Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Home For The Holidays (Redraw) by Swirlshine

Artist Swirlshine [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Home For The Holidays (Redraw)

Postby Swirlshine » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:02 pm

I know this is a day late now, but MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!! I hope it was amazing for you all. <33

Alright, so, some of you may remember this old piece of mine from back in 2018. I've been thinking about redrawing it for Christmas since November, and I finally decided to give it a go! I realized the old art made it look like Oliver was giant because I didn't show any perspective, and it also had VERY minimal shading. Oh, and not to mention the slightly awkward pose. So I aimed to change all of those things here! Because of the perspective change, I couldn't include all the elements of the 2018 version, and I also changed some things like the walls and plants (which wow... I copied the Animal Jam plants in the original and didn't even mention it? Alright...). Oh, and the rug is now one of those fluffy white ones. C:

I'm actually extremely proud of this! I sometimes feel like, if I'm improving at all, it's... abnormally slow, you know? But looking back at my art from just last year, I've realized how far I've come, and that gives me hope that, next year, around this time, I'll be able to look back at this redraw and say "I can do even better now!" <3

Anywho, I hope everyone reading this has a splendid rest of their 2019 and a wonderful day! Seeya! <3

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Home For The Holidays (Redraw)

Postby JK341 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:05 pm

aww this is so great, he looks so dang peaceful and content in this oh my gosh!

yes that is definitely some mega improvement there! As long as we are improving, no matter how slow that is what counts. <3
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DancingEevee » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:28 pm

This is SOOOOO cute! OMG!!
▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬
"Hiya, I'm
DancingEevee!"

▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬
▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬
Toyhou.se
Art Shop!
ULTIMATE DREAMIE:
UR Fennec Fox!
I also collect ALL Store Pets!
▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬
▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬
DancingEevee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lostfairy » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:16 pm

SHSHEOWHRJEHEJ.
I’ve screamed about this already to you BUUUUT.
It deserves more screaming. C:

THE. PERSPECTIVE. I CAN’T GET OVER IT!!!!! Not only have your animals, shading, and lining improved, but your sense of perspective has gotten so flipping GOOD?!?? I’m practically drooling over here just looking at this art. It’s so so good. I love itttt. ;__;

I can’t wait to see where you’ll go with your art! I know you’re going to continue to improve. I’m cheering you on!!! <333
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me