Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

uuuoohhg by SaltyBirb

Artist SaltyBirb [gallery]
Time spent 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

uuuoohhg

Postby SaltyBirb » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:10 pm

kinda regret doing my digital artworks for my school exhibit on oekaki
the resolution is so low and im deaded
I got used to oekaki sm that it's really uncomfortable to use other programs acsfc
im suffering aaaa _(´ཀ`」 ∠) _

btw
would also like to have suggestions for other art programs I can use
at the moment, I have sai (I use it for resizing images asgvchsdc) and firealpaca (I rarely use it but i think it has potential)
SaltyBirb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: uuuoohhg

Postby coconutcoyote » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:20 pm

are you only interested in free programs? If not, I just got clip studio, and while I’m still getting used to it (I have the same problem as you, I’ve been using oekaki for so long, it’s weird to use another program), I think it’s actually pretty good! I’ve researched and a lot of people say that prefer it to photoshop, plus it’s pretty cheap. I have the best (and most expensive) version, which is $9 a month, around $70 a year, but there’s another version (Pro) that costs about $4 a month which I believe has a couple less versions than Ex (the “better” version). Basically, you actually get the first three months free, but you still have to enter your card info and everything. If you only want to test it out, they have a free version, but it is VERY limited, you can’t even save your art which I find pretty weird.

If you want the first three months free, technically, you can just get four months for $9 if you cancel before the second payment. I don’t think you can cancel if before the first payment but I may be wrong? Hopefully I’m explaining it well enough lol

It can be a little complicated but there are tutorials online! You can also message me, I’m no expert obviously, but someone on discord is helping me out so I could just ask them 😂

But yeah, sorry for this super long post haha
whimsii#8685
commissions | closed
art trades | closed
coconutcoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SaltyBirb » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:30 pm

ssunbearr wrote:
    are you only interested in free programs? If not, I just got clip studio, and while I’m still getting used to it (I have the same problem as you, I’ve been using oekaki for so long, it’s weird to use another program), I think it’s actually pretty good! I’ve researched and a lot of people say that prefer it to photoshop, plus it’s pretty cheap. I have the best (and most expensive) version, which is $9 a month, around $70 a year, but there’s another version (Pro) that costs about $4 a month which I believe has a couple less versions than Ex (the “better” version). Basically, you actually get the first three months free, but you still have to enter your card info and everything. If you only want to test it out, they have a free version, but it is VERY limited, you can’t even save your art which I find pretty weird.

If you want the first three months free, technically, you can just get four months for $9 if you cancel before the second payment. I don’t think you can cancel if before the first payment but I may be wrong? Hopefully I’m explaining it well enough lol

It can be a little complicated but there are tutorials online! You can also message me, I’m no expert obviously, but someone on discord is helping me out so I could just ask them 😂

adgchgbsahc I don't mind your long post, I appreciate it!
I've seen lots of good reviews on csp for a long time now and I'm actually planning on buying it someday.
Maybe when there's a discount? 👀 agcadcs
wait I'm kind of confused atm cus I thought csp wasn't a subscription?? I'll have to check on that in a sec 😔
nvm there's actually two payment options ascbsjdhx one-time and monthly
I'll definitely ask for your help when I get it someday, tysm for the suggestion!!
SaltyBirb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coobleans » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:04 pm

Oo I use Ibis paint x
It's free and pretty easy to use in my opinion
Coobleans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paperjack. » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:06 pm

I really enjoy the brush selections for Krita and it's also free! Although, it does lag at times for my comp ooP and it can be sorta funky to figure out at first.
pj • she/he/they
paperjack.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby womp womp » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:08 pm

if you're looking for something free, medibang!! i don't use it but i believe it's one of, if not, the best free art program? :0 i have a friend that uses it and i heard it's pretty good!
    if you're willing to drop a few bucks, csp is really good like it was mentioned above! the brushes are super nice but you can get super overwhelmed since it has so many features LOL

i personally use sai 2 because of its simplicity and i've been using sai for a couple of years now! the features aren't as fancy as clip's but i dunno i just really like how crisp and smooth the lines are on sai ;')
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coconutcoyote » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:59 pm

SaltyBirb wrote:
ssunbearr wrote:

adgchgbsahc I don't mind your long post, I appreciate it!
I've seen lots of good reviews on csp for a long time now and I'm actually planning on buying it someday.
Maybe when there's a discount? 👀 agcadcs
wait I'm kind of confused atm cus I thought csp wasn't a subscription?? I'll have to check on that in a sec 😔
nvm there's actually two payment options ascbsjdhx one-time and monthly
I'll definitely ask for your help when I get it someday, tysm for the suggestion!!

