MC Mustang #001 by tenturo

Based on Click to view
Artist tenturo [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

MC Mustang #001

Postby tenturo » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:02 am

What are MCMs? wrote:Marion Crick Mustangs have recently become known as one of the largest herds of wild horses to roam the western United States, with the majority of the herd taking over nearly all of Colorado’s rocky plains. Researchers from across the country have been extensively studying the herd, making note of the massive variety of coat colors, patterns and markings present in the herd, as well as the elegant stature they all seemed to carry. These mustangs range anywhere from 13hh to 17hh, though usually more in the middle. However, in order to keep the herd from overpopulating the land and it’s resources, a team of researchers following the herd decided to begin capturing some of the mustangs and helping rehome them, giving them the opportunity of a better quality of life, while allowing the herd to still flourish in it’s homeland.

The center that adopts out these mustangs features a wide array of beautiful mustangs, a breeding barn where your usual stud and vet fees are free of charge, and occasionally hosts some fun events to help rehome even more mustangs and raise awareness about them. The center has also hinted at plans of opening a special little shop, containing various items to help you out on owning and caring for your mustangs. We hope you’ll stick around, maybe fill out some adoption papers, and meet some lovely people and even more lovely horses.

Username: Lavellan
Show Name: Blood Money
Barn Name: Judas
Height: 16.2hh
Phenotype: Grullo Frame Overo
Genotype: EE / aa / Dd / Oo
Eye Color: Blue/Brown Heterochromia
Breeding Notes:
-homozygous dominant extension [EE] will always produce black or bay based foals
-cannot be bred with another overo or overo-carrying MCM
Halter: Maroon
Edit List: n/a

First adopt to go out <33 For this kid's competition, tell me about what it was like on his first day at his new home. No word limit, but a minimum of 100. Looking for development more than anything else.
Will end Friday 03/20/2020 at 11:59 pm CST.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] Stallion
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter:[/b]
[b]Competition:[/b]
Last edited by tenturo on Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

░░
    i promise
    ────────────────────────────
    l
    tenturo
    she / her
    gemini
    ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯
    i am
    ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯
    pansexual
    infp-t
    active
    ┌─── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ─┐
    [url]comms[/url] ⋅ kalscredit ⋅ [url]n/a[/url] ⋅ to-do

└─ ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ───┘
    '┌─ ── ── ── ─┐
    '│─ ── ││ ── ─│
    '└─ ── ── ── ─┘
    ███
    ███
    ┌─ ── ── ── ─┐
    │─ ── ││ ── ─│
    └─ ── ── ── ─┘

'───────────────────────────────'
    worthy!!lxworthy!!
    [ ─`;.-' TO HOLD ─ ]l
    ┌ ┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄ ┐
    you matter
    sleepy
    pms open <3
    comms open
    └ ┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄ ┘
    ── in your ───
    [`arms.❜'

tenturo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: MC Mustang #001

Postby Ringo. » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:28 am

Username: Ringo.
    Show Name: Scortched Earth
    Barn Name: Alibi
    Height: 17hh
    Halter: Worn out green
    Competition:
      (removed for personal reasons)
    Last edited by Ringo. on Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
    ImageImageImageImageImage

*° *
    Icon by Jay
    Hi, I'm Ringo!
    Pronouns are She/They/He
    I am autistic
    Please feel free to message me for anything! c:

*° *
    TH || Soll ♥
    Ringo.

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby acronymm » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:46 am

Username:
    Show Name:
    Barn Name:
    Halter:
    Competition:

about wrote:
    hey there!
    acro/lyn ▴ she/they
    feel free to send me a message, im friendly!
    ████████████
    ████████████
    ━━━━━ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮
    ████████████████
    ████████████████
    ████████████████
    ████████████████
    ████████████████

status wrote:
    on
    and off
    doing oekaki things
    xxxx♡ ♡

━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐚
    acronymm

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby drift. » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:48 am

Username: drift.
    Show Name: Silver's Cosmic Caliber
    Barn Name: Charming
    Height: 15.1 H
    Halter: baby blue
    Competition: [ /100]
    Multiple stable hands gathered around the entrance of a tall, dark barn as a black Silverado hauling a long trailer rolled up a long paved path. In the center of it all was a short, cheery-faced woman holding a pale blue lead rope. She was the owner of Wicked Orchard Acres; a rehabilitation and boarding stable for horses. Everyone was excited about their new arrival, this would be their first Marion Creek Mustang; the first to be rehomed from the plains, and the first to have a new start at a life with people.

