VOK Valentine's Day #01 by dimi.

Based on Click to view
Artist dimi. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 57 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

VOK Valentine's Day #01

Postby dimi. » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:30 am

i'm not an artist, but i think this babie came out kinda cute!! happy late valentines day : )

edits: horns shaped like a heart from the front(medium), scar on back.

for this competition, i want you to describe a time where this lion bounced back from heart break. this doesn't have to be a romantic heart break, it can be platonic as well. you have 500 words + 1 art piece.

ends on february 20th, 2020 @ 5:00 PM CST

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Lion name:[/b]
[b]Lion gender:[/b]
[b]Pride:[/b] link to thread
[b]Pride status:[/b]
I have quit this game as of September 15th, 2022 and will only be around on December 18th for pets to sell.

Please contact me on Flightrising should I have any adoptables floating around you would like to purchase for C$ should a species TOS allow it. You may message here, but chances are I won't see it for a while.
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: VOK Valentine's Day #01

Postby Lady Lesednik » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:40 am

Username: lady lesednik
Lion name: Valnor
Lion gender: Male
Pride: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=4264183&hilit=Storage
Pride status: Entertainer
Prompt: When Valnor was a young man, he was madly in love with a woman named Sabari. So head over paws in fact, that at the tender age of two and a half, he and Sabari left their pride with the intention of starting their own. It went well, for a few months, but two teenage lions on their own is a recipe for disaster. They had claimed what they thought to be a rather safe, modest spot. They were wrong, however, others wanted what they had. Sabari was expecting when it happened. Valnor fought as strongly as he could, but he was no match for the pair of full grown brothers, they tossed him around like a rag doll. If Sabari hadn’t leapt on one and torn into him, their roles would be reversed. She’d be alive. Once she wasn’t, the fight left Valnor and he wandered aimlessly, for several years. He was a zombie, his entire body and soul numb from the loss of his beloved, and their children. One day he sat beneath a tree and listened to the birds singing above him, and began to sing his own song. As he sang his woes, he felt something inside of him glowing in a way it hadn’t since the incident. He felt maybe, just possibly, he could be more than what he had been. He travelled the valley and sang for the various prides, telling his story in hopes of maybe inspiring them, and to touch the ones who hurt like he did. Valnor was sure he wasn’t alone. Through song, he was able to patch his heart back together while also helping others.
http://www.aywas.com/register/referral/33167/ Join Aywas! Aywas has customs, breeding, and an avatar for you to dress up!
Lady Lesednik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:05 am

Username:minifun990
Lion name: Maeven
Lion gender: Female
Pride: Mystic Isle (link in sig)
Pride status: Trapper

She should've seen it coming. The moment she'd laid eyes on him, the moment he winked back in invitation she'd been told he was a heart breaker. But she was different. They sweet words he said, the compliments, the flirting, the deep talks, they were all for her. He started spending more and more time with her, and she with him. She was the one for him, this was no mere fling. The others could see it too, at least she thought so, they said it was the longest he'd been interested in someone. It made her feel invincible, she Maeven was the one to tame the wandering heart, the bad boy.

But delusions eventually crack. Only a month into their relationship she saw Nilesh, her man, her care-bear, her blue eyed beauty flirting with another lion. She tried to be calm, tried to be chill and relaxed, perhaps this was an accident, or a misunderstanding. There was other explanations, but it happened again, and again. She confronted him, her heart in tatters but he just looked confused. It was fun babe, he said, but I never realized you were serious.

Her heart splintered, each reflection on their relationship shattering it further. He'd been careful with his words, he never said she was the one for him. She was always just one for him. Another notch in his record. Another heart shaped trophy on the wall.

She shouldve seen it coming. But she didnt. She would not make the same mistake again, and she would not let him destroy her.

She through herself into her role, caught more prey than the others, rising in reputation and respect. She stopped isolating herself as she realised she had been with Him. She threw herself into social circles with reckless abandon, some didnt go so well but those she called friends skyrocketed. Over all she focussed on more that made her happy. She did the things that brought her joy, not depending on just one person to give it to her.