of course, glad I could help!
whimsii#8685
commissions | closed
art trades | closed
coconutcoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OHHAILTHECHOOKOFLIFE » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:38 pm

I feel you, I've done school work on oekaki before and kicked myself.I too have gotten so used to chicken paint that I can't use any other program which is seriously a terrible thing when wanting to draw in high quality (wish we could change that)
I use clip studio paint when I need to draw something in good quality, I got it with my drawing tablet so I'll second that opinion. However it took a while for me to get used to with all it's fancy features lol

I'll also second medibang. I don't use medibang very often, more or less just for me to get used to other types of drawing programs but its really good too ^^ I find it much more simple than csp
Image Image Image
yap
Image Image
OHHAILTHECHOOKOFLIFE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby samㅤ » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:41 pm

not sure if you ever use an tablet (like ipad) or phone like so but just in case for anyone who does,
    Sketchbook is a really good, completely free drawing app, and has tons of tools

but i also understand the oekaki issue, i even downloaded it at one point and only used that lmao

he/they adult
    th ; samhains closed species
    hunger games kick semi-hiatus
    pierce the veil 06.2023 GHOST 08.2023
    signature art by acadicus and stormbird

samㅤ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SaltyBirb » Fri May 01, 2020 6:50 am

Coolbeansaj wrote:Oo I use Ibis paint x
It's free and pretty easy to use in my opinion

ohh!! I actually tried that before and it was very fun to use! I'll definitely come back to it though not as much since it's only available in my phone :"0

paperjack. wrote:
    I really enjoy the brush selections for Krita and it's also free! Although, it does lag at times for my comp ooP and it can be sorta funky to figure out at first.

Oh!! I've heard of it before but never seen its interface as well as how it works so I'll try downloading it and check it out :0
tysm for your suggestion ;3c

sehau wrote:i use medibang because i CANT afford anything else and downloading stuff makes me nervous !! :,)

!!!!
I've downloaded medibang before but I've never properly used it cus I felt overwhelmed by it. Nonetheless, I'll be sure to download it again and try it out on my computer if it's available there! I've only used it in my past ipad and phone asgcsdxh

Sapphireish wrote:
    if you're looking for something free, medibang!! i don't use it but i believe it's one of, if not, the best free art program? :0 i have a friend that uses it and i heard it's pretty good!
    if you're willing to drop a few bucks, csp is really good like it was mentioned above! the brushes are super nice but you can get super overwhelmed since it has so many features LOL

i personally use sai 2 because of its simplicity and i've been using sai for a couple of years now! the features aren't as fancy as clip's but i dunno i just really like how crisp and smooth the lines are on sai ;')

Gosh yea, medibang and csp are very popular but I've never used them properly :"0 I've used sai for art before but stopped and only used it for editing images. I heard about sai 2 and I'm def checking that out 👀👌

23. wrote:From my experience, Medibang is pretty good! I use both it and Sai, and I actually prefer Medibang in many respects.

ohh! there's a lot of medibang suggestions and I've seen tons of good reviews along with csp so I'll def check it out!!

OHHAILTHECHOOKOFLIFE wrote:I feel you, I've done school work on oekaki before and kicked myself.I too have gotten so used to chicken paint that I can't use any other program which is seriously a terrible thing when wanting to draw in high quality (wish we could change that)
I use clip studio paint when I need to draw something in good quality, I got it with my drawing tablet so I'll second that opinion. However it took a while for me to get used to with all it's fancy features lol

I'll also second medibang. I don't use medibang very often, more or less just for me to get used to other types of drawing programs but its really good too ^^ I find it much more simple than csp

sajchdsjcd oh we both deaded 😔 I feel like a fool man
I already knew that oekaki will butcher the quality but I still went through it aaaAAA
Overall, I've seen lots of people suggesting medibang for free program and csp for paid!
Def checking those out!

samㅤ wrote:
    not sure if you ever use an tablet (like ipad) or phone like so but just in case for anyone who does,
    Sketchbook is a really good, completely free drawing app, and has tons of tools

but i also understand the oekaki issue, i even downloaded it at one point and only used that lmao

oh! I think that was the very first art program I used other than using ms paint when I was a kid sahcvdghasx
It had a free program released way back when sketchbook was paid or something?? it's similar to sketchbook, not sure but that's what I used before, it's gone now though :((
It looks super nice and I'll be sure to try it out!! tysm!
SaltyBirb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me