs i have made up to 2/22/22
x
x

chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BoopoThyDrago » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:59 am

Slams a mark!
Find The Culprit! wrote:BoopoThyDrago dropped their ice cream on the ground and reasonably has been pretty down about it since.

fika. wrote:
      banned for dropping the ice cream ya silly billy

Please click my pokemon! Image
ImageImageImage
Other Sites: FR
BoopoThyDrago

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BiscuitTheDog » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:00 pm

mark oop :eyes:

-not very active but when i am its on oekaki
BiscuitTheDog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tcw » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:01 pm

*tips hat @ cham* moewdy
tcw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me