Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Cats. :) by Swirlshine

Artist Swirlshine [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Cats. :)

Postby Swirlshine » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:33 am

Look, I didn't know what to title this, okay? XD

Anywho, meet some Warrior kitties! Are they new OCs? No, and they're also not adoptables. They're simply cats with really... really stupid Warrior names. One of my best friends and I were joking around about bad warrior names, and that's what inspired me to make some unfortunate cattos of my own! Don't ask why I felt the need to draw them so badly... I don't know the answer. XD

Here's all of the cats I drew in order, and some minor info about them that I made up, uh, in a couple seconds! c:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Top left: Cherryberry. Yes, I did write that correctly. But she's really pretty anyway, despite her awkward name, and a sassy gal too. She’s extremely proud of who she is, and can be a bit braggy, but you’ll find she’s not a rude cat at all if you stick around a while! Didn't intend for her design to look like Coca-Cola or something, but... here we are. And I like it. XD

Top middle: Loudsound. As the name implies, he's loud, and he absolutely does not care. When he was an apprentice, his friends would always joke about the leader naming him Loudsound, and for some odd reason, Loudpaw actually really liked the idea. When he stepped up to get his warrior name, he excitedly asked for that exact name. The leader was baffled as to why on Earth any cat would want that name, but he gave in for the young cat's sake and named him Loudsound.

Top right: Whiteshine. She's named after the one itty-bitty white speck on her cheek, which uh... totally stands out, yup. To this day, she still wonders why her parents chose that name for her. Her parents honestly aren't quite sure why they did it either.

Bottom left: Midnightshadow. He was named Midnightkit as a joke, because, well... his parents weren't the most serious couple and definitely gave into impulse on a regular basis. When the time came for him to become a warrior, his father secretly asked the leader to keep the joke going and choose the suffix "shadow". The leader was good friends with his father, so he agreed, and Midnightpaw became Midnightshadow, the pure white cat. Despite his unfitting name, he likes to show it off at Gatherings, and he honestly finds the joke pretty funny himself.

Bottom middle: Antbird. His leader didn't really like him much, as she always found the young tom dopey and dull, so she gave him a stupid name on purpose, halfway to "spice him up" and halfway as a smug gesture. His only surviving parent, his mom, seemed like she wanted to object when he was named Antbird, but she kept her mouth shut, so Antbird it was. He doesn't like his name at all, and unfortunately has to put up with his fair share of questions and laughing at Gatherings. Poor dude. ,:-\

Bottom right: Dirtpelt. He was named Dirtkit because... well, I mean, his fur was the color of dirt. He kept hoping throughout his apprenticehood that he'd get a decent suffix for his warrior name, but his leader wasn't a very creative cat at all, and thus, he was named Dirtpelt. He wasn't happy about it. He's a background character, and his name means he can be forgotten even easier, so... no one really cares about him. He needs a friend. D:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So uh, yeah! There are my joke Warriors! Please do not steal these designs or names (although I doubt you'd want the names... XD), and the timer is correct! Seeya! <3
Last edited by Swirlshine on Sat May 09, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cats. :)

Postby Lostfairy » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:06 pm

OH MY WORDDDDDD. I ACTUALLY LAUGHED AT ALL OF THOSE BEAUTIFUL NAMES. XDDD I LOVE THEM ALL. THEY ARE SIMPLY GORGEOUS NAMES. :,D XDD

Okay, but seriously. This art is incredible?!!! Look at all the dynamic poses and unique colors and expressive faces! I can't believe how fast you're improving in your art, Swirl!! It's so freaking amazing and igjigdjgdg, I love this art so much!! My favorite cat is Midnightshadow! His expression is SO GOOD. SO SO GOOD. He looks all cute and funny and sassy!! <333

I really like the more simplistic eyes you did! They look super good! They somehow have a ton of depth and character in them!! <3

THIS IS A FANTASTIC PIECE AND I LOVE ALL THE DETAIL - the designs, the descriptions, everything! So thorough and thought-out and AMAZING. <3
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me