Based on Click to view
Artist aortic [gallery]
Time spent 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Hunter's Woods #23

Postby aortic » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:13 am

Main thread
To adopt you must either have a founder and be level 1. Or, you can adopt this one as your founder!

Winner is StormSerpent!

This comp ends on the 30th!
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat name:[/b]
[b]Cat Gender: [/b]
[b]Link to thread: [/b] (if you do not have a founder; you can leave this as n/a)
[b]What sparks a fire in this cat's heart? What inspires them?[/b]
Last edited by aortic on Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    pine • he/its
    not here anymore
aortic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hunter's Woods #23

Postby .sins. » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:01 am

Username: .sins.
Cat name: Lion that Fights With Pack
Cat Gender: male
Link to thread: Here
What sparks a fire in this cat's heart? What inspires them?
wip
-
-
-
.sins. | they/them | sagittarius
enfp-t | true nuetral | slytherin

-----

just a vet student trying to enjoy the
minimal amount of free time they have

-----

trade | sig art credit | pfp art credit
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meowdle » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:37 am

A blazing green fire burns in this cat’s heart,
Only revealing itself through his eyes
And through his clenched teeth.
Wicked claws give kindling to the flames.

He watches others through slit eyes,
His judging glares observing.
But they are only a mirror,
Reflecting his broken self back to him.

The fury of the green fire rages,
Growing in power day by day.
If only he could learn to trust himself,
To extinguish the fire, to make it all go away.

But for now, he projects
His fears, his hopes, his downfalls.

The only thing that inspires him now
Is an envy that burns,
brighter than the rising sun;
An envy that swallows him whole
And spits him out as a nobody,
As a beast, as a monster.
A young grumpy tom,
With no future to muster.

Username:
Meowdle

Cat name:
Coevryn
(Nicknamed Cove)

Cat Gender:
Male

Link to thread:
The Stridestep Clowder
──

──
───────
L I N K S
╭──────
dA: x & x
toyhou.se
Art Fight
Twitter
Pinterest
Listography

──────╯
───────
Hi, I'm Meowdle!
she/her
demi/pan
college student

I am going to be busy during weekdays, so I might not be able to get back to you/finish things until the weekend. Sorry about that! ;u;

Update 11/29/19: At this time, please do not ask me for commissions. I may occasionally make posts offering free art, however. :3
Meowdle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trickz » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:06 pm

Username: ThunderCry04
Cat name: Loudbumble
Cat Gender: Male
Link to thread: RuinClan
What sparks a fire in this cat's heart? What inspires them? res
Trickz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:51 pm

Username: Raincloud the 33rd
Cat name: Jess Claire
Cat Gender: female
Link to thread: Fairview
Jess had been out shopping all day. It was cold, wet and rainy and she had to go from store to store to find the things she needed. Sitting under a restaurant's overhang she stopped to go over the things she'd bought - eggs, bacon, flour, sugar, salt, syrup... the list went on. It was just as it would be for her that the stores didn't all carry everything she needed unlike usual.

She was excited to go back home, catching a ride on someone's cart and placing her bags carefully so they wouldn't get too wet. She asked herself why she did this. Why she did anything like this on such cold, wet day... she could have been tucked up in bed, sleeping in.

The cart driver dropped her off at the door of where she worked. She was mumbling sour things to herself as she took down each bag in turn, thanked the driver, and then had to carry them in. But the frown left her face as she unlocked the door and felt the warmth of the fire flood over her, and was suddenly surrounded by a veritable heap of bouncing kittens who nearly toppled the young lady over.

"Miss Claire Miss Claire! Your back your back!"

A chorus of small high pitched voices quickly subdued by one older child among them who usher them back and, goading some of the smaller ones to help, marched them to helping her carry in the bags.

"It's Marcy's farewell party tomorrow, so I thought we'd do something she'd like." Jess said, her voice growing lower. "So keep your voices down. Now- I brought all the goodies we can bake for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert. Won't she be surprised we do the cooking for her, for a change? What do you say kittens?"

The kittens had to resist shouting happily. The group was always up for making what would, honestly, probably be a mess in the kitchen, and they loved Marcy.

