Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

You've got my attention by BlueEyedKite

Artist BlueEyedKite [gallery]
Time spent 38 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

You've got my attention

Postby BlueEyedKite » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:04 am

My kitty sketch today sort of resembles my boy cat, Edmund. Might as well throw in my cat's fluffy mouse toy in the pic. I just gotta say... cat anatomy is the strangest. I want everything to be proportional and neat, but some areas of their body just makes no sense to me .___.

Art by me.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: You've got my attention

Postby Skiv » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:28 am

Cat anatomy is so hard!!! They are their own element I swear! Something between a solid and a liquid, and then all the fur obscures their muscle structure and it's just.....ah! What is happening under all that fluff lol xD
But this is super cute, and your cat has an adorable name <3333 Such a happy expression you've managed to convey, and those whiskers are spot on! ^^ I'd say you did an excellent job~
Skiv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:40 am

Skiv wrote:Cat anatomy is so hard!!! They are their own element I swear! Something between a solid and a liquid, and then all the fur obscures their muscle structure and it's just.....ah! What is happening under all that fluff lol xD
But this is super cute, and your cat has an adorable name <3333 Such a happy expression you've managed to convey, and those whiskers are spot on! ^^ I'd say you did an excellent job~

SKIV I think you are psychic! I was just looking at your Character Shop thinking to myself "oh look Skiv on CS! I love Skiv <3 I should talk to Skiv" Then I see a new post on my art and it's you xD what a coincidence!

YESSSS the liquid/solid thing throws me off. I have two kitties, Edmund and Lucy, and I have been basically harassing them to study their anatomy. Do you notice that cats have tiny heads compared to their bodies?! And sometimes when they sit it looks like their back legs just melt into the floor! Thank you for the encouragement though! I have yet to draw my daily cat today, I think I'll get on it =D

EDIT* You got a cat OC Skiv? I can practice drawz
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiv » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:49 am

BlueEyedKite wrote:
Skiv wrote:Cat anatomy is so hard!!! They are their own element I swear! Something between a solid and a liquid, and then all the fur obscures their muscle structure and it's just.....ah! What is happening under all that fluff lol xD

SKIV I think you are psychic! I was just looking at your Character Shop thinking to myself "oh look Skiv on CS! I love Skiv <3 I should talk to Skiv" Then I see a new post on my art and it's you xD what a coincidence!

YESSSS the liquid/solid thing throws me off. I have two kitties, Edmund and Lucy, and I have been basically harassing them to study their anatomy. Do you notice that cats have tiny heads compared to their bodies?! And sometimes when they sit it looks like their back legs just melt into the floor! Thank you for the encouragement though! I have yet to draw my daily cat today, I think I'll get on it =D

EDIT* You got a cat OC Skiv? I can practice drawz

Aha I was stalking your gallery >:^D

I'm guessing their names are in reference to Narnia? :3
Yessss about the back legs!!! Where do they go???? Like little robots, they just....fold in on themselves aha

Aw no I don't have any cat OC's, or any animal OC's for that matter besides a weird angel wolf :')
I need to change that....gotta make more animal OC's! ; o ;
Well....I have a tiger-centaur oc but don't think that counts pff
Skiv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:01 am

@Skiv

Oh how flattering ^.^ I'd like to stalk your gallery too, it's only fair! I just need new images to look at please, lol.

Yes they're named after the siblings from Narnia! You're the first who has got that c:

Drat... I was hoping to doodle a cat for you. Well, I'll just dedicate my next daily cat sketch in your honor. Keep stalking my gallery I'm working on it nooooow =D
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiv » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:09 am

my gallery is an absolute mess oh no ahaha

Really??? Edmund and Lucy though, it's quite obvious xD

Aw, well I wouldn't say no to a sketch of my baby girl Zelda (she's not fat....just very very fluffy!!)

she is also very judgemental
Skiv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me