Kalon #1741 - Midnight musician (winners up!) by PleaserOfCrowds

Based on Click to view
Artist PleaserOfCrowds [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 38 minutes
Drawing sessions 19
62 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon #1741 - Midnight musician (winners up!)

Postby PleaserOfCrowds » Thu May 28, 2020 6:35 am

Edits;
[nr]Sclera, Whiskers
[s]Shine, Hair
[c]Fur, Tail

Why hello there! I’m one of the guest artists for this round, and it’s an absolute honor to be designing for you guys! I hope you guys enjoy my work, and I’m excited to work with you!

For this Kal, I’d like to hear a story about them! Whether it be lighthearted and funny, or dark and tragic, it’s all up to you! You have up to 500 words to tell your story, as well as an optional art piece (maximum of 1) to illustrate it! You may pretty up, but it won’t have an effect on judging.

For the story, I’m judging on quality over quantity and over concepts!
If you decide to do the optional art piece, I’m only looking for pieces that relate to the story! Skill/detail won’t matter here, and you may commission an art piece if you want!

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Story:
Art piece (100% optional, remove if not needed!):

Ends on June 8th!
Last edited by PleaserOfCrowds on Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
PleaserOfCrowds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1741 - Midnight musician

Postby sobble » Thu May 28, 2020 6:37 am

what if instead of fiddler on the roof he was on the moon. wouldnt that be wild.
    They/them | Adult | PA student
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Thu May 28, 2020 6:41 am

Username: DragonOfEmber
Name: lyss
Story:
The stars shimmered dimly above Lyss as the sands of the beach shifted beneath her feet; this was her favourite time to compose music. Although she wrote symphonic pieces, Lyss liked to listen to the pop genre. She used that style to catch the attention of the younger generation, as she wanted them to connect With her songs. Sitting down on the soft blanket of sand laid out before her, she pulled out her violin. She was composing a softer piece, sadder, but easy to connect to. With one earbud in, she started up the rest of her 'orchestra' on her computer. Garage band started the piece, soft at first, before hitting a crescendo that expressed so much pain and loss.

Lyss swayed with her music, the sound of her violin singing pain and sorrow. Gently the crescendo died, filled with acceptance and self-forgiveness, the bass drum pumping out a heartbeat. The piece fell and rose, full of emotion, before finally coming to a hopeful end.

Lyss set her violin down. It was time to put the finishing pieces together on this song she'd been working so hard on.
She played it one more time, her song bringing herself to tears as she reached the apex, laugher escaped her as she approached the edge, before finally she fell into a happy smile.
The waves, which had been silent, as though the world had been holding its breath as she played, roared with applause at her music. She smiled, her heart filled with joy as the world carried her song on the wind.

Her piece was done. She sat for a moment upon the sand, her violin resting on her lap. The moon was about to set, she noticed; Lynn could tell it was time for her to rest.

[298/500]
Last edited by justamindset on Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

kals // toyhouse // comms: open

𓆩*𓆪 and i know where to look 𓆩*𓆪

in permanent need of coffee

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Thu May 28, 2020 6:42 am

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SpartanAmethystStephen J. QuinnMalelisten<- click for art
He was tired of the same routine - get up, practice, eat, practice more, get yelled at for not practicing enough, get maybe an hour of free time, go to bed. Lather, rinse, repeat. At least on weekends he had shows and concerts. No free time, no time to date, no time to do what he wanted to; stuck on a Tuesday night, this is definitely not how he imagined his 21st birthday would be.

Stephen often heard the term "prodigy" thrown around with his name; it wasn't an overexaggeration to say that he was extremely talented with the violin, he knew he was, and he enjoyed it - but that's the only thing he was known for. No one inquired about his passion for the guitar, or how he loved singing. It was only "wHeN iS yOuR nExT vIoLiN rEcItAl?!". Suddenly noticing the strange looks the other bar patrons were giving him, he chuckled nervously and hung his head, sipping on the drink in front of him. He always had an issue with making weird faces during his inner monologues. He sat alone, reliving the fight he'd had only hours before with his parents, until a commotion across the bar caught his attention - it was a group of female Kalons out celebrating, and the moment he met a heterochromatic gaze, Stephen felt his heart stop. She stared back, just as shocked as he was, until her lips pulled back into a sultry smile. He needed to meet this stranger.

As if on cue, she motioned for him to follow her, and she moved farther into the night club, away from the dance floor and the loud music. He followed without hesitation, admiring the parts of her coat he could see outside of her bright white dress; she was a tabby, like him, and both scattered with stars... he briefly wondered if this was fate, like his shine and the violin. He could hear her friends hollering and cheering her on, but it wasn't long before they were alone in a VIP room. It was in that moment Stephen realized he had no clue how to flirt, so instead he flashed a charming smile and sat beside her with a genuine "hello".

