Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30437

Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this guide to the Oekaki by Misnake!

Day 1 | Misfortune by arroω˚

Based on Click to view
Artist arroω˚ [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Day 1 | Misfortune

Postby arroω˚ » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:08 am

    Username: sereena
    Character's name/gender/major fear(s):
    • august hayes
    • male
    • big spiders, drowning, complete and utter darkness
    Character's skills:
    • stealth [4 points]
    Favorite Number: 42


    August speeds through the country dirt road, whipping dust in his wake. To his dismay, the open flowing fields smudge into deep and darkly lit forests. The knarled trunks seeming to sob in utter sorrow, the near pitch-black leaves cutting through the air like knives. His red vehicle sputters; August feels a slight bump in the road, being at the controls of the steed and all. Getting out, he investigates. An oddly whirled horn lays lodged into the thick rotund tire, air escaping to long-desired freedom. Frowning a funny, slim frown he checks the cherry red trunk. Ah, it seems there is no tire. August Hayes must push the car. Push the car all the way to Granny's house. All the way...

    Pushing, huffing, shoving, puffing. Up stout hills, down stout hills. It all seems a blur to August. Until the house comes into view. Suddenly, off in the distance, you heard a shriek! The sound rips through the woodland ambiance, exploding in your ears. Like a deer, but...Feral. August shakes his head, shoving the car faster, the wheels lolling.

    Once he arrives at the house, the roof clad with grey shingles and adorned with moss and lichen, August saunters up to the wooden door, slightly crinkled with age.

    Choice #1: Knock on the aged door and do not wipe your feet
    Choice #2: Ring the doorbell and wipe your feet politely


    Current Stats:
  • Points: 3 (To buy another skill, PM me)
  • Stats Used: None
  • Pointes Gained: Default (2 pts per day)
Image
    About me: Sagittarius | Female | Call me "Arrow" | Weird | Artist :>
    Obsessions: Good Omens | Archery | Buzzfeed Unsolved
    Interests: Crowley | Marine Biology | Not dying

    Image
Image
User avatar
arroω˚
 
Posts: 1065
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:46 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Day 1 | Misfortune

Postby Saralaxy » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:58 am

    august chooses to wipe his feet and ring the doorbell politely.
User avatar
Saralaxy
 
Posts: 5354
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:19 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Day 1 | Misfortune

Postby arroω˚ » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:10 am

    Good choice, friend. You will have your next little story tomorrow.
    Now, I have an archery tournament, so I may not be able to add the next day until later.
    Please be patient with me.
Image
    About me: Sagittarius | Female | Call me "Arrow" | Weird | Artist :>
    Obsessions: Good Omens | Archery | Buzzfeed Unsolved
    Interests: Crowley | Marine Biology | Not dying

    Image
Image
User avatar
arroω˚
 
Posts: 1065
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:46 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Day 2 | Decrepit State

Postby arroω˚ » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:03 am

    August politely rings the doorbell; the aged door groans open like the mouth of an ill beast, taking its final breaths before the inevitable. Shaking the image out of his confused head, the boy leans inward, pondering what he might do next.

    "G-granny?" he squeaked, the sound horribly loud and piercing in the near silence. Where he should go next, August does not know but lets his feet guide him, after wiping them in the slashed doormat of course. The walls are stripped of their rose wallpaper, the maroon carpet is dusty and torn, the dark wood posts and accents are much more than decrepit. Something wasn't right...Nothing was right, he realized as his feet led him to Granny's bedroom. Wind billowing his coat, icy claws trickling down his spine, the boy gazed at the hole. The gouge, more like it. Something had been here.

    Mixed in amongst the torn and peeling wallpaper was something scarlet, dried into a deep dark maroon. Blood. August stiffened, teeth chattering, bones freezing, mind racing.

    "Granny!" he yelled, not caring about the strikingly loud noise. Thinking of all the terrible outcomes, August Hayes finally realized there was no light. Nothing at all; he could barely see. Forgetting about the current problem, August curled up into a corner, shaking from his toes to his nose. Praying nothing was out there in the dark, he froze his body, not wanting to draw attention to himself.

    Choice #1: Explore the bedroom some more, peeping into her closet, wardrobe, and much more. Perhaps an invasion of privacy, or maybe just what you need to do.
    Choice #2: Explore other rooms, like the living room. Or, if you dare, the basement. Spooky shadows lay awake, unknown dangers creep.


    Current Stats:
  • Points: 5 (To buy another skill, PM me)
  • Skills Used: None
  • Points Gained: Default (2 pts per day)
Image
    About me: Sagittarius | Female | Call me "Arrow" | Weird | Artist :>
    Obsessions: Good Omens | Archery | Buzzfeed Unsolved
    Interests: Crowley | Marine Biology | Not dying

    Image
Image
User avatar
arroω˚
 
Posts: 1065
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:46 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Day 1 | Misfortune

Postby Saralaxy » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:38 am

    choice #2. august chooses to explore the house, desperately looking for his grandmother.
Image
❝ Take me back to where it all began ❞
─────── ToyhouseCutie ───────
User avatar
Saralaxy
 
Posts: 5354
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:19 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Day 1 | Misfortune

Postby arroω˚ » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:26 am

[color=#08000]
    You have successfully bought a second skill: Intelligence!
    Use this new-found skill to solve puzzles, and craftily escape sticky situations.
[/color]
Image
    About me: Sagittarius | Female | Call me "Arrow" | Weird | Artist :>
    Obsessions: Good Omens | Archery | Buzzfeed Unsolved
    Interests: Crowley | Marine Biology | Not dying

    Image
Image
User avatar
arroω˚
 
Posts: 1065
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:46 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Agent Waffle, Metallic Dragon, Noraku., ShadyBro and 3 guests