Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Kuricus | Open by corvidous

Artist corvidous [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kuricus | Open

Postby corvidous » Tue May 19, 2020 5:21 am

| main page | shop/customs | discord | trades/transfers | main archive | fanclub | nursery | myos |

Kuricus (pronounced curi-kus) are a highly variable and adaptive species of mammalian dragons. They may vary in everything from color, size, and adaptive traits. From the base morphology of a slender, long, and sleek furred creature with no additional appendages, to quadruped and winged variants, to even the mythological seeming and alien-esque traits that occasionally show up, Kuricus all have been seen to have a gem on their chest. The gem may serve to focus any magical abilities they are rumored to have, but its much more likely they're for decorative measures only. All Kuricus also have a barren oval shaped face/mask.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kuricus are inspired by my love for poseable art dolls and a previous species I had on CS way back when, Carks. There's no set line-art for Kuricus (as of yet- there may be chibi lines in the future for nursery/quick adopts), and each Kuricus will be on it's own unique base with its own unique gem and decorated facial 'mask'.

Welcome to Kuricus!
Trait List:
to be updated and changed as needed.

Standard:
must always be present- Identifying features of a Kuri

| Long body | Face 'mask' | Gemstone/coin on chest | Fur present | Tail |

Common:
May be present. Not unusual to see.

Front legs | Small flightless wings | One set of horns | Teeth/Tusks | Fur length change | Claws | Antenna |Quills/spikes on body | Back legs | Smoke from nostrils | Ears |

Uncommon:
May be seen every so often. Curious, but not unusual.

Different fur textures (coarse, curly, tattered, etc.) | Two sets of horns | One set of flight capable wings | Minimal scales/feathers present (less than 25% of body covered) | Glowing markings | Vents | Dragon-like whiskers | Different furred tail (curly, shorter, zig-zag, etc.) | Crystal growth | Albino | Melanistic | Minor powers |

Rare:
Highly unusual. Do not usually occur.

| Halos | Glowing body/horns | Unnatural edits (goop, skeleton, glitch, etc.) | Non-furred tail | More than two sets of horns | Cracked mask | Extra eyes | Cracked gem | Two or more tails | Two or more heads | Excessive scales/feathers present (25%+ body) | Extra appendages | Two or more sets of wings | Gigantism | Munchkinism | Plant growth | Large powers | gene-splicing (fins, gills, etc.)

Banned:
Do not occur in Kuris

| Furless | Headless/tailless | Missing gem | Non-mask head (I.E no TV heads, no replacement heads) | Gem located elsewhere on body | See through/glass body |
Last edited by corvidous on Tue May 19, 2020 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
corvidous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kuricus | Rules and Staff

Postby corvidous » Tue May 19, 2020 5:21 am

Species Rules:
  • 1: Kuris may not be resold if purchased.
    o
  • 2: Kuris may be traded/gifted/exchanged for within species currency and items.
    o
  • 3: You may own up to five Kuris currently. This number will change if needed.
    o
  • 4: Kuris must all have a face mask and gemstone.
    o
  • 5: Staff reserve the right to change/modify/add to the rules as needed.
o
o
      General Rules:
  • 1: Copying/Tracing/Claiming Kuricus as your own will result in a ban. The idea of a furry worm-like snake 'thing' isn't new. However, the name and lore behind this species make it unique enough to stand on its own. Making your own Kuricus without permission may result in a ban from the species.
    o
  • 2: Designed Kuricus are to remain as Kuricus unless given explicit permission otherwise. No transferring out of the species is allowed at this time.
    o
  • 3: You may not co-own Kuricus.
    o
  • 4: You may not edit/add/remove traits from a made Kuricus. You may, with the artist's permission, change a minor aspect of the design.
    o
  • 5: Follow all CS and CS-Oekaki rules.
Last edited by corvidous on Tue May 19, 2020 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
corvidous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kuricus | Notes and Lore

Postby corvidous » Tue May 19, 2020 5:22 am

Notes and Lore:

• The name 'Kuricus' comes from 'Quercus', AKA Oak. Ooak clay is a popular polymer clay used by artists when creating clay dolls, which this species takes inspiration from.
    o
  • There are no known size limits to this species. Most are typically between 1' and 3' in length, but some have been documented to be a massive 20' long!
    o
  • Their diet consists mainly of fruit and clay. They do not typically eat meat.
    o
  • They're known to be soothing companions, and enjoy basking in the sun or curling up on a heater.
    o
  • The mascot's name is Egg. He's a standard Kuri, and is the 'base' Kuri without any edits present.
corvidous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kuricus | Open

Postby corvidous » Wed May 20, 2020 1:10 am

Two adopts are currently up! Both free adopts.

An opening event will happen this upcoming weekend!
corvidous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chickpea » Wed May 20, 2020 3:11 am

lil mark
Chickpea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CHIMINGSOUL » Tue May 26, 2020 3:15 am

mark

Last bumped by corvidous on Tue May 26, 2020 3:15 am.

"Thats CRAZY"
xSorrel - He/Him

Gay + Trans Artist Guy
Consistently Online

Art Shop
Cervid Beasts
Profile Art

Free Palestine
CHIMINGSOUL

My pets
My items
My wishlist