They stayed in that room for hours, talking and laughing. He discovered her name was Bryn, and she was celebrating her new found freedom; they had so much in common, and in no time he felt relaxed and totally natural around her. He didn't have to pretend. It wasn't long before they ditched the club and went back to his place, a small RV he travelled in for shows. She asked him to play for her - not his violin, though, his guitar. He sat and sang for her until the sun peaked above the horizon, and she told him she wanted to see him again.

"Just... for fun?" She asked, and he smiled.

"Just for fun."

But the kiss that followed rocked his world, and he waved her goodbye sadly.
Last edited by SpartanAmethyst on Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grubgroove » Thu May 28, 2020 6:42 am

┌────────┐┌────────────────────┐

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
𝐆𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐌𝐄𝐃𝐄
username;; wishbones
gender;; nonbinary
││
││
││
││
││
││
││
││
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxi
work in progress,, if i dont win/forget to finish this
the winner can use my art :) my th is pavilions!

└────────┘└────────────────────┘
Last edited by grubgroove on Thu May 28, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
grubgroove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby banooky » Thu May 28, 2020 6:43 am

mark omg
YOUCAN'T ▬▬▬▬
▬▬ ▬ ▬ BE A ▬▬▬▬
H E R O H E R O
xImage

I F Y O U ' V E
xxY O U ' V E

┌────────────┐

yo i'm kelsey nice 2 yeet u.
extrovert and goofball so
feel free to pm me !

└────────────┘

xxxONLY GOT ONE
xxxxONE ONE ONE
xT R I C K !!!
banooky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby metanoia. » Thu May 28, 2020 6:46 am

✧ FELICITY RUE ✧

█████████████████████

ᴍᴇᴛᴀɴᴏɪᴀ. ✧ ɴᴏɴʙɪɴᴀʀʏ ✧ ᴀʀᴛ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ [x]

█████████████████████

"momma?" a young female kalon whispered to the darkness. "momma, i'm scared."
a woman's voice fluttered to the young child from the darkness. "hush, my sweet. i'm right here, you will be okay."
"but, momma! what if the monsters get me?" the child protested.
"there are no monsters, my sweet felicity rue." the woman brushed her hand against the child's arm. "its all in your head."
the child, felicity, nodded as her mother caressed her hair. low hums came from outside as someone started their car. no birds were heard, no dogs barked. felicity wrapped her paws around her covers and pulled it up to her nose. no matter how many times her mother promised her that the monsters weren't real, felicity was always scared. flight or fight, she would choose flight. creaking noises rushed along the old, wooden floorboards. its just papa. its just papa. the young child tried to reassure herself.
"would you like me to lay with you?" her mother's pale blue eyes glowed in the dark.
"yes!" felicity scooted over so that her mother could fit on the small, rollaway bed. she leaned against her mother's broad shoulders. "momma, tell me a story."
her mother's mouth moved slowly, and even though felicity couldn't see it, she knew it was the beginnings of a smile.
"once upon a time, there was a beautiful kalon named felicity." her mother began, drowning out all the noises that had scared felicity before.

"she was one of the kindest kalons to ever walk the planet." felicity's mother croaked.
felicity sighed and tossed a pillow against her mother's back. "mom!"
"what?" her mother stopped.
"this story is so dumb!" felicity groaned. "i'm not a baby anymore, i don't need that story."
felicity threw herself onto her bed and picked at the black nail polish that was layered on her claws. i've heard this story a bi-gillion times, and its always so annoying. she could hear her mother's heavy breathing as the older kalon rocked in the old wooden chair. why does she always breathe so loud? felicity looked up at her mother. she looks so tired. i told her not to work on the garden all day!
"well. i. am. sorry. felicity. rue." her mother's breathing got heavier.
"don't call me that." felicity snapped. "its so annoying when you call me that!"
the breathing slowed down. "felicity, i know that you. miss your father, but having. this attitude isn't. helping anyone."
felicity held back a strong word that she wanted to shout. how dare she bring papa up! she sat up and pointed a finger at her mother. "don't you talk about my father!"
and like magic pouring out of a warlock's wand, that one finger suddenly made her mother stop breathing. feeble noises rose up from felicity's mother as she fell out of the chair and hit the old, wooden floorboards with a thud.
"momma!"

a gravestone beside her, felicity finally said. "her mother promised to love her forever and ever.

500/500
art by sweathie
Last edited by metanoia. on Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
metanoia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Thu May 28, 2020 6:50 am

Username: SilentMelody
    Name:
    Story:
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby viridxty » Thu May 28, 2020 7:16 am

Mark
viridxty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jaskiest » Thu May 28, 2020 7:31 am

Last edited by Jaskiest on Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaskiest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me