Based on Click to view
Artist hellevi [gallery]
Time spent 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Hunter's Woods #212

Postby hellevi » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:28 am

Main thread
To adopt you must either have a founder and be level 1. Or, you can adopt this one as your founder!

flower child
tell me what this flower means to them and why they always keep it on them in a minimum of 100 words and max 500 words.
ends march 21st at 5 pm est!

Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]cat name:[/b]
[b]link to thread: [/b]
[b]prompt:[/b]
hellevi
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hunter's Woods #212

Postby clouds-move-on » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:48 am

username: Raincloud the 33rd
cat name: Alice Bencarlo
link to thread: Farview
prompt:
She doesn't always keep it on her - but she used to.

Alice met him in the springtime. She hadn't known who he was - that he was the son of the monarch. He was simply passing along pink flowers, joyfully tossing them to upon every person he passed. When he reached he laughed loudly and she nearly shrieked in surprise when this young man came an placed it by her ear. "A lovely flower for a lovely maiden!"

It was a mixed first impression of what would, someday, be the love of her life. For one he'd rudely jumped in front of her uninvited - on the other hand, he was so apologetic when he noticed her surprise. The flowers, not just his but all around them, were fragrant, and the sun was shining, casting golden rays through the leaves. Their faces were dappled in the beams, and in the distance a chorus was singing.

In this moment she was drawn to him. Even as they bid farewell, she felt she had something left to say. She would search for him - they'd meet a full month later at a gathering. She learned that he was Lamberto Bencarlo, one of the noblemen. He felt out of her reach then - and yet, he wasn't. He recognized her among all the people and they danced for hours.

This flower, the one she has now, is not the same exact one. When they started courting, he collected as many of the same flowers as possible to give her, until her house was full of his flowers. And when he wasn't with her she'd sit among them and smell the fragrance - and remember the day they met - and would daydream about their coming wedding.

He finally gave her the persevered flower the night their only son was born. He was away on urgent business but upon a call to him that his wife had had a child he had hurried homeward. She awoke with her child cradled beside her to find Lamberto had placed the flower over her ears and was crying for joy.

Since then, she'd wear it almost always, tucked by her ear. Her son was given the same name as his father - and flower became a symbol for both the days the two most important people in her life came to her.

However, one of these lives was cut short - a call, one morning. It was an accident - a hunting accident, while he was away on another of his trips. A group nearby where her husband was walking hadn't the slightest clue he was there - he was caught in the fire. His death was instantaneous. When her son, now grown into a fine young man, told her this, Alice felt the ground give way. In a faint she fell down the stairs, and the flower fell from her ear.

Since then she doesn't like to look at it. Her son keeps it instead.
Perhaps, when the pain subsides, it'll hold only good memories again.
Last edited by clouds-move-on on Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ruethefangirl » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:59 am

username: ruethefangirl
cat name: Valora
link to thread: N/A - founder
prompt:
The exchange ceremony took place every 12 moons, and she was excited that she was finally old enough to participate! What would it be like to spend a whole fortnight with a different clan? Would it be scary? Would the other cats be rude? What if the prey they ate was totally different than theirs? What was their territory like? Were the young cats that were coming to stay with her clan thinking the same things as her? Valora didn't get much sleep the night before because she just couldn't stop thinking about it. Her uncle had been part of the exchange when he was her age, but he refused to tell her anything. "You'll have to see what it's like for yourself,"He meowed, whiskers twitching. "Be safe, Valora. Make sure you do everything they tell you. Don't be rude. And most importantly, have fun, dear," said her mother. They exchanged goodbyes, and Valora left with the other apprentices, quivering with excitement.
"I heard they eat fish the size of foxes!" Murmured one apprentice.
"I heard they use berries to change their pelt color."
"I wonder if they praise Starclan for their catches like we do?"
"Quiet, now. We're almost to the meeting point," meowed her leader, Bright Sky. "I want you to make a good impression on them so that we can continue this tradition for further moons. Is that clear?"
"Yes, Bright Sky."
"Good." Bright Sky led them to the top of the hill where Cherryclan's leader, Petalstar, was waiting with her cats. "Hello, Petalstar. Glad to see you are well. I promise to treat your clan mates as our own while they are with us."
"Thank you, Bright Sky. Yours as well. I hope they enjoy their time with us." Petalstar led Valora and the other three young cats to her camp.
Valora's eyes were wide with amazement. Cherryclan's territory was beautiful! Their trees were covered in pink flowers. Petals fell to the ground like rain, and a beautiful creak with a waterfall flowed right through their camp. Petalstar explained that their ranks had both "fishers" and "catchers" whose jobs were to hunt either fish or birds. Petalstar had someone show them how to fish one day. Another day they got to see how Cherryclan used berries to create special markings during their warrior ceremony, which was much different than theirs. Once, they played a game with the kits that she had never heard of! Valora had so much fun and made so many new friends. It opened her eyes to new ways of doing things that she never would have though of before! She never wanted to forget her journey to Cherryclan, so she took a flower with her.
Last edited by ruethefangirl on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Hi! I'm Rue, or Teeny c:
I'm sorta bad at responding but
feel free to message me anyway XD My PMs
are open if you wanna rant, chat about
fandoms or just talk about your day!
My main fandoms are: The Good Place,
Percy Jackson (HoO), She-ra, ATLA.

