Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Quill Quest II | Open! by Dia.

Based on Click to view
Artist Dia. [gallery]
Time spent 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Dia.

by Dia.

by Dia.

by Dia.

by Dia.

by Dia.

by Dia.

by Dia.

Quill Quest II | Open!

Postby Dia. » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:45 am

Lore wrote:For many, many moons, a lonely hedgehog roamed the Earth. She traversed the continents, climbed the highest peaks, swam to the deepest depths, and drew clouds and constellations across the skies. She battled fierce monsters and tamed wild beasts. As time passed, however, her journeys began to feel trivial with no one to share them.
    And so, the lonely hedgehog began to collect souvenirs: leaves, pebbles, beetles, anything that called to her. She breathed life into her souvenirs, creating mighty hedgehogs to found expansive empires.
    The empires prospered, and the lonely hedgehog was not so lonely anymore. She called her mighty founders to her side and, after deciding that her work on Earth was complete, built her own empire among the stars for the gods and heroes that would come next.

Quill Quest is a creative adoptable focused on character development, hedgehogs, and building the world that they inhabit. You are encouraged to interact with other community members and construct a thriving hedgehog empire.
We strive to be an open-minded, welcoming community where anyone and everyone will feel comfortable and happy.

Have fun, and may your colonies prosper.

Note: While based on real hedgehogs, Quill Quest hedgehogs live much longer (average 10 years) and show a more flexible range of colors/patterns.

Just a little over two months later, Quill Quest is coming back! Aiming to get it rebooted in the next few days. The goal is that Quill Quest II will be self-regulated and open-ended with little staff involvement.
        Welcome to Quill Quest II's soft opening! Still probably working some things out, but I wanted to release some designs. The artist search is also up and running as an ongoing thing.
        We are fully open now, including Customs/MYOs and Deities!
(Background by denja)
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Quill Quest | Soon!

Postby Dia. » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:02 am

Dia. - Founder

Rules may be changed as necessary. Your participation with the adopts indicates that you agree to the terms stated below.

Basic
        - Be respectful. Harassing or disrespectful behaviors as well as causing drama may result in a ban.
        - I retain the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, without explanation.
        - If a user is banned from either CS or the species, their hedgehogs will be declared deceased. The user may use the character but will NOT be allowed to use the official Quill Quest reference anymore.
          (A ban from Quill Quest may be the result of heavy disruption in the community or species rule-breaking.)

Art/Design
        - Give credit when credit is due
        - Do not use the original reference for purposes other than for Quill Quest (Please only post it on CS, Toyhouse, or artfight with proper credit.)
        - Do not edit the original reference in any way, including adding scars, accessories, etc
        - Hedgehogs should remain quadruped for use within Quill Quest, but may be bipedal outside of Quill Quest

Participation
        - You must maintain a thread/storage (on CS or Toyhouse) for your hedgehogs
        - In order to adopt more hedgehogs after your first, you need to have proof that your colony has been claimed
        - Users under COPPA restrictions may get their first hedgehog, but unfortunately will not be able to level up until their restrictions are lifted due to the necessity of maintaining a colony home and posting on the boards.

Transfers
        - Quill Quest hedgehogs may not be sold or traded for anything other than another Quill Quest hedgehog.
        - Quill Quest hedgehogs may be gifted if the old owner has claimed their colony
        - When a transfer/trade is completed, both the new and old owner must post on the hedgehog's thread.

Deceased Hedgehogs
        - A hedgehog will be labeled deceased after their owner posts on their thread or after the owner is banned.
        - Deceased hedgehogs owned by active users may continue to be used for story purposes (ancestors, ghosts, etc)
        - Deceased hedgehogs may be used as a character outside of Quill Quest if the original artwork is not used
        - Deceased hedgehogs may not be traded/transferred

Outside of CS/Quill Quest
        - To reiterate, official Quill Quest references may only be posted on CS, toyhouse, or artfight with proper credit.
        - You must use different artwork if you are using the character outside of CS or outside of Quill Quest
        - Quill Quest hedgehogs may not be sold/traded/transferred outside of Quill Quest
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Quill Quest II | Soon! Do not Post!

Postby Dia. » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:42 am

Step One: Get your first hedgehog
        - You may earn your first hedgehog through adoption or order a custom/myo if they are available

** If you were part of the original Quill Quest, your hedgehogs are automatically considered part of Quill Quest II.

Step Two: Create a Home and Claim your Colony (Example)
        - You may use CS or toyhouse, but anything you use must be allowed to be posted on CS
        - Your home may be organized however is easiest for you as long as the following information is posted clearly at the top of the page as proof of your claim:
                    Code: Select all
                    Colony Name:
                    Link to Founder:
                    Date Claimed:

- Please link to the original adoption pages of each hedgehog in your colony.

Step Three: Have fun
        - Develop characters
        - World build
        - Earn deity tickets

- Paid customs will be available to add hedgehogs to your colony on the Custom Thread.
      - You can order a custom from an artist or purchase a MYO ticket from Dia.
      - Hedgehogs not made by Quill Quest staff must be approved.
      - You may only get one custom per month. This resets on the first.
      - Customs must follow normal hedgehog color/pattern guidelines

- Not available at this time
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:01 am

- You may redeem your deity after earning a deity ticket
      - Tickets may be earned every three months.
      - Deity tickets are earned/redeemed on the Deity Thread.
      - You may promote an existing hedgehog, order a custom, or create your own deity

Types
        "Ascended" - for heroes, demigods, etc. This is the only type that is available to existing hedgehogs.

"Light" - for gods/goddesses, spirits, etc

"Dark" - for the baddies

"Hedgeboar" - for heroes, gods/goddesses, mythological beings, etc
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:02 am

What if I was part of the original Quill Quest?
        If you were part of the original Quill Quest, your hedgehogs are automatically considered part of Quill Quest II.

What do the symbols in the top left mean?
        The top left box is a face reference to show the far side of the hedgehog's face design. The star is for "ascended," (deities, heroes, etc) hedgehogs.

Can I use NPCs or other characters in my colony?
        Yes, but you may not trade official Quill Quest hedgehogs for other characters. Quill Quest Hedgehogs may only be traded for other hedgehogs on the Quill Quest art.

Can my hedgehogs be related/be related to other members' hedgehogs?
        Yes! You are encouraged to interact with others!

Where is the archive
        There is no archive.

Can my hedgehogs have powers?
        Sure!

Can my hedgehogs have accessories?
        Yes, but keep in mind accessories will not be added to the official reference. You'll have to draw your own reference.

Can my hedgehogs have scars?
        Yes, but keep in mind scars will not be added to the official reference. You'll have to draw your own reference.

If I quit Quill Quest can I keep my hedgehogs?
        If you quit Quill Quest or CS (or are banned), you may keep your hedgehogs but may no longer use official Quill Quest art. Your hedgehogs will be marked deceased.

How realistic do hedgehog designs need to be? How realistic is Quill Quest?
        While based on real hedgehogs, Quill Quest hedgehogs live much longer (average 10 years) and show a more flexible range of colors/patterns. Hedgehogs should remain quadruped, but most other world building (tools, biology, etc) is up to you.

For regular adopts, founders, and customs, hedgehog designs are reminiscent of what is typically seen on real "African Pygmy" hedgehogs.
        Milestones may stretch the truth (natural traits, but not seen on hedgehogs ie merle) or be rarely seen on real hedgehogs.
        Deities may be unnatural colors and patterns.

Please see the color guide for more information.
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:03 am

Most of these were taken from the original Quill Quest thread and are BY NO MEANS required.
      These are for inspiration/ideas, if you choose to use them.
      If you have ideas to be added to the list, let me know!

- Describe (written) your colony's location/environment
      - Describe how your colony was founded
      - Draw or commission a portrait of your founder
      - Describe your founder's personality
      - Describe your founder's history
      - Describe how your founder met your second or third hedgehog
      - Describe how your colony will structure its hierarchy and roles within the society
      - Draw or describe a scene including one of your hedgehogs interacting with the environment
      - Draw or describe a scene where your founder interacts with another colony member
      - Describe how your colony interacts with the world around it (may include neighbors)
      - Describe at least one tradition that your colony has
      - Describe how your colony's inhabitants support the colony and themselves (food? currency? trade? etc)
      - Describe dangers your colony typically faces
      - Draw or describe a scene including some sort of large colony gathering
      - Describe how your colony interacts with the main Quill Quest Lore
      - Describe your first deity/hero (what do they represent? what did they do? etc)
      - Describe a disaster that your colony overcame (may be historic)
      - Draw or commission a portrait for a hedgehog that does not have one yet
      - Describe the personality of a hedgehog that does not have one yet
      - Write a myth/story that involves at least one of your deities
      - Describe an aspect of your colony/setting that has not yet been described OR Draw a scene of your choice
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:03 am

reserved