Based on Click to view
Artist ajax. [gallery]
Time spent 21 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Helgrim - #47

Postby ajax. » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:59 am

π•¨π•–π•π•”π• π•žπ•– π•₯𝕠

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Enter the world of Helgrim!
Not many know what's behind those borders, not many hexes are brave enough to go past them.
The lands are dangerous, filled with deadly creatures than hunt your every move and dangerous prey that aren't so fearful as they used to be.
This is the land of the hexes! They are a colonizing species that calls most of this map home, and some are even strong enough to make it through the borders into the wilds.

Please only try out for this hex is you have a starter and are at least level 1, or don't have a starter

How does this hex feel about magic? Why do they feel that way? Did this view have an impact on their rank choice?
Min/max: minimum 150 words, no max but keep it rational
End Date: April 24th ar 8:59pm PST

Code: Select all
[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Rank[/b]:
[b]Storage Thread[/b]:

[b]Prompt[/b]:

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Username; Canary22
Name; Lycua
Gender; Female
Rank, Title & Level; Mage Hunter, Scavenger, Level 0
XP; 0
Storage Thread; xXx

Rarity; standard
Edits; n/a
Equipped Items; n/a

Genotype; HxHx//b1b1//Dd//Rmrm//FrFr//DnDn//SwSw
Build: Celer
Base: Blonde
Presented Genes:
    Dun
    Freckles
    Spiderwebs
    False eyes (non-gene)
Carried Genes:
    Ram
Last edited by ajax. on Thu May 28, 2020 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Helgrim - #47

Postby .sins. » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:59 am

Username: .sins.
Name: Amaterasu
Storage Thread: Watchers Of The Keep

Prompt:
      Amaterasu isn't sold on the idea that any cat has the power inside them. Or she doesn't. This is more or less so why she has chosen to be a hunter for her small group. Hunting doesn't require the powers needed to create magic, but rather, she can rely on her own natural power and abilities. Her only focus being on the power she can put into her own muscles and not having to worry about focusing on anything more and the energy flowing inside her. Not having to worry about practicing on dummies to not hurt others, as she can easily learn the hard way with her mistakes hunting, if she steps the wrong way. But she can't deny that those who can use magic are not to be messed with, on certain occasions, but those learning, sure do cause more harm than good. She is always willing to help anyone though and lend a helping paw and a few words of encouragement.
Last edited by .sins. on Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
-
-
.sins. | they/them | sagittarius
enfp-t | true nuetral | slytherin

-----

just a vet student trying to enjoy the
minimal amount of free time they have

-----

trade | sig art credit | pfp art credit
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfTales » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:49 pm

Username: WolfTales
Name: Flan
Storage Thread: Grave Diggers

Prompt:

Magic. It's what drives Flan. It makes him stronger, faster, feared. Before he knew how to use his magic he was bullied by those who could. Oh did he turn the tables on them as he trained. Fighting is the one thing Flan knows best and magic..well he can use it even if not very well. He views magic as a source of power and prestige. If you can use magic anyone who can't is weaker than you. Beating them in a fight is easy. Catching prey? Like stealing moss from a kit. But not everyone is worthy of their magic.

Flan when thinking about non-magic users, he sees them as weak. Vulnerable like a mouse in an open field. He didn't want to be like them, Flan wanted to be strong and rise in the ranks. Because of Flan's views on magic he learned to fight, especially when he learned he could use it.

With magic, you can do anything.

Wolftales ☾ β‚Š she/her β‹†Λš adult
═════════════════════
I have a bunch of Toyhouse codes
PM me if you want one ^^
═════════════════════
Toyhouse ☽.˚ ✩ ≽^β€’β©Šβ€’^β‰Ό .✧
WolfTales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gh0st » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:48 pm

Username: Gh0st
Name: Egypt
Storage Thread: The Kingdom Of Sand

Prompt: Egypt loves to practice their magic all the time, they mostly use it for battles,training,defense,exploring, anything!
Egypt learnt about magic when they were just a small hex, their father first taught them about the magic in this world and ever since that day Egypt learnt some magic,practiced it,used it until they became pretty skilled at it.
Most of the magic Egypt knows is used for fighting in some way, so Pyramid decided that they could be a useful Mage Fighter.
Egypt usually lies to others about how skilled they are at magic depending on who the hexes they talk to are. Sometimes they say they can't do magic and sometimes they say they're the best at magic.
Egypt uses sand to blind enemies by aiming it at their eyes and many other dirty tricks to make them seem much more advanced at using magic to others. [151 Words]
Image Image Image Image

Image\ImageImage ImageImage Image will probably redesign this at some point.
I have a TH but idk if i'll link it-
Gh0st

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:49 am

Username: Knickknacks
    Name: Reigan
    Storage Thread: Mistknoll Wanderers

Prompt:
      Riegan did not grow up with much contact with magic. His whole family was devoid of mages of any sort; joining the Wanderers as an adult proved to be something of a culture shock for the wiry fighter. Even long after Riegan has established himself and planted roots with the group, he maintains an almost childlike awe at the skill of his mage campmates. Despite the near otherworldliness of it all, however, he has come to view magic like a sort of muscle- something that mages have to train with in order to gain skill and strength. Not so different from wielding a sword or dagger after all, he supposes. In addition to his awe there is also a genuine respect for the discipline of the mages he knows.

