Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

pretty bird by TheBigGay

Artist TheBigGay [gallery]
Time spent 24 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

pretty bird

Postby TheBigGay » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:55 am

ok i know a lot of bird lovers are gonna hate me for what im gonna say

i would love to get a cockatoo

i have started to like birds a lot (i used to be scared of them as a kid so i never really gave them a chance) and i kinda really want one now specifically a cockatoo, and i know nearly everyone who knows about birds know they are difficult birds but i would love to have one someday, they are known to be really affectionate birds and i have a love for affectionate animals (the only animals i know im interested in are all affectionate, rats, dogs and certain birds like this one) but i know i would most likely have to wait till i have money to cover all costs, most likely my own place and most likely a air purifier since birds have dander that can be a danger for me, the bird and any animals or people i may have living with me at the time. it all just depends on what the future holds, if i can get any of the stuff i need or if i even want a bird anymore by that time or if i would just like a different bird

i used a random pic from google images as ref Image

please dont hunt me down bird lovers-
TheBigGay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwiis » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:18 am

cockatoos are wild lol

if you do plan on getting one in the future i suggest you start with smaller birds, such as budgies. they are a lot less difficult than the bigger birds and they're a great start for getting into birds. i have 3 and they're so cute! but they can be pretty loud lol. i'd just suggest you do a lot of research on the birds you want to get though.

anyways this drawing is amazing!
kiwiis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby TheBigGay » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:51 am

kiwiis wrote:cockatoos are wild lol

if you do plan on getting one in the future i suggest you start with smaller birds, such as budgies. they are a lot less difficult than the bigger birds and they're a great start for getting into birds. i have 3 and they're so cute! but they can be pretty loud lol. i'd just suggest you do a lot of research on the birds you want to get though.

anyways this drawing is amazing!

i have done a ton of research on different types of birds (its my hobby to look up info on different animals especially ones that interest me) and i plan on doing much more through my entire life since i want to look into doing some sort of work with animals in the future, i know a lot of people say to start with budgies but i think i would feel bad about it as budgies have never really interested me much ( im also not big on their size in case i accidentally hurt it since it looks so small and delicate ) so i fear i wont be so in love with them and it would be weird to only have one just as a starter bird idk (although i am pretty impressed with budgies due to the fact the bird who had the largest vocabulary was a budgie) but i wouldnt mind maybe looking into a cockatiel as they seem a bit bigger and i do like them quite a bit ( they are very pretty and seem to be more open to affection than most budgies not to mention i wouldn't mind having a whistling partner as i love to whistle also noise does not bother me as im already use to lots of noise )

also thank you!
TheBigGay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me