Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Hunter's Woods #280 by hellevi

Based on Click to view
Artist hellevi [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 26 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Hunter's Woods #280

Postby hellevi » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:52 am

Main thread
To adopt you must either have a founder and be level 1. Or, you can adopt this one as your founder!

number three
the butterfly is their pal. give me some creative writing involving the two of them. free range on this one, go wild!
ends april 25th at 11 pm edt.

Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]cat name:[/b]
[b]link to thread: [/b]
[b]prompt:[/b]
Last edited by hellevi on Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
hellevi
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hunter's Woods #280

Postby Wet Bread » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:24 am

username: Wet Bread
cat name: Elfaria
link to thread: Rusted Daemons
prompt:
"You can bring her back! You have to!" Elfaria begged desperately. Wisp was listening to her pleas, but only just barely. He turned his head away, refusing to acknowledge her with his gaze.

"I may be a necromancer, but I can't work miracles." He told her coldly. "You need to face it, your sister is gone."

"But you can raise the dead, I don't understand why you can't bring Mari back!" Elfaria argued. She couldn't lose her sister, she needed her!

"I can't just raise the dead into their perfect former bodies." Wisp informed her. "I can only raise skeletons unless I place their souls into an easier vessel."

"Then do that!" Elfaria shot back. "I don't care how you bring her back, I just want my sister." Wisp gave her a long, judgmental look and Elfaria stared right back, her gaze rigid. Finally, Wisp sighed and turned to his storage, pulling out a small dried butterfly. He set the still creature gently on the ground between them.

"This is the best I'll be able to do." he told her. Elfaria nodded eagerly.

"Okay. Fine." She responded. She no longer cared what form her sister took, she'd be able to feel her presence even in that tiny butterfly. Wisp closed his eyes and spoke some words Elfaria didn't understand, one paw placed on the butterfly. With a start, the butterfly fluttered to life, taking to the air and landing directly on Elfaria's nose. She laughed with glee. That was her! This was Mari.

She left Wisp's den, practically prancing as the butterfly fluttered around her, landing on her occasionally. As time passed, Elfaria didn't have a doubt in her mind that the butterfly was her sister. She spent day after day happily with butterfly Mari. Her sister followed her everywhere, often clinging to Elfaria's pelt. She was very happy, but that happiness was short lived.

One morning Elfaria awoke to a horrible sight. The butterfly, her sister, lay still on the ground next to her. Horrified, Elfaria took Mari back to Wisp to beg him to bring her back again.

"I can't." Wisp answered. "This vessel is too small to hold your sister's soul, she'll just die right away again. You're making her suffer more than she has to, let her move on."

Elfaria blinked away the tears as she held the butterfly close to her.

"I understand." She responded finally, choking back a sob. Really she didn't understand anything, all she wanted was her sister back.

Elfaria dragged her paws back to her den, feeling more miserable than ever. Quietly, she slipped the butterfly beside her nest as she laid down for bed, dreaming of a world where she had her sister back, even if in the form of a butterfly.

Elfaria awoke to feel peaceful, strangely. The butterfly still lay dead on the ground next to her but Elfaria now felt it in her heart, her sister's soul never could have been contained in that one butterfly. Elfaria exited her den feeling heavy and light at the same time. Elfaria froze as soon as her paws touched the ground outside. There was a butterfly, poised on the ground, flapping its wings slowly. Another butterfly landed gently on Elfaria's shoulder, settling atop her. Elfaria looked up to see a countless number of butterflies scattering the nearby scenery. Of course, she thought, my sister's soul couldn't be held by a single butterfly, but multiple...

From then on, Elfaria was never seen without at least one butterfly trailing her wherever she went.
Last edited by Wet Bread on Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

She/they | feel free to call me Wet or Save | Just quietly existing
eternal favorite person
Wet Bread

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .sins. » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:08 am

username: .sins.
cat name: Dances with Butterfly
link to thread: Rapid Mountain Warriors
prompt:
      wip
-
-
-
.sins. | they/them | sagittarius
enfp-t | true nuetral | slytherin

-----

just a vet student trying to enjoy the
minimal amount of free time they have

-----

trade | sig art credit | pfp art credit
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ataraxic_gone » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:25 am

username: ataraxic_king
    cat name: LilacHymn
    link to thread: Tacenda
    prompt:
    It had been a warm morning, a heat blanketing the area as any trace of the morning mildew was long gone, making up the clouds in the sky. Amongst the reeds of the mire two she-cats made quiet conversation, watching as the strange caterpillar of yesterday became the butterfly of tomorrow.

"If you make a wish upon a hatching butterfly that wish will come true if the butterfly makes it's first flight safely."

Lilac's sister had declared those words with a vigour and grin that couldn't be matched. Even if Lilac silently doubted her it was hard to take away from the fact that her sister truly did believe it to be true. She couldn't fault her sister for believing in something. Everyone needed something sometimes.
    --

The war between the two sides had left the sisters split a part and in the absence of her sisters company Lilac had turned to nostalgia to get her by each day. Facing the consequences of sticking by her mate was something she had to do everyday and with each passing day her hope waned that a peaceful reunion between the two sides would ever be possible.

It was on one of those days that a butterfly caught her sight- or to be more specific a cocoon. It was filled with bright colour and the part of herself that she fed reminded her of that time when they were younger. Watching as the butterfly left it's cocoon for the first time LilacHymn squinted her eyes, wishing upon the insect that the two clans could be reunited once more.

She opened them in time to see the butterfly cast astray by a strong breeze. Instinct and faith in a childish belief lead Lilac to react fast, sticking her face forward to catch the butterfly upon her forehead. As the breeze stilled the butterfly began to slowly flex it's wings and Lilac let out a sigh. It would be safe- she promised herself that. It would take a lot of effort but she would brute force this superstition to give her what she wanted most; her family back.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellevi » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:38 am

extended to april 25th at 11 pm edt!
hellevi
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /nyx. » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:43 pm

username: bmkmb
cat name: Hisha
link to thread: Hawker's Isle
prompt:

It was a quiet day. She was out in the meadow and it was spring, so the weather was more or less beautiful. A gentle breeze blew across the flowers and Hisha cherished the feeling of wind ruffling her fur.

The forest was thick where she came from. She rarely felt the wind, but she had a different reason for being out in the meadow.

"They say that the hardest thing to tame is a monarch," Hisha murmured, "because before they start to follow you, they need a sign of trust."

A small, orange butterfly alighted on the tip of her nose and Hisha smiled. Coming so close to an unfamiliar cat and, in return, the cat didn't chase it away - from both parties, that was trust.

The graceful insect took to the air once again, but it stayed close, never fluttering too far away from Hisha.

A soft purr escaped her throat. She did it - she tamed the hardest one of all, with trust and a bit of patience.

"Thank you for staying with me. That's my little monarch."
/nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellevi » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:57 pm

so sorry for the delay in judging, this cat totally slipped my mind! congrats to wet bread<3
hellevi
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wet Bread » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:59 pm

Thank you so much! I can't wait to write her into my group!

She/they | feel free to call me Wet or Save | Just quietly existing
eternal favorite person
Wet Bread

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me