Forum rules
Anthro Art must follow our Code of Conduct rules regarding nudity.
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

I hope for the day that I can see you again by WolfTales

Artist WolfTales [gallery]
Time spent 1 day, 4 hours
Drawing sessions 12
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

I hope for the day that I can see you again

Postby WolfTales » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:38 pm

another

I can't get anatomy or arms <<

So even if I’m turning over days I hate
And even if I curse a fate I just can’t change
They hang, the words in the air again
I’ll never win, I’ll never save you they said

Hmm, this took me a long time to figure out how to finish but I got there! c:
I'm not happy with how it turned out but it was a fun ride nonetheless, this started as a vent piece - not a traditional one I guess, it's super happy looking. I wanted it to be. I lost my cat Oscar February 15th and spent several hours looking for him before heading to a movie with a friend. I was worried but he has come back when he's escaped before. But this time he didn't. I got home at 10 pm and an hour later I saw a car stop about 10 feet away from my house. I could feel the dread in me. I knew. I didn't want to accept it. Another hour later I went to investigate and I found him. He had been hit by the car that had stopped and moved on when they couldn't do anything. I was devastated.

I loved that cat so much. He followed me everywhere and to just see that. It hurt. I found him stuck in a tree after work a couple of weeks before Christmas and brought him inside out of the cold. He was super friendly and wouldn't stop purring at all. He was just super happy to have me there and I let him stay in our garage with a blanket and food for the night. Well, he never left. No one called after I put Found Cat fliers up. So we decided to keep him. I held off naming him for a while, I was so afraid to get attached, but that had happened the moment he fell asleep next to me in that garage the night I found him.

Before that - I had been planning a comic and the main character, a wolf named Trombone, would find a little cat and become friends with it. I imagined the cat to be orange and finding Oscar just sealed the deal for me. I decided to base the cat around Oscar being a cute orange kitten found in a tree by Trombone.

Then Oscar died.

I had so much planned for my little Oscar. He loved being outside so I was planning on buying a leash for him and training him, but that never got to happen. I had nightmares for a week and couldn't sleep for days after that. I will still cry when I think about him. I had such a hard time not seeing the scene before me. So I decided Oscar will live on. The cat I based him off of. That will now be Oscar. A new life for a kitten who's life ended too early. I still blame myself for it. I know it couldn't be helped but I wish I had looked harder.

So I fought my grief. I put Oscar down as an official character and companion to Trombone. Previously, Trombone's cat was supposed to die for plot reasons but that won't happen now. I want Oscar to live on as a happy memory. That's how I want to remember that happy little cat. The cat who would purr when he saw me, who would do anything to be around me, would barge into rooms if I didn't close the door all the way, who would be in whatever room I was in just because I was there. I felt so much less alone when he was around. And I don't regret helping that cat. I don't regret loving him. He was the happiest cat I had ever seen and that's how I want to remember him so that's how he will be remembered.

A happy loving cat companion to Trombone who loves him as much as I loved the real Oscar.
Last edited by WolfTales on Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Wolftales ₊ she/her ˚ adult
═════════════════════
I have a bunch of Toyhouse codes
PM me if you want one ^^
═════════════════════
Toyhouse .˚ ✩ ≽^•⩊•^≼ .✧
WolfTales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes