Just some lil cats by Zailune

Based on Click to view
Artist Zailune [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Just some lil cats

Postby Zailune » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:04 am

In the large and ancient Clan of EbonClaws, new lives are born into the world as small, black kittens. These kittens grow and develop their markings based on the development of their environment, interests and personalities, and as they reach adulthood the physical changes slowly come to a halt. EbonClaws are born with two forms, that of a feline and that of a human.

With the vast varieties of lands stretching across the Known World, EbonClaws find themselves following passions of all sorts and still finding a home within the Sanctuaries of Lerros, the main communities which hold very dear secrets and the Eternal Truths of the EbonClaws.

Some entities and monarchs across the lands demand service of the EbonClaws Clan. As it has always been, the warriors of this Clan listen and act to the words of their elders - carrying out service in times it is deemed just and necessary. As the world faces quakes and the twisted tendrils of The Under grow ever closer, will the Clan of EbonClaws rise to the challenges ahead?

General world ideas:
    - World is referred to as "Known World" but stretches to other realities including 'after' existences, underworld, unknown/un-recorded territories, alternate / warped lines, etc.)
    - Modern tech is available, but many civilizations are sort of stuck in the past. Cultures / traditions / rituals are important and there are different belief systems within societies that take priority and dictate actions / laws / normality
    - There are different Clans and such, though general populations exist in kingdoms while Clans have a presence in the sense of biological connectivity / history / family lines
    - Clans generally include a population of the same species, most Clans containing individuals with the ability to change forms (2 forms max, 3 or more is extremely rare) between human and a specific animal species.
    - The Clan of EbonClaws is a group of Cat / Human individuals with varying magical abilities / beliefs. The primary similarity within this Clan is their dedication and strong following of the Eternal Truths, a set of rules and moral standards that are unique to their group. The system is loose and open to accepting those outside of the main families within the Clan.

So I had this idea thing that I'm going to use as an excuse to make a bunch of cats, pardon me ;)
I'll prob make human refs at some point too lol
I'll prob also fix up these designs or w/e but y'know

In order:
(For reference: Name/Gen Title | Gender | Clan Title)

1. Elder Asao | Male | Vision Seeker
Asao was born with a Sight that allowed him to understand and visualize prophecies of great significance to the EbonClaws. His childhood was basically non-existent, as his duties were priority to anything else. He's grown old and wise, and at this stage is willing to accept his place in the Known World. He doesn't speak frequently, but when he does, there's a good reason for it. It is said that upon his passing into the After World, his Sight will be passed down to a newly born Claw.

2. Watcher Kuichva | Male | Guardian
Kuichva is a strong believer in the moral codes outlined in scriptures in alignment with the Eternal Truths. Above everything else, he believes it's his duty to protect others within his Clan and those who cannot protect themselves. He can wield 2 daggers and a short-sword, and is an expert in close combat. He is very silent and values peace, serene places to rest and the whispers within the winds.

3. Spirit-Seeker Aidinnel | Male | Voice
Aidinnel has always felt connected to the entities unseen, and has pursued a position where he may communicate with spiritual entities and translate the words of such entities. Since learning the After Tongues, he's found a place among those that have passed and those that exist outside of the known reality of the living. He frequently meditates, and finds peace in dark places and before small bodies of water.

4. Genegaia | Female | Herbalist
Genegaia is a caretaker for flora, and grows many herbs for varying purposes. She despises violence, yet obeys her upper command by offering poisons created from some plants she cares for. Her obedience allows her the opportunity to create medical remedies and continue studying herbs for beneficial purposes. She is particularly interested in how magic energy affects certain plants, and how binding magical elements to certain flora could allow for faster growth or more bountiful harvests, despite her inability to utilize magical energy within her own body (besides the act of form change between her two natural states).

5. Peace-Warden Poe | Male | Guardian
Being a Guardian while also being a major pacifist is something most others would consider a challenge. When facing violent or aggressive foes, the most practical measures in some situations would be to go on the offensive side. However, Poe uses barrier and restraint magics to restrain and detain opponents, and refuses to do harm intentionally. If he accidentally hurt a small animal he'd probably cry himself to sleep for the next month.

6. Obsidian Beast Heiver | Male | Guardian
No other in the Known World truly understands the nature of Heiver. He acts unpredictably, but seems to stay in line with what he is directed to do by his leaders... if just enough. He seems to lack empathy, and can act in cruel ways. His specialty is controlling rocks and some other natural objects of that sort. He can splinter stones down into shards and shoot them outwards from his body's position. His control extends to approximately 3 meters around his body.

Credit to shalusky for the base
Zailune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me