Artist Vordai [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 15 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
47 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

• Kalon Christmas-Readopt Edition •

Postby Vordai » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:05 am

Happy Holidays!

With the holidays both starting and just around the corner, Kana and I thought it would be a really nice idea to have a readopt out of a cute batch of ours! Kana did an amazing job and now we bring you this mini angel all wrapped up in a bow <3

So for this Kalon, they're very excited to write to Santa this year!
Tell me, what does their letter to Santa say? What do they ask for?
• You have 750 words or one art piece
• One extra of one art piece or 250 words

• As it's the time to be busy this competition will last for 3 weeks with a one week extension possible!
• So this ends on the 13th January at rollover.
• If I've missed anything please PM me, or if the word count isn't enough.
• Have a wonderful Holidays <3
Last edited by Vordai on Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vordai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: • Kalon Christmas-Readopt Edition •

Postby idyll » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:07 am

screaming flaming res
𝓼𝓳ó𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓷 𝓰𝓮𝓷𝓰𝓾𝓻 á 𝓵𝓪𝓷𝓭, 𝓼𝓴𝓻𝓲𝓯𝓪 í 𝓼𝓿𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓪𝓷 𝓼𝓪𝓷𝓭

┌────────────┐
My name is Dan,
and I'm a sleepy artist
with a house full of cats.

└────────────┘

𝓵𝓳óð𝓲𝓷 þí𝓷 𝓸𝓰 𝓵𝓮𝔂𝓷𝓭𝓪𝓻𝓶á𝓵𝓲𝓷 𝓶í𝓷
idyll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PARK » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:08 am

SCREAMS
res!
PARK

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trans » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:11 am

username trans ` name praline ` prompt (below)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
dear santa,

hello again, how're you and all the reindeer? i put extra glitter and sprinkles in my reindeer food this year, i hope the reindeer like it! and i put lots of sugar and frosting on the cookies, and got chocolate milk this time instead, because i like chocolate milk more than regular milk, and i realized no one ever gives santa different milk flavors to try! there's so many kinds of milk and kinds of cookies, but we only ever give you one kind to try... i thought that was kinda sad, so i made some special cookies too, i hope they're okay... i worked very hard on them, and got my mom to help me!

oh right! and what do you think of my handwriting? i've been practicing really hard all this year... i decided to even use my special glitter gel pens to write this, i hope it looks pretty still and doesn't smudge before you can read it. it's very important that my letter doesn't get ruined before it gets to the north pole! that would be sad... i would be really sad if you didn't get to see the stuff i've left for everyone with my letter.

i'm sure everyone's excited to know what i got for them, but first, i have to make my wish! or, write what i want for christmas... if that's okay? it's just very important this year...

you see, i want to touch a shooting star... i always hear so much about them, and sometimes i'm even lucky enough to see them right outside my window! it's so pretty... but, i still feel sad, when i see them sometimes... i want to be their friends and give them hugs! it must be very lobely, being a shooting star, because only one of them ever shows up at once... i don't want them to feel lonely anymore, so i want to go to them! or them come here, to earth... so that i can hug them, and we can be friends! and then neither of us have to be lonely anymore... it makes me so sad that they have to be lonely, and they're so far away, that i can't do anything... if i were just a little closer, or they were closer, i could help! i could befriend them so they don't get lonely...

that's kinda impossible though, huh... that's what everyone keeps telling me, when i said what i wanted... but i don't need any toys this year, or drawing stuff and coloring books, or stuffed animals, or blankets, or clothes... i just want the stars to not feel so lonely, santa... when they fly past my windiw, the trails they leave feel like tears, and it makes me sad to see that they're so sad... isn't there anything i can do, anything at all? even if you can't grant my wish... isn't there something i can do to make the stars feel less lonely?

well, i won't bother about that anymore... your gifts should be right under here! i hope you enjoy them, and have a good time relaxing after the holidays have come and gone... and thank you, if you can help me with my wish. ♡

( 539 words )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
praline looks out the window, sheer curtains gently billowing from the wind. a light breeze is carried through the room, smelling of cinnamon and apple pie, vanilla and pumpkin spice, candles that smell of sugar cookie and the wax they're made of, the smfresh scent of pine from the tree being put up downstairs...

it's all very pleasant and serene, she thinks, as she glances at the stars above. so far away they are, and yet, they feel so close... so familiar, so friendly... she longs for the day she'll be able to help them, but for now, she is content, merely talking to them and keeping them company from earth.

praline starts to hum for the stars, as the music from her radio goes quiet for the rest of the night, and she glances at the stars again through her window, watching them twinkle back at her with her own sparkle in her eyes. as she finishes, she settles into bed, and holds her teddy close, before turning off her lamp, and giving the stars one last look.

"goodnight, stars... im sorry i cant be there today, but soon! christmas is very soon, and i already sent my letter... some day soon, you wont be so lonely anymore, i promise!" she says, before yawning... her eyes start to close, and she mumbles another sleepy goodnight to the stars.

as she drifts off into a peaceful slumber... all the stars in the sky start to twinkle, wishing her goodnight back.

( 250 words )
Last edited by trans on Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:12 am

Dear Santa,

I've never written you a letter because I'm Jewish, and I hope that's okay. Do you still give presents to Jewish kids? Not that I'm asking... well, maybe I am.

I just wanted to thank you for giving everyone presents and spreading joy on Christmas to those who celebrate. It's always fun to see what kinds of toys or things my friends get. But I want to know how you do it. How do you know exactly what to give every kid and how do you do it in one night? That seems like a lot of work. Do you get stressed out from doing it every year?

All I want to know is how you can do it in one night... and I also want to meet your reindeer. Are they magical? Well, I would think so. But do they have magical speed and they take you everywhere?

Anyways, thank you so much Santa for spreading your Christmas cheer! Also, you should say hi to Mrs. Claus for me. Maybe you should also say hi to Rudolph, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen. Also, you could say hi to the elves for me since they work hard.

Love,
    Isabella
Last edited by SilentMelody on Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby annie15970 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:13 am

Its a baby! Gonna have to write some lovely things for this bab
annie15970

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Divantae » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:17 am

mark
Divantae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sneky » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:19 am

Mark!
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
~
Hey, I'm an idiot that's up to chat
about pretty much anything.
~
I'm Snekly on Flight Rising, pop in and say hey!
~
my Toyhou.se

Trades: Open (Read my Rules)
PM's: Open
Sneky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FallenOrpheus » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:27 am

Mark!
FallenOrpheus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kanadensis » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:32 am

marking to watch owo
Kana/KB | She/Her xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx THcommsmy kalons
( - - - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx avatarsig )
xxxna for kalons | open: questions | closed: growth approvals, myo approvalsxxxxx
kanadensis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me