As the crew got to work setting up the chute panels, the driver and Kat spoke about the information sent with Marion Stallion MC001.
    The team held their breaths as Kat slowly swung open the trailer door, a flashy Grullo stallion gingerly stepping out. His head lifted as he scanned his new surroundings, delicate nostrils flaring. "Hello pretty boy" someone cooed, and he approached the fence cautiously, his tail held high. With an outstretched neck, he gently tapped the end of his nose to Kat's crossed arms before changing his mind and bolting through the rest of the chute and into the stall's outdoor run.

Kat and the reest of hands made their way into the barn to get a good look at their new arrival up close. He seemed to already be warming up to the new smells of his stall, and the presence of his stallmates beside him seemed to bring him comfort. The grullo stallion allowed them to pour grain into a bucket and shovel a square of hay into a rack without fuss. Kat decided she wanted to get to know him a bit, as he was going to be her main project horse, and pulled a chair up next to his stall and settled down with a book.
    She had barely begun to read aloud when a sharp, high-pitched whinny interrupted her. She glanced up in surprise to find the horse glaring directly at her, hay sticking out of his mouth, as if to say, 'I'm trying to eat, please shut up.'

"Well, you are sort of charming. In a stubborn, irritating kind of way," she laughed, grinning at the stallion, who was still keeping a close eye on her. Kat paused for a second and pulled out her phone, flipping through a few notes about potential names that hadn't fit a previous horse, but still had a nice ring to it, and halted on Silver's Cosmic Caliber. "I think this is the one. What about it? I think Charming will look very handsome on a nameplate." Charming stretched out his neck to snuffle her hair and finally let out a soft nicker. Carefully, Kat rubbed two fingers up and down his white blaze, a grin plastered on her face.

"I think with a little time and lots of mints, we can be good friends buddy."

Charming nickered softly and threw his head back, as if he was nodding, and earned another soft laugh from Kat. She relinquished another cookie to the stallion and he took it eagerly.

With all of this good food, this place may not be so horrible after all.
    Last edited by drift. on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    drift.

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:35 am

Username:
    Show Name:
    Barn Name:
    Halter:
    Competition:
    Oh god
    x ================== x
    x ================== x
    G O O D
    N I G H T
    S L E E P
    T I G H T
    D O N ' T
    L E T
    T H E
    M O T H M A N
    S E E
    Y O U R
    NI G H T L I G H T

------
    ARR
    GSAISO
    SpartanAmethyst

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby dubai. » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:29 am

Username: Dubai
    Show Name: VC Written in Ink
    Barn Name: Squid
    Height: 16.3 hh
    Halter: Black w/ gold hardware
    Competition:

Squid arrived to Violet Crescent Stables alone. He was the first horse to arrive at the brand new mustang rehabilitation center. Squid comes from a herd of two mares and three stallions including himself, although he had proven himself dominant through many fights. Before he was captured, he had a mare, and she was pregnant with twin foals. He lived in an open field with the horses, and he enjoyed himself until he was caught and sold.

He was purchased by Violet Crescent not too long after he was caught. Squid was not very excited to learn he had to stay in a round pen. He spent most of his time bolting in circles if he was not eating or drinking. Squid was rather stressed that day, but his new owner was there to care for him, which seemed to soothe him to an extent. The sun soon went down, leaving Squid exhausted from his day of running. He was given his grain and hay. His owner managed to get close enough to him to stroke his neck. "Good night, bud. See you tomorrow.", she said, glad she got that close to him on his first day.
    Last edited by dubai. on Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
    Dubai - She/her - Anxiety
    "coding credit"

┍━━━━━━━━┑
    Dubai is a
    KWPN gelding
    who can jump
    grand prix
    height. He
    has 2 vices.
    One is cribb
    ing, the othe
    r is being
    sweet <33
    Dubai is my
    favorite horse <3

┕━━━━━━━━┙
    dubai.

