Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

i uhh might be getting rats by TheBigGay

Artist TheBigGay [gallery]
Time spent 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

i uhh might be getting rats

Postby TheBigGay » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:56 pm

so here is the story, at my local pets at home there are these two rats for re homing and they are adorable so when i first saw them i just sat there saying hi to them (i do that to all the animals there, give them a greeting and compliments because they deserve love man, even if they cant understand me) and telling them they were cute but they actually came over which the animals normally dont (except some of the hamsters they normally come over too but even some of the hamsters hide ) so i started doing my little thing where i absolutely fall in love with an animal after one meeting and just spend my entire time there just fawning over them till i have to leave so that was my first meeting with them now skip like a week or two and i just finished having a mental breakdown so my mother offers to take me for a drive like she normally does when i get like this so i end up agreeing to go to pets at home so i can see the animals and chill (animals calm me down, my mom normally gets my other animals to cheer me up but although i love my animals i cant have them in my room due to them having a thing where they think my floor is the perfect toilet so i get large stinky patches of wetness or not so pleasent piles of doggie doo on my floor ) so we go to pets at home, i look a mess and feel terrible still but i see a cute bunny and some guinea pigs near the entrance and i feel a bit better so i do my rounds around the animals saying hi and telling my mother how cute they are and i get to the cute rats and one is resting while the other is just chilling, ya know? so im just watching them in complete awe because they are just magnificent and my moms not big on animals so she is just sitting there bored while i just rant about how cute their tails and their teeth and their lil claws are and eventually we leave skip to today where im still getting over a really big breakdown so i have gone into a power down sleep constantly sort of state as all my energy has been sucked out and my mom knows now that i love animals so she is like im gonna take you to pets at home and you can see those rats you like so me my mom, my stepdad and my little brother are at pets at home again i do my usual thing and i see that a family is over at the adoption bit where the cuties are and they are like adopting so i think maybe the rats are getting a home finally which i really do want since they are precious and need to be loved but they are just adopting the rabbit below them (im so happy for her she is such a cute bunny i hope she has a happy life she was also a pretty sweet animal) so when they go to do somethings with one of the people who works there i go to see the rats because like they are right on top of the bunny getting adopted so that area had people there so i avoided it becuase its kinda awkward for me becuase my self esteem issues make me feel like people are watching and judging me so i wait and go see them and one is chilling in their hut grooming while the other is hiding in a corner so i say my usual hi and all that and the rat comes over again but they seem even more friendly by coming over and doing that thing where they try to escape like the hamsters normally do and the other one comes and joins after a bit and they must be in a really good mood since they were playing (one was doing that thing where they bounce up and they started doing a teeny bit of play fighting and then some grooming to eachother so they seemed to be having a good time and they kept trying to chase my finger i was sooooooo inlove and even my mom admitted she thinks they were nice so she wanted to know the info about them (info like age and all that but also about adopting them like what you gotta do and all that) so we find that out and start checking prices and all that for looking after them i take a pamphlet about caring for them and read it in the car and did some extra searching about them as soon as i got home and so thats how i may be getting rats im really worried as i normally get about animals (will i do a good job caring for them? will they end up hating me? what if i mess up???) so im watching a ton of videos about them that tell me whats good for them what they like, things to look out for, things to avoid etc and god i dont know what to do all i know is im incredibly inlove with them and even if i end up not being the one to give them homes i hope they end up with a happy life because god they deserve it

im sorry its nearly 2 am and im in love with these stinky babies and i need to yell about it im sorry a lot is going through my mind rn and its late so im rambling night night!
TheBigGay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me