Forum rules
Anthro Art must follow our Code of Conduct rules regarding nudity.
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

the best islander by trickybiskit

Artist trickybiskit [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

the best islander

Postby trickybiskit » Fri May 29, 2020 1:51 pm

Bold statement, I know

Papi moved in yesterday (I'm only a week into the game), and I didn't know about him until my brother met him on the island! He is so precious and cute!

Today I saw him by the tulips near my airport, and he was reading a book about plants while looking at them! Once in a while he would close his book to give the flowers a good sniff!
    Once he stopped doing that and turned around, he went and started reading a book and checking out a tree behind the flowers! He sat down under it once in a while and would get up again to keep reading and looking at the tree!

Just the way he talks and the things he talks about is so cute! Not to mention his awesome, adorable sweater! He is quickly becoming a favourite I never thought I had.

Peanut moved in today and Savannah's gonna move in tomorrow, so another horse!
    Some others that I think I'm itching for would be Antonio, Aurora, Gladys, Maddie, Marshal, Pierce, and Yuka, since I had her for the longest time in Wild World and I almost forgot about her!
Last edited by trickybiskit on Fri May 29, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trickybiskit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the best islander

Postby PETALBREEZER_CHEESER » Fri May 29, 2020 1:52 pm

I never saw this villager before! Are they new in ACNH? This is some great art of them.
PETALBREEZER_CHEESER

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trickybiskit » Fri May 29, 2020 1:54 pm

He first appeared in New Leaf! I never heard of him though until just recently!

And thanks! I spent way too long on it though :l
trickybiskit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby risotto » Fri May 29, 2020 5:28 pm

DUDE I LOVE PAPI SM

I had him in ACNL and I might still?? I lost my charger and it's been probably like a year since I've been able to check but honestly one of my favorites, I gave him my perfect pear when I got it because he deserved it
┌───────────────────┐
rire | it/its | adult
loveless aro
──────
la squadra

TH | art shop
mista enthusiast
risotto nero irl
└───────────────────┘
risotto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trickybiskit » Sat May 30, 2020 3:08 pm

He just seems like such a nice, plant-loving introvert! I'm not exactly sure what the lazy personality means, but I doubt it's literal lol; Papi also likes to sweep around a lot and waters all the flowers!

Also, since he's based on a okapi, this quote from his wiki page leads me to believe he could be trans!
    "Interestingly, instead of the hornlike ossicones males typically have, he has a hair whorl akin to a female okapi."

I just love him so much already <3
trickybiskit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me