Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Warriors Design Contest: Stoatsplash by Swirlshine

Artist Swirlshine [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Warriors Design Contest: Stoatsplash

Postby Swirlshine » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:59 am

I wanted to do this ever since I saw the contest announcement, and I was also feeling pretty anxious this morning, so I decided to go ahead and do a design to take my mind off things for a while! This was so fun to make, dang ;-;

This is my entry for @razzledazzlin's Instagram Warriors design contest, where she basically gave a list of background characters, each with a short description, that will be in her comic, The Dog Star, and allowed everyone to try their hand at designing them! The winners get their design used in the comic itself! I love the story, so i thought that was pretty cool!
This cat, Stoatsplash, was mentioned to be an "orange tabby she-cat", so I did that, and then added some white patches, because her name IS Stoatsplash, and stoats can turn white in the winter, and "splash" made me think of a distinctive face marking, so boom!

Even if I don't win, I'm actually really proud of this art! I think the colors go together pretty nicely! ^-^

Character belongs to @Razzledazzlin on Instagram, design belongs to me! <3

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Warriors Design Contest: Stoatsplash

Postby Lostfairy » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:22 am

Wahhhhh~ this is so pretty! And man, you've grown so much in your art. ;__; This looks so so good, LOOK AT THAT ANATOMY AND COLORING AND FACE AND SJDJISGSD, I LOVE YOUR ART. This is random but the way you draw fluffy fur. I adore it. It's so fluffy and floofy and PERFECT?! I always struggle with drawing fluffy things so man, kudos to you. You're an expert. ;-; <33

And DUDE, that's such a cool contest! You designed a character?! That's epic! Wow!!! And you thought so much about the nameeeee and pattern, ah, I love that! I hope this design wins!! Let me know what happens, I want to knowww!! <3
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Warriors Design Contest: Stoatsplash

Postby Swirlshine » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:29 pm

Lostfairy wrote:Wahhhhh~ this is so pretty! And man, you've grown so much in your art. ;__; This looks so so good, LOOK AT THAT ANATOMY AND COLORING AND FACE AND SJDJISGSD, I LOVE YOUR ART. This is random but the way you draw fluffy fur. I adore it. It's so fluffy and floofy and PERFECT?! I always struggle with drawing fluffy things so man, kudos to you. You're an expert. ;-; <33

And DUDE, that's such a cool contest! You designed a character?! That's epic! Wow!!! And you thought so much about the nameeeee and pattern, ah, I love that! I hope this design wins!! Let me know what happens, I want to knowww!! <3

Agydauiduwnhdkankdnakdnka, idk how you're so wonderful Lost, THANK YOU!!!! That means a ton to me - I've really been trying to improve in everything I can, and designing characters and making them look unique compared to others has been my focus lately! It means a lot that you like how I draw everything, seriously ;__; <333333

I'll definitely tell you what happens - I might not win, but hey, I still had a ton of fun making this and I like how it turned out anyway! <3

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me