And yet... Riegan himself is still thoroughly magicless, and that which he admires in the paws of one feels unwieldy in his own. If he finds himself with a temporary enhancement ward, courtesy of his magic compatriots... it feels, somehow, intangibly wrong. It feels like cheating. He does not, he has found, like the feeling of magic all that much, though he certainly appreciates its usefulness to others.

[197 words]
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ajax. » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:29 am

This competition has been extended to Wednesday April 29th at 8:59pm PDT so we can get more forms in :3
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coppercanary » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:39 am

Username: Canary22
Name: Lycua
Storage Thread: Guild of Thieves

Prompt:
Magic wasn’t a good thing in their life.
It was dishonest. Not what a true member should do with their abilities.
Magic was for the use of the lowest of the low, not for their family to tamper with.
Magic was cheating. Magic was lying. Magic was too powerful, magic was unfair, magic wasn’t true to the nature of hexes.
Magic was unnatural.
Yet, as Lycua looked around their city home for the first time, she found that hard to believe.

Magic was everywhere. It was amazing. All around her, hexes were creating wonderful things with magic. Some were sparring, one with eyes sharper than an eagle’s and claws as lethal as daggers, the other wearing what appeared to be a protective amulet, allowing him to avoid the other hex’s attacks with what seemed to be a never-ending stroke of luck. Street entertainers flipped into unusual forms of strange animals or changed the colours of inanimate objects, sometimes even changing the pelt colour of an audience member. A downtrodden stall advertised the healing of any ailment for only a small price, while the one next door offered to perform a visualisation of the near future for any client.

Uncertain of what to make of all this magic being used so liberally when they had been raised to believe it was inherently wrong, Lycua looked over at her sister, Daivat. Though the pair were young and had never been into the main city before, they both already had strong ideals about what the world should be like. Neither of them included magic. And sure enough, Daivat’s expression was sour, complete with a scowl and wrinkled nose. β€œI’m glad neither of us chose to study magic,” she stated. β€œIt’s so bright. I can’t see how any of us would really need it, if we tried our best at what we do without it. Pa was right when he said it wasn’t for the noble hexes to practice.”
Lycua nodded her agreement, but she wasn’t as sure as her sister was on what magic should be.

It had been many cycles since the pair had first met magic. They had parted ways with their parents but agreed to stay together in their travels. Over time, Daivat had become even more skeptical of magic and those who used it, while Lycua’s admiration for the skills of mages only grew. So when a cool, dry winter and hot, dryer summer overtook their home village, making the usually scarce prey even harder to find, Lycua knew what she had to do.

The ground was dry and dusty beneath her paws as Lycua made her way across the village. All the residents looks tired and thin, as one could expect in a time of hunger, yet today it hurt her more than ever to see everyone in such a state. Could she really help anything by following through with what her heart to do? There was no harm in trying, surely.

Her fur pricked as she entered the den. She felt as though the air was whispering to her, telling her warnings in a language nobody could understand. The earth seemed to be pushing in on her, constricting her breathing, but still she pressed on. Finally she reached the main chamber, padding over to the ancient hex sitting serenely in the centre. A tome was laid out at his paws and he was quietly chanting incantations under his breath, though Lycua could not see any effect they might have. He eyed her with an unreadable expression. β€œYou have come.”
β€œYes. Do you know why?”
He paused briefly, closed his eyes and took a deep breath. β€œNo.”
Lycua felt her chest constrict. This was it. There was no telling whether her family would still accept her after hearing of this. After all, it was dishonourable, wasn’t it? Dishonest, unnatural, cheating, not the way of hexes? Not to her, it wasn’t.

β€œI want you to teach me magic.”

// canary // they/them // ecology student //

hey! the name’s canary, i like to draw
things i enjoy are cats (esp genetics),
reading, dragons, and birds
// artfight // toyhouse // click the babas //

coppercanary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ajax. » Wed May 27, 2020 5:02 pm

Canary22 wrote:Username: Canary22
Name: Lycua
Storage Thread: Guild of Thieves

Prompt:
Magic wasn’t a good thing in their life.

-snip-

β€œI want you to teach me magic.”

sorry about the wait! I totally didn’t forget about this TuT I loved the characterization and development used here! Enjoy Lycua!
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coppercanary » Wed May 27, 2020 9:37 pm

thank you so much!!

// canary // they/them // ecology student //