Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

this just in: I feel things. neat by Knickknacks

Artist Knickknacks [gallery]
Time spent 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

this just in: I feel things. neat

Postby Knickknacks » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:39 pm

this took way too long bc writing on oekaki is a Challenge for me. I was using a laptop mousepad shjgdf

- - - - - - - - - - - -

This whole period of self-quarantine has been kinda wack, hasn't it?

I started off just wanting to draw a goofy cat and it turned into an outpouring of my emotions. There are things I'm sad about- I miss people, and I hope my loved ones are staying safe, and I'm sad because there are things I wanted to do and had hoped to do that are kinda. rendered null now, y'know?

But I was also thinking of how I have a lot to be grateful for. I miss my friends irl, but I've been having great laughs with my discord bros (pond buddies... ily all). I've been in a good spot with my art. I've had extra time to read some great books. I'm still able to run (NGL that's my Single social event of the day- when I see people?? biking/running/driving/etc I'm like "iS THAT SOMEONE I KNOW??? HI!") and get outside. I've been seeing families spending time together that they... probably wouldn't otherwise bc work and school, and though things are kind of scary and uncertain, it's still. nice. heartwarming.

Plus people are doing adorable things to keep busy. The trend in my neighborhood has been outlining shapes with stray pinecones. I have seen a seal, a rabbit, an easter egg, a rocket, a castle, and a bunch of hearts. so cute

AND THIS IS A REALLY LONG WAY OF SAYING that just. I'm grateful, y'know? Things are uncertain, but that doesn't negate the good that still exists. I've been walking around in a consistent state of Strong Emotions today and wanted to just jot this down while it was on my mind. Don't forget that. This will pass. It will, crazy as it seems right now.

Stay safe, everyone. <3
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me