Guppy guppy~ by Ki-Mono

Based on Click to view
Artist Ki-Mono [gallery]
Time spent 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Guppy guppy~

Postby Ki-Mono » Sat May 09, 2020 5:50 am

Starting with the body shape: they are a bit of a squishy bottle. The front is a lop-sided triangle, which then bottles down and rounds out. Since the shape is so vague, I recommend using a couple references to get the hang of it.
The head is mainly covered by the eyeball. It is very large compared to everything else. If you plan to make this into a species, I would recommend really accenting the eyes and maybe making them cartoonishly big. In general the eyes have a pretty "dead" look in real life, but you can give them more life with your style (Side note, but fish also don't have eye lids, but if you go for a more cartoonish look don't worry about it too much). The gills are located behind the eyes, not under them. They are also what I would call the end of the head area. The mouth is surprisingly easy. All you're gonna do is draw a little "slit" near the top of the head. Adding a little bottle lip will help it look better.
Lastly I would just take better care of the fin placement. If you study photos, you will notice the fins attach right where the body starts to bottle down; and usually only attaches at a single place where it then begins to "fan out".
Back tail fins vary in lots of shapes and sizes. Mostly they are either round or triangle shaped. If you plan to make this a species, having fun with all types of tail color and shapes is a recommendation.

Good luck!

ref
Last edited by Ki-Mono on Thu May 21, 2020 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ki-Mono

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Guppy guppy~

Postby Undyne7119 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:43 am

thank you, i like it so far!

Last bumped by Ki-Mono on Thu May 21, 2020 7:43 am.
Hello, it's me, Undyne, you might know me from YouTube or Discord. I like to draw, and I like FNAF and Undertale. I also enjoy roleplaying, only on Discord though. Also, I unfortunately can't be online as much as I would like, school is kinda getting in the way, but I'll be online whenever I can and want to.

Also, please click these

<----- Good boi Caramel
Undyne7119

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me