Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

v2 surveillance raptor by Raptocidic

Artist Raptocidic [gallery]
Time spent 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

v2 surveillance raptor

Postby Raptocidic » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:13 am

I hope people like lore i will make a similar sketch for v1, v3 and v4. I have plans for v5 but they're not ready to share yet.

The basic appearance of a v2 surveillance raptor.
V2 offered a more dynamic appearance than the clunky v1 and had some updated tech. The physical structure was rather similar to v1 although a spike was addded to the back foot and the foot was smaller than v1. Some were feathered, some were not. Many later models of v2 (particularly v2.3) were given a protective armour disguised as a thick or hard skin instead of feathers as rhe public found the feathered or even fluffy (they experimented with fur during v2.1 and 2.2) versions adorable. The cute factor helped with a good public image, but weren't very good at being intimidating when they needed to be. Other versions of v2 experimented with fins and frills and some changed the body structure slightly to accommodate for extra features.

V2 had 3 basic sizes, small, medium and large. Medium size was slightly larger than the average v1, standing slightly taller than the average human (which in the setting is roughly 6'6" tall) and slightly shorter than the average tausalien (who stand at about 8 feet tall, although their size varies depending on the subspecies). Small was much smaller, standing at around 3 feet high, although this was changed to 4 feet in v2.5, v2.6 and 2.7. Large stood at 15 feet at first (v2.0) but was changed to be 12 feet (v2.1-2.4) and then 10 feet from 2.5 onwards. The largest complete v2 ever created stood at 16'7". Larger versions had been considered but many early prototypes had balancing problems amongst other issues.

At the time of v2s release they only replaced broken v1s and for a while were simply an addition to the hivemind. However about a year in and the v1 models started disappearing, with only a few survivors who had somehow managed to disconnect themselves from the hivemind and had escaped the system. These individuals were likely assisted by citizens, either rogue individuals who did not agree with the replacement of the old versions or members of the secret society who at the time had started to disconnect surveillance raptors for unknown reasons.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me