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Lavellan » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:57 am

Competition:
        He had always considered himself a laid back type of stallion. Mares came and went like the tide, he never chased down things that could have been or wouldn’t stay. He wouldn’t fight for something that was unnecessary, never putting himself or his mares in danger if he could absolutely avoid it. Colts of strange fathers appeared at lone mother’s sides, but he would never harm a hair on their head unless they absolutely needed discipline, letting them mature and leave when they needed. His herd dynamics were relaxed, but those within it had great respect for the stallion, and he respect for them.
        But this.
        This was not something he could be relaxed about.
        Stolen from his home, snatched from his mares, his foals - his family. Whirled from place to place, his world turning from infinite to a number of small, square pastures and stalls. It would take a lot to let him allow himself to trust these humans.
        And then, all of a sudden, it stopped. They delivered him to this new place with such an aura of certainty that the stallion just knew that this was where they intended for him to live.
        He found himself let loose into a pen, barely large enough for him to swing his rump compared to his old home, with not grass beneath his hooves but a coarse, hard-to-traverse substance that was neither edible or comfortable. The grains beneath his feet moved easily with every strike, making even lashing out in impatience unsatisfactory.
        Many hours that first day were spent moving in tiring circles around that small pen, searching for any weakness in its high walls but finding none. Many further hours were spent trying to eat the short, unappetizing grass that was so tantalizingly close, but yet so far from his reaching lips.

The sun was beginning to dip when she first appeared. The human, the one who he’d see every day, who would bring him his meals, and, eventually, earn his trust. But now, here, in the height of unease and unsurity, she sent him into a flustered panic, hooves churning up the grains beneath him once again. But she didn’t try anything, didn’t even move. She just stood, like a predator watching, waiting to strike. And he put on the best show to protect himself, thrashing, snorting, lashing, squealing. But she rarely moved, just watching his movements. Eventually he fell into both a tiredness and ease. She hadn’t done anything to provoke him thus far, just stood at a distance and watched. And no matter how much he stomped or strutted, snorted or squealed, she didn’t move.
        Resigning himself to his position, the old stallion raised his head, just as he would have to an old rival. Flicking his ears back, but not pinning them entirely, he turned his rump to her. Just as he would have a rival stallion. “I’m not fighting you, but you can be sure I’m ignoring you.” While he knew that he probably wouldn’t be getting out of this situation any time soon, he wanted her to know that he wasn’t going to let her win him over easily. But, as he raised his head into the air indignantly, putting on a show of definitely ignoring her, a scent crossed his nose, tantalizing and tempting. Turning his head to glance behind, his eyes lighted on something in the human’s hand. Small and round, the scent of mint radiating from the thing was not familiar to him, but it smelled good.
        Eyeing the human warily, he turned fully, studying the thing. He found his mouth to be watering, and, despite his distrust, he found his hooves moving almost on their own towards her. Clenching his jaw, he raised his head resentfully, trying to show the woman that he would not easily be bought, but she allowed the treat to slip from her fingers, and, as soon as the possibility of contact was dropped, the stallion pounced, his lips scooping up the little mint before his hooves carried him back to the far corner of the pen once more.
        Crunching the treat between his teeth, he found a soft rumble vibrate through his throat, a pleasurable sound. Something similar echoed from the woman’s throat, a soft laugh, and she rested against the height of the fence again, watching him once more. This time, he didn’t find the need to whirl and protest, but he sure didn’t relax either. He merely stood, tail lashing occasionally against hocks, pretending to ignore the human while simultaneously watching her every move. As the sun disappeared below the horizon, she uttered a soft phrase, one that he’d soon learn, that would bring him such comfort and contentedness in the near future.
        “See you tomorrow, buddy.”
    799 words
    Lavellan

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby tenturo » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:39 am