She didnt let him break her, instead he was a catalyst that made her stronger. She became the lioness she'd always wanted to be so that when she looked him in the eye she could stare back, proud of who she was, a better lioness than he had ever had the chance to shun.

(401/500)
Last edited by minifun990 on Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
"𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔"

-𝓖𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓻

Cloud Cows

Sig cycles gear deer - Click to go to thread :)
minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DraconisSumeris » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:20 am

Username:
Lion name:
Lion gender:
Pride: link to thread
Pride status:

Mark <3
DraconisSumeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:13 am

I'm dropping out, good luck to everyone!!
Last edited by SilentMelody on Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatOnePython » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:20 am

Username: ThatOnePython
Lion name: Dila ‘heart’
Pride: Echolake
Pride status: Guardian
Prompt:
Warning: Reference to abusive relationship

Contrary to how she looks Dila always struggles with heart break. She has been emotionally hurt too many times in her life and has started losing hope in finding someone who will love her with all her ‘faults’.

It started with her own parents. They weren’t ready to have cubs and it showed in the way they treated Dila. They weren’t abusive but they weren’t loving as parents should be. Dila used to spend hours in a day practicing her hunting skills in hopes of pleasing her parents however they always pulled a blind eye and refused to praise her for her actions. This led her to rebel in her teenage years. While, they didn’t praise, they also rarely scolded her for inappropriate actions.

This got her started in her first and only romantic relationship. During her rebellious teenage years, she would spend more time outside of pride lands rather than in. One day while out exploring she stumbled upon another pride, an alley to Echolake. While there she met a young male her age. He was handsome with a full mane and glossy black fur. It was love at first sight for Dila. Overtime they started getting closer, he was kind and always seemed to light up Dila’s dull life. He finally confessed and the two started dating which wasn’t forbidden in either pride.

For a few months the new couple were in their ‘honeymoon’ phase. They would flirt and laugh together until the sun set where they would curl around each other in a loving embrace. This was until he started acting differently. Just little things like asking where she was going and who she was talking to. Dila found nothing wrong with his behaviour and would do anything for him. He knew this. Over the next few months he started to get worst. At first, he stopped her from having any male friends, then he forbid her from having any friends. He stopped her from going back to her own pride unless they started getting suspicious. Dila was getting lonely but believed his love for her was enough.

Eventually, he started getting violent which was the last straw for Dila. She realised this perfect relationship was not so perfect after all. Immediately she noticed how trapped she felt, a feeling she wouldn’t wish on her worst enemy. One day while he was gone, she took the chance to escape back to her pride where she broke down into tears. Never had she felt so betrayed and alone. Xia, the leader, found and offered her full support. Dila decided she had nothing to lose and told the founder about all she had gone through. Xia being the passionate leader she was promised her that the male would never bother her again.
Xia kept that promise and to this day. Dila has the greatest respect to her leader and has come back from her heartbreak by training to become Xia’s personal guardian, a role that’s extremely hard to obtain.
╔═════════════╗
Python || She/Her
vok pride || dappervolk

“Eternal Peace Is Probably Overrated”

Signature credits to Frisco
Art credits to Requlus

╚═════════════╝
ThatOnePython

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wucaian » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:46 am

Username: wucaian
Lion name: Helios
Lion gender: Male
Pride: Sun Gorge Pride
Pride status: Healer

Helios would describe himself as rational. He’s dedicated to his pride, no one life is more important than another’s in his eyes. This was his oath.

Helios was trained to be a healer since he was a year old. The previous healer was kind and strong and smart. He soaked up their knowledge like a sponge, he knew he’d need every ounce of it to serve the pride half as well. His mentor retired and it was a bittersweet day for Helios. He was sad to admit that his mentor was no longer themself, not able to remember what herbs to use or even their names. But he was proud to step up and take responsibility for his pride’s health.