And Jess loved them. She didn't have to do anything for the kits that lived there, really - all she did was volunteered freely. But their smiles inspired her to strive everyday, for them. They didn't have anyone else besides her, Marcy and Annette - and she always loved when she came to visit them.

lost; used to level w/ different design; not for me
Last edited by clouds-move-on on Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Westsparrow » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:53 am

Username: westsparrow
Cat name: Eridon (Erin)
Cat Gender: Male
Link to thread: Thieves' Hideout
What sparks a fire in this cat's heart? What inspires them? The joy of adventure is what he loves the most. The thrill of a new discovery and the beautiful sights that come with it. As a journalist, he is always searching for new experiences to serve as inspirations for his writing. The sights he sees and the people he meets, it is all an experience that he enjoys more than anything. He has already traveled the world, but he will continue to do it again and again for as long as time will allow, and he will publish his stories along the way. Any who have traveled with him will agree that passion of an adventurer is unbeatable.
Westsparrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ataraxic_gone » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:41 am

Username: ataraxic_king
    Cat name: KitSong
    Cat Gender: trans male
    Link to thread: Tacenda
    With a power to view the souls of others, to peer into the depths of one's soul, there was nothing that struck a cord deeper in Kit's heart when he saw someone who's soul had, under the strain of life, began to shatter and crack into pieces. It was a testament to the struggles they had gone through, to the pain they had survived and all the bad endings they had pushed through. It lit a fire inside Kit like nothing else.
    A burning passion to support and aide what would be considered by most an impossibility to fix.
    You can pick out the broken soul in a crowd by the way Kit gravitates to them, helping them out and offering support where others usually flinch at such a broken cats mannerisms. He understands the weight of the world crashing down on you, he understands and will do everything in his power to fix things.
    Once he's set his heart on someone he deigns to fix nothing short of that cat moving hundreds of miles away would stop him on his mission, inspired isn't quite the right word for it but it's the closest thing to describe the energy that Kit gets as he sets out to fix the worlds problems. If he could make things alright in the world of just one cat, than he could sleep peacefully at night in his own.
    No amount of growling, self pity or self hatred has ever been able to drive Kit from aiding a cat in need with a broken soul. It's the one thing that sparks a fire in him to help.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StormSerpent » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:13 pm

Username: StormSerpent
Cat name: Dusky crow crying for help (Crow)
Link to thread: Evergrim

Once nice, oh so kind, does his best, here to help. A good young cat who loves his friends.
In the wrong place, at the wrong time, sees something he was never meant to know.
The truth it hits so hard, washing out the flame that lights his soul, no reason now.
A broken man, why be happy when there’s no point… unless.
He could save the others! Let them keep on with their pointless little lives, happy as can be.
Just have to make sure that mouths stay sealed, one who’s dead cannot speak.
Those who keep such dangerous secrets, never turn your back on crow.
Thinks what he’s doing is right, creep up on friends and end their lives.
He’s helping, isn’t he. Death may hurt but the truth hurts more, no one ever needs to know.
Just let them believe their fairy tales of another life beyond the stars, beyond time itself.
awkward, autistic, adhd, anxiety, aroace, agender, artist, alliteration

any pronouns
my toyhouse is stormserpent, you can credit me here or there
StormSerpent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aortic » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:28 pm

This is now closed!

WINNER IS STORMSERPENT!
    StormSerpent wrote:Username: StormSerpent
    Cat name: Dusky crow crying for help (Crow)
    Link to thread: Evergrim

Once nice, oh so kind, does his best, here to help. A good young cat who loves his friends.
    In the wrong place, at the wrong time, sees something he was never meant to know.
    The truth it hits so hard, washing out the flame that lights his soul, no reason now.
    A broken man, why be happy when there’s no point… unless.
    He could save the others! Let them keep on with their pointless little lives, happy as can be.
    Just have to make sure that mouths stay sealed, one who’s dead cannot speak.
    Those who keep such dangerous secrets, never turn your back on crow.
    Thinks what he’s doing is right, creep up on friends and end their lives.
    He’s helping, isn’t he. Death may hurt but the truth hurts more, no one ever needs to know.
    Just let them believe their fairy tales of another life beyond the stars, beyond time itself.

I absolutely love the style of writing and the motivation that it conveys for Crow! A very interesting character and reason for his choices!

I'll be giving a Runner Up cat to ataraxic_king !
    This one stood out to me just as much and I enjoyed reading KitSong's inspiration and determination. It will be a cat with similar markings.
    pine • he/its
    not here anymore
aortic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me