Storkies | Vargs
*Note* The art in my
ruethefangirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby metanoia. » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:20 am

username: luca rayne.
cat name: violet
link to thread: [url]whispclan[/url] - on mobile
prompt: m a r k i
note;; acro owes me a baby seal
metanoia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:51 am

username: knickknacks
cat name: Evelyn "Eve" Brightplume
link to thread: Oakarch Court
prompt:
    The flower is a symbol, for her and for others. Despite the violence that has unfortunately been common in the Court- sparked by the High Lord’s death- Evelyn is an island of calm amidst it all. Even-tempered and patient, she serves as a doctor for the Court, a more lowly station perhaps, but one she is content with.

The flower, a token from her garden, holds no medicinal value, unlike the herbs which take up most of the plot outside her ground-level hollow. But it was a small indulgence she took, a tiny bit of beauty, that little clump of pink blooms. They are bright and delicate and, she feels, calming. Sometimes the flower feels like an anchor for her amidst the madness of court politics, amidst her brother’s mysterious wounds and increasingly shifty manner, amidst the fear of an illness- not physical, but intangible, an emotional sickness- overtaking her erstwhile friend Caroline, and amid the rumors that there are still more killings planned.

When she feels overwhelmed, Evelyn’s paws stray to the flower tucked by her ear, reminding herself that not everything is dark and brutal. Those around her, too, have begun to associate the soft pink blooms with her fairness and kindness, her willingness to set aside personal feelings and help heal anyone who shows up at her doorstep. Among even the most conniving courtiers, a pink bloom tucked behind your ear or in your scarf has come to represent armistice- a small time of peace, no matter how fleeting.

[252 words]
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StormSerpent » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:00 am

username: StormSerpent
cat name: Cheese
link to thread: Evergrim
prompt:

"Hey Cheese!!" Chips called over to her wife who was reading a book.
"What is it Chips?" She said, looking up with a smile.
"I found a flower!" She held up the pink blossom, Cheese touched it, it was soft and delicate like a flower should be. Flowers like that are very rare in evergrim.
"it's amazing!" they both fawned over it for a while.

After a few weeks the flower stayed perfectly intact, which was strange, the books said flowers usually wilted when not attached to a plant. Chips had strung the flower onto a necklace, and wore it everywhere.

Months had passed and the flower remained the same, they both knew it was real, even if Wrinkles tried telling them it was fake. But one night when everything was peaceful, Cheese was rereading that book that she was reading the night when the flower was found. But suddenly she heard something, an explosion. She got up and ran towards it, breathing hard she reached the fiery mess. It was in Chips's bedroom. She wasn't allowed to go in for many hours until the fires had fully died down, before she was allowed to enter the report came in, only one had died... Chips. Before anyone could say anything Cheese was in the room digging through the rubble. The body had been taken away, in pieces. But while everyone tried to get her to stop Cheese dug for hours. Until she found it, the pink petals as delicate as ever.
awkward, autistic, adhd, anxiety, aroace, agender, artist, alliteration

any pronouns
my toyhouse is stormserpent, you can credit me here or there
StormSerpent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon_Rose » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:13 am

username: Demon_Rose
cat name: Lavender
link to thread: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=4286473&p=129451147#p129451147
prompt: When Lavender Was A Kit, Her Mother Went To The Meadow Near The Camp And Picked Some Herbs For The Medicine Cat. Lavender Followed, And Of Course, She Got Caught. Her Mother Wasn't Upset Surprisingly. Instead, The Pair Picked Some Flowers And Herbs. A Bit After, Her Mother Put A Purple Flower By Her Ear, Saying It Matched Her Name. The Two Went Back To Camp, (Without Getting Lavender Caught) And Enjoyed The Rest Of The Day. When Lavender Woke Up The Next Dawn, Her Mother Wasn't There. The Medicine Cat Told Her That She Had Gone To Hunt In Starclan, And Lavender, Not Knowing What It Meant, Just Went On With Life. Once She Was Apprenticed, Though, She Realized What It Meant. Starclan Visted Her, Promising To Keep The Flower Intact. She Keeps The Flower On To This Day, In Memory Of Her Mother. ( 145 Words)
max :3

he/she/they/it

Demon_Rose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jantzi01 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:41 am

username: Jantzi01
cat name: Cherry
link to thread: Here
prompt:

Cherry quickly snuck away from her mother, her siblings, Lily and Basil distracting her. She had wanted to go to her special hiding place for several days now, but her parents never let her. Something about it 'not being safe' or whatever. She nimbly ducked through the undergrowth, having gotten used to the territory around her parents small den. She burst excitedly into her little clearing, surrounded by ancient stone walls, and several short pink bushes. Cherry liked to come here from time to time to relax, and get away from all the responsibilities and stress that came with being the oldest kit. She batted a floating leaf around, before getting tired out and deciding it was time for a nap. She curled up in the center of the hollow, and fell asleep on the dappled forest floor.