He’d been the lone healer for two years when Queen Flora got sick. At first it seemed like a normal stomach illness. She couldn’t eat and could barely sleep for the pain in her belly. Helios gave her herbs to soothe her stomach and had his pridemates bring her moss soaked in water to drink. He proclaimed she’d get better in a few days if she just rested and drank.

But she didn’t.

He’d known her since they were cubs. They’d been good friends growing up. Flora was the one with the biggest dreams, while he was content to keep his paws on the ground. He once tried to tell her that they couldn’t make big decisions. The adults knew best. She looked at him, firein her eyes. She leaped on a rock, puffed out her chest, and proclaimed to him and the whole pride that she’d be queen, she’d get big and strong and be the best queen they’d ever had. She inspired him, this little cub who couldn’t reach her mother’s chest standing up. As they grew older, his affection turned to love.

Flora got sicker as the days wore on. Sometimes it almost seemed like she could get better. She’d be able to eat a little, and then she’d be wracked with pain and nausea all over again. Helios was by her side night and day. He gave her herbs to numb the pain and ones to keep up her strength. He desperately tried to think of an illness that had these symptoms. He looked through the dusty records left by past healers. But they had nothing to give him. He was inconsolable. He was wrong. He would give anything to be able to cure her. She was all that mattered to him. His brave, beautiful, bold, tenacious friend.

It felt like someone had reached into his chest and gutted him, but somehow left him alive to feel the pain of each wound.

He is not proud.

Currently missing:Image
Bounce, bounce, bounce...
wucaian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dimi. » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:38 pm

minifun990 wrote:Username:minifun990
Lion name: Maeven
Pride: Mystic Isle (link in sig)
Pride status: Trapper

She should've seen it coming. The moment she'd laid eyes on him, the moment he winked back in invitation she'd been told he was a heart breaker. But she was different. They sweet words he said, the compliments, the flirting, the deep talks, they were all for her. He started spending more and more time with her, and she with him. She was the one for him, this was no mere fling. The others could see it too, at least she thought so, they said it was the longest he'd been interested in someone. It made her feel invincible, she Maeven was the one to tame the wandering heart, the bad boy.

But delusions eventually crack. Only a month into their relationship she saw Nilesh, her man, her care-bear, her blue eyed beauty flirting with another lion. She tried to be calm, tried to be chill and relaxed, perhaps this was an accident, or a misunderstanding. There was other explanations, but it happened again, and again. She confronted him, her heart in tatters but he just looked confused. It was fun babe, he said, but I never realized you were serious.

Her heart splintered, each reflection on their relationship shattering it further. He'd been careful with his words, he never said she was the one for him. She was always just one for him. Another notch in his record. Another heart shaped trophy on the wall.

She shouldve seen it coming. But she didnt. She would not make the same mistake again, and she would not let him destroy her.

She through herself into her role, caught more prey than the others, rising in reputation and respect. She stopped isolating herself as she realised she had been with Him. She threw herself into social circles with reckless abandon, some didnt go so well but those she called friends skyrocketed. Over all she focussed on more that made her happy. She did the things that brought her joy, not depending on just one person to give it to her.

She didnt let him break her, instead he was a catalyst that made her stronger. She became the lioness she'd always wanted to be so that when she looked him in the eye she could stare back, proud of who she was, a better lioness than he had ever had the chance to shun.

(401/500)

congratulations! i loved how you wrote this out -- the line "instead he was a catalyst that made her stronger" was awesome <3
I have quit this game as of September 15th, 2022 and will only be around on December 18th for pets to sell.

Please contact me on Flightrising should I have any adoptables floating around you would like to purchase for C$ should a species TOS allow it. You may message here, but chances are I won't see it for a while.
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:40 pm

Ahh thankyou! I got really into it :D
"𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔"

-𝓖𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓻

Cloud Cows

Sig cycles gear deer - Click to go to thread :)
minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me