Lavellan wrote:
      Competition:
        He had always considered himself a laid back type of stallion. Mares came and went like the tide, he never chased down things that could have been or wouldn’t stay. He wouldn’t fight for something that was unnecessary, never putting himself or his mares in danger if he could absolutely avoid it. Colts of strange fathers appeared at lone mother’s sides, but he would never harm a hair on their head unless they absolutely needed discipline, letting them mature and leave when they needed. His herd dynamics were relaxed, but those within it had great respect for the stallion, and he respect for them.
        But this.
        This was not something he could be relaxed about.
        Stolen from his home, snatched from his mares, his foals - his family. Whirled from place to place, his world turning from infinite to a number of small, square pastures and stalls. It would take a lot to let him allow himself to trust these humans.
        And then, all of a sudden, it stopped. They delivered him to this new place with such an aura of certainty that the stallion just knew that this was where they intended for him to live.
        He found himself let loose into a pen, barely large enough for him to swing his rump compared to his old home, with not grass beneath his hooves but a coarse, hard-to-traverse substance that was neither edible or comfortable. The grains beneath his feet moved easily with every strike, making even lashing out in impatience unsatisfactory.
        Many hours that first day were spent moving in tiring circles around that small pen, searching for any weakness in its high walls but finding none. Many further hours were spent trying to eat the short, unappetizing grass that was so tantalizingly close, but yet so far from his reaching lips.

The sun was beginning to dip when she first appeared. The human, the one who he’d see every day, who would bring him his meals, and, eventually, earn his trust. But now, here, in the height of unease and unsurity, she sent him into a flustered panic, hooves churning up the grains beneath him once again. But she didn’t try anything, didn’t even move. She just stood, like a predator watching, waiting to strike. And he put on the best show to protect himself, thrashing, snorting, lashing, squealing. But she rarely moved, just watching his movements. Eventually he fell into both a tiredness and ease. She hadn’t done anything to provoke him thus far, just stood at a distance and watched. And no matter how much he stomped or strutted, snorted or squealed, she didn’t move.
        Resigning himself to his position, the old stallion raised his head, just as he would have to an old rival. Flicking his ears back, but not pinning them entirely, he turned his rump to her. Just as he would have a rival stallion. “I’m not fighting you, but you can be sure I’m ignoring you.” While he knew that he probably wouldn’t be getting out of this situation any time soon, he wanted her to know that he wasn’t going to let her win him over easily. But, as he raised his head into the air indignantly, putting on a show of definitely ignoring her, a scent crossed his nose, tantalizing and tempting. Turning his head to glance behind, his eyes lighted on something in the human’s hand. Small and round, the scent of mint radiating from the thing was not familiar to him, but it smelled good.
        Eyeing the human warily, he turned fully, studying the thing. He found his mouth to be watering, and, despite his distrust, he found his hooves moving almost on their own towards her. Clenching his jaw, he raised his head resentfully, trying to show the woman that he would not easily be bought, but she allowed the treat to slip from her fingers, and, as soon as the possibility of contact was dropped, the stallion pounced, his lips scooping up the little mint before his hooves carried him back to the far corner of the pen once more.
        Crunching the treat between his teeth, he found a soft rumble vibrate through his throat, a pleasurable sound. Something similar echoed from the woman’s throat, a soft laugh, and she rested against the height of the fence again, watching him once more. This time, he didn’t find the need to whirl and protest, but he sure didn’t relax either. He merely stood, tail lashing occasionally against hocks, pretending to ignore the human while simultaneously watching her every move. As the sun disappeared below the horizon, she uttered a soft phrase, one that he’d soon learn, that would bring him such comfort and contentedness in the near future.
        “See you tomorrow, buddy.”
    799 words

I absolutely loved this entry! The detail was so lovely, Lav. I'll have your halter added and information updated shortly <3

░░
      i promise
      ────────────────────────────
      l
      tenturo
      she / her
      gemini
      ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯
      i am
      ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯
      pansexual
      infp-t
      active
      ┌─── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ─┐
      [url]comms[/url] ⋅ kalscredit ⋅ [url]n/a[/url] ⋅ to-do

└─ ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ───┘
      '┌─ ── ── ── ─┐
      '│─ ── ││ ── ─│
      '└─ ── ── ── ─┘
      ███
      ███
      ┌─ ── ── ── ─┐
      │─ ── ││ ── ─│
      └─ ── ── ── ─┘

'───────────────────────────────'
      worthy!!lxworthy!!
      [ ─`;.-' TO HOLD ─ ]l
      ┌ ┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄ ┐
      you matter
      sleepy
      pms open <3
      comms open
      └ ┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄ ┘
      ── in your ───
      [`arms.❜'

tenturo

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Lavellan » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:54 am

Aah, thank you so much, ten! <3 I really clicked with this guy, I'm thrilled to have won him! ^o^
    Lavellan

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me