Cherry was awoken by the sound of distressed mews and tiny paws kneading her side. She blearily blinked one eye open to see her younger sister, Lily, standing over her, her eyes filled with fear. Cherry jumped up, her sisterly instincts kicking in. Lily tearfully explained that their parents were right, and how this place wasn't safe. Cherry looked down at her confused, before Lily started dragging her back to the den. Her parents and brother were dead. Cherry stared at them in shock. Lily told her that they were ambushed by a pair of foxes, and they couldn't focus because they were so worried about her. Next to the bodies, was a single flower. Cherry put it in her fur, and curled her tail around her sister, before falling asleep. She wears the flower to remind her that the world isn't always what it seems, and that you should never trust anything that seems too good to be true.
Jantzi01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BiscuitTheDog » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:11 am

username: BiscuitTheDog
cat name: Pillow
link to thread: yesm
prompt:
Pillow's flower? Now that's a bit of a sensitive topic. But Pillow is always willing to talk about it. So she doesn't forget.
Many years ago, there was a house cat who had strayed much too far from his home. The cat found the Tribe and had asked to join them. They coldly refused, and chased him off their territory.
There was one cat who didn't resent the tom, no, not at all. It was Pillow. She happened to find the tom handsome, even though her entire Tribe was against him.
The tomcat was cheeky and mischievous, he caused far too much trouble. It was all in retaliation for not letting him into their Tribe. He raided the Tribe's prey pile. He broke branches to spook kits. He even managed to destroy an entire den once, but nobody was inside - he made sure of that. Take that how you will.
The Tribe tried everything to get rid of him, but of course nothing worked. Pillow watched them, and she knew of their plans. So she let the tom know, but she never revealed herself.
Finally, Pillow sneaked out one evening to find the tom. She found him in a particularly flower-rich part of the forest. She confronted him, and told him that she was the cat that was letting him know of the clan's schemes.
Pillow and the rogue chatted for quite a while, and evening turned to night. Pillow went back, but not before promising the tom that she would see him again. She visited him every evening after.
A few days later she found him in the same clearing, holding something in his paw. She went up to him and asked him what it was. The tom spooked, dropping the thing - it was a pink flower. Pillow's emotions stirred as the tom pronounced his love for her, and she declared her emotions back. The tom gave her the flower so she would remember him. While the two cats weren't mates, they certainly had feelings for each other.
The ninth day Pillow was getting ready to leave, she was ready to ask the rogue to be her mate. She loved that cat. She truly did.
When Pillow left, she had no clue about the cat following her. It was a tribe-mate with ill-intentions.
Pillow met the tom. The tribe-mate hid in the shadows, watching. This cat was, in fact, also in love with Pillow. How unfortunate it was when Pillow asked the rogue tom to be her mate.
The third cat slid out, and heated arguments began and accusations were thrown around. The tom was killed in cold blood.
Pillow was heartbroken. But she never forgot him. She wouldn't forget.
Whenever Pillow is down, she always looks at the flower she keeps pinned on her ear. It reminds her of how... happy she felt with the tom. No, never. Pillow will never forget him.
[487 words]

-hardly active... i draw... call me october
BiscuitTheDog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellevi » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:46 am

Knickknacks wrote:username: knickknacks
cat name: Evelyn "Eve" Brightplume
link to thread: Oakarch Court
prompt:
    The flower is a symbol, for her and for others. Despite the violence that has unfortunately been common in the Court- sparked by the High Lord’s death- Evelyn is an island of calm amidst it all. Even-tempered and patient, she serves as a doctor for the Court, a more lowly station perhaps, but one she is content with.

The flower, a token from her garden, holds no medicinal value, unlike the herbs which take up most of the plot outside her ground-level hollow. But it was a small indulgence she took, a tiny bit of beauty, that little clump of pink blooms. They are bright and delicate and, she feels, calming. Sometimes the flower feels like an anchor for her amidst the madness of court politics, amidst her brother’s mysterious wounds and increasingly shifty manner, amidst the fear of an illness- not physical, but intangible, an emotional sickness- overtaking her erstwhile friend Caroline, and amid the rumors that there are still more killings planned.

When she feels overwhelmed, Evelyn’s paws stray to the flower tucked by her ear, reminding herself that not everything is dark and brutal. Those around her, too, have begun to associate the soft pink blooms with her fairness and kindness, her willingness to set aside personal feelings and help heal anyone who shows up at her doorstep. Among even the most conniving courtiers, a pink bloom tucked behind your ear or in your scarf has come to represent armistice- a small time of peace, no matter how fleeting.

[252 words]

winner! i love how it has meaning to more than just her and the positive connotations of this entry. this rly lifted my spirits, congrats!
hellevi
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me