Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Greely by Swirlshine

Artist Swirlshine [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Greely

Postby Swirlshine » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:01 pm

I saw a couple people on here had been drawing some Animal Jam characters recently, and that awoke my AJ roots and there was no turning back. XD

I'm not very active on Animal Jam anymore, but MAN, was that game my childhood. It's where I spent a large amount of time every day decorating dens and animals, roleplaying, and talking to people, and it's even how I met my current 4 best friends! <3 And back in my AJ-obsessed days, Greely was my all-time favorite Alpha, and he still is! I'm not joking when I say I LOVED the edgy boyo - I drew fanart of him, played all the adventures with him in it and was super happy when he made an appearance in them, and even wrote a fanfiction about his past life that, to this day, remains unfinished. It'd be fun to remake it one day, actually. But yeah, I adored him - maybe to the point where I had a weird fictional-character crush on him, tbh? Who knows, XD. I really do have a thing grumpy, seemingly cold characters who are still definitely loyal and have lots of emotions hidden deep down.

But anyway, since I used to draw him so much back in the day, I decided to go ahead and draw him again now that I've improved so much, and WOW, am I pleased with the result!!! He technically has more of a beard, but eh, I don't really like drawing those, and this IS him in my own style, so he gets a small, scruffy beard instead! Consider yourself lucky, Greely. C;<
(Also, MAN, this guy has gone through a lot of offcial redesigns, more than I originally thought, actually! Can you believe he looked like this once?!)

Personal headcanons of mine about him, just for fun:
- The gems on his cuffs are typically blue, but turn red when he's using his magic (got this one because his gems used to be red!).
- He wears what is actually a tail brace, due to an accident he had when he was younger. The tail never fully healed, so he still uses the brace to this day. Most people (or animals, in this case) just think it's for looks.
- The Alphas were all given their powers due to Alpha Stones. Greely originally had brighter, purer magic, but he was able to minorly corrupt his Stone, giving him stronger, darker powers, but ones that were still permitted, as they weren't evil and Greely argued that using some of the Phantoms' magic against them could give Jamaa a much bigger advantage.
- He holds a deep-rooted, personal hatred for Phantoms, as they killed both his mother and best friend at different times in his life. This is why he chooses to do everything in his power to get rid of them.

Timer is a bitttt off, but overall decently close to how much time it really took! And Greely and his design belong to Wildworks!

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Greely

Postby Ja986 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:28 am

Woahhh this brought back so many memoriesss! We should do a animal jam reunion with all of us sometime and do some adventures or something! :O
I love this so much!! Yes sir lil Edgy boy c: I always liked Greely a lot also but at times he would annoy me but then I'd go right back to loving him again XD AWESOME JOB ON THIS ONE SWIRL! The creepy shadows make it look all the more better!!
✞ I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it.
I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." And He stretched his arms on the arms on the cross and died. ✞

Silence is our enemy, our voices can end it.
Ja986

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Kira Nightblade. » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:53 am

AHH THIS IS AMAZING! (YOU'VE IMRPOVED SO MUCH AS I COMPARE IT TO YOUR OLD GREELY ART FROM AJ OM O.O)
Like just how
how
how
I love his expression c:
(also those handcannons are really cool and creative and should be considered cannon.)
vibin
Sae the Fae#6926 on discord
.Kira Nightblade.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:08 am

holy cannoli you're improving so dang fast what?! :shock: This looks so great aah! <3
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swirlshine » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:27 am

Ja986 wrote:Woahhh this brought back so many memoriesss! We should do a animal jam reunion with all of us sometime and do some adventures or something! :O
I love this so much!! Yes sir lil Edgy boy c: I always liked Greely a lot also but at times he would annoy me but then I'd go right back to loving him again XD AWESOME JOB ON THIS ONE SWIRL! The creepy shadows make it look all the more better!!

Ohhhh my gosh, YES!! That’d be so fun! 🥰

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! <33 And haha, yeah, Greely’s one of those characters for sure! Like I said though, I seem to have a thing for them! 😂

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swirlshine » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:29 am

.Kira Nightblade. wrote:AHH THIS IS AMAZING! (YOU'VE IMRPOVED SO MUCH AS I COMPARE IT TO YOUR OLD GREELY ART FROM AJ OM O.O)
Like just how
how
how
I love his expression c:
(also those handcannons are really cool and creative and should be considered cannon.)

AWWWW, THANK YOUUUU SARAH 🥺❤️❤️ (also WHAT, really?! You think so?! ;-; I came up with them pretty much on-the-spot tbh, so thank youuuuuu again!! <33 I’m actually pretty fond of them too c:)

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swirlshine » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:29 am

J-and-K341 wrote:holy cannoli you're improving so dang fast what?! :shock: This looks so great aah! <3

GAH, what, you think so??!! Thank you so much, that’s a huge compliment to me! 😭❤️

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby twenty øne pilots » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:26 am

I used to spend all my day too on Animal Jam too :)
He looks amazing! He was my favorite alpha too
┌───────────────┐

"Don't think about the one
reason why it won't work out.
Think about one reason why it will."

└───────────────┘

┌──────┐

└──────┘
xxxxx
┌─────────────────────────┐

Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
twenty øne pilots

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lostfairy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:55 am

AhhHhHhHh, sWIRL!
THIS LOOKS SO SO GOOD, WHAT THE HECKKKKK?!!!!

I'm fangirling so hard! I love this so much!! It's amazing seeing you draw AJ fanart again, your style has really developed and grown. You've improved a lot and you are growing every time you draw. ;_;
All the little details, smooth line art, perfect colors... man. You're such an amazing artist. <3

Random things I admire about this piece: THE CLOAK SHADING. It's so ripply and perfectttt, dude. x_x <3
HIS SCRUFFY CHIN. <3 I wouldn't have added his beard either, haha! The scruff gives him that rougher, grouchier feel which is absolutely Greely!
Your use of the airbrush around his feet is so nice, I love the purple and it really gives of a dark misty look. <3

Okay, and your headcanons for Greely are SOOOO GOOD. That part about him and the Phantoms killing his mom and best friend - that is so so good and sad but SO GOOD. ;__; I agree with Kira, these should be canon!
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swirlshine » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:18 pm

Cïnder wrote:I used to spend all my day too on Animal Jam too :)
He looks amazing! He was my favorite alpha too

Aw, haha, thank you! ❤️ Glad to find more Greely fans